The Chill Pill 500: Effective near-powerless heat deletion

1 hour ago, Junksteel said:

Is it an exploit?

I mean, not in the moral sense, but in practical terms... are fridges working as intended or there is a chance we'll have that patched out and no fun allowed etc?

Yes, it is. As the mechanized airlock which open/close as quickly as it was powered, since it's get fixed. So fridge can be fix or not.

But, when you see that the instant heat deletion it produces, you don't need to think to be sure it's an exploit.

There is just one little fatal flaw with this construct: As Oxygenerian I refuse to use anything that does not contain pure consenting Oxygen.

How I am alive you may ask? I get that often and I dunno why. Obviously it's because of the grace of our goddess Ruby... who is not dead, only sleeping for a (long) while now. I too am also getting a little tired and will join him soon.

1 hour ago, SamLogan said:

Yes, it is.

They should legalize wheezeworts again to prevent us from looking for havier stuff. :p

35 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

So should we report this as a bug? Or do we just let it roll?

Don't call the cops bro. Chill!

51 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

They should legalize wheezeworts again to prevent us from looking for havier stuff. :p

Plays song Legalize it....!!     Don't criticize it.   And I will advertise it!

Make weezewort great again.

I played a little bit with fridges so correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that every single item listing in the fridge has its own cooling power. I added some sleet wheat to the fridge which cooled down at one rate, and piling in all the other items didn't seem to change the sleet wheat cooling at all. So there may be some trick to filling a fridge with an extreme amount of tiny little items to achieve maximum cooling.

7 hours ago, Soulwind said:

So, 20C would be the lower limit of coolness when using this?  I'm not afraid to admit that I just don't seem to grok the heat transfer mechanics in the game.

It will freeze whatever coolant you put through the aquatuner, if it can freeze (and you let it).

7 hours ago, nakomaru said:

It will freeze whatever coolant you put through the aquatuner, if it can freeze (and you let it).

I think he's talking about the chill pill cooling. According to OP the pills have their temperature clamped when being put into the fridge. That means 200C pills get instantly reduced to 20-30C, making it the lower limit of the cooling system. Obviously it won't be very effective in a normal temperature base.

The pills aren't used as the main cooler. They're instead used on the hot end of an aquatuner. It's the same idea as when using water sieve cooling. You feed in extreme temperatures, game magic, and take out normal temperatures. The net output is a huge amount of heat deletion.

Actually what I meant was the surrounding medium.  If the pills are at 20C does that mean the surrounding medium can only be reduced to 20C at minimum?

I know the tuner can go way lower, but what I have in mind would be using a different, intermittent, heat source and I'm wondering if I can just let the loop run continuously with it having a lower limit clamp or if I need automation to keep the medium from freezing (especially if I use water in it)

I lost!

Yes, your understanding is right. You can just pipe pills through anything in a similar manner and it will drift towards 20C or whatever the exact value is from either direction.

Even if this bug is fixed you can do a similar thing with lumber since it is so abundant and 20C to start.

Archived