[Game Update] - 351082

• Developer
  • Updated baby Pip art
  • New "Saturated" status item for Waterweed to help explain why it can't grow
  • Fix different elements getting merged in pipes
  • Elements will now correctly flow past buildings which are non-operational (such as overpressure vents)
  • Ethanol Distillery building dimensions now match the artwork
    • The inputs and outputs have been moved, please check your bases!
    • Ethanol distillery won't drop polluted dirt until a certain amount has been produced
  • Rooms requiring a light now counts light bugs, but doesn't count disconnected lights.
  • Pips now plant seeds according to a broader set of rules that suit each seed, rather than just checking for dirt

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

New "Saturated" status item for Waterweed to help explain why it can't grow

It'd be interesting if the water weeds attempted to float to the top of the surface, if no valid top can be found, it'd stay put.

Edited by Squeegee
Grammatical Errors
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Rooms requiring a light now counts light bugs, but doesn't count disconnected lights.

Does it count lights turned off by the motion sensor?

Edited by Enzium
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Enzium said:
13 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Does it count lights turned off by the motion sensor?

I thought the same and yes in the room overlay the room stays named (as a washroom/stable in my test).

But I just needed 10 min (inclusive download, patching and starting my colony^^) to break the system:

Spoiler

broken.thumb.png.99b73805eb78fa657c4742905d091281.png

Spoiler

2.thumb.png.aa24d6b894edf8ec6cfdd686c600bc61.png

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just having the rooms works as they worked before but giving them like +10% spd boost on work etc would make them desirable and the player would want to put them on every room always " especially when you got to atmos and still dont have tube systems your dupes will take very long to go back to eat and lavatorys, then i always put lights " even with the 2%" to help that and give more downtime.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Khullag said:

@Ipsquiggle can you please increase light bonus to e.g. 10-15% to be valuable and not just a requirement to build a room of certain type? :)

Yup, agreed. I welcome the idea, really smart, but the 2% are sham.

• Like 1

I was wondering when you'd get around to updating the Pipsqueak art. :wilson_sneaky:

Just now, OxCD said:

Everything is in darkness in this game. Good luck in lighting up everything !

Just open up space, and don't have any borders! The Sun (or whatever star they're orbiting) will do the rest. :wilson_goodjob:

2 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Yup, agreed. I welcome the idea, really smart, but the 2% are sham.

2% would be nice to me if the visuals of lights are more visible and unlit areas are more dark.
Or at least a setting for it so we can play in darker natural light, that you can actually see light effects properly.

Edited by Enzium
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, xkzt0 said:

my game does not launch, just hangs before even the first screen (Klei logo?).

Remove mods.json. It's in the mods folder next to the savegame folder. This will turn all mods off. Useful info if your game freezes or crashes before reaching the ingame mod menu ;)

• Thanks 1

Buildings like the stable and medic bay keep saying they are outside of the stable or hospital, but I can see the room bonus is being applied in the overlay, and I have a light. Seems like this update broke some building.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

Remove mods.json. It's in the mods folder next to the savegame folder. This will turn all mods off. Useful info if your game freezes or crashes before reaching the ingame mod menu ;)

Where is that file? Can't find it.

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I was wondering when you'd get around to updating the Pipsqueak art. :wilson_sneaky:

Just open up space, and don't have any borders! The Sun (or whatever star they're orbiting) will do the rest. :wilson_goodjob:

What a silly llama I am. Didn't thought about this earlier...

I should try also to discover all the magma below, lava is bright !

1 minute ago, Enzium said:

2% Would be nice to me if the visuals of the light would be more visible/unlit areas being more dark.
Or at least a setting for it to play in darker natural light. So that you can actually see light effects properly.

Visual comfort/pleasure is one thing, game mechanism is another. 2% are critisized as an unabalanced mechanism (do not screw the game, but lose any use).

You can come up to the darkness visual point, but that's another subject.

Just note that the game was more or less looking like this at the beginning, and they changed the visual design to the actual one because it was to dark to play (gases, among other things, were hard to see), and it was too much ressource intensive, if I get it correctly.

6 minutes ago, xkzt0 said:

Where is that file? Can't find it.

http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2744766-logs-and-useful-information-for-bug-reports

1: it tells where the savegames are on your OS. You should have a folder called mods next to it.

2: it tells how to get hold of your log file. That would be interesting in case disabling mods doesn't fix the problem.

EDIT: too late. I typed too slowly :p

Edited by Nightinggale

Good changes presuming pips no longer plant trees in really crazy spots, though I'm really wanting for a lumber texture and for it to drop at tree temp instead of 20 C. Very good timing, as I had just closed the game to check on whether pipes were broken!

6 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

What is this?

sleepy_0.png.e150f15f2764a540872ff40c0cdc3111.png

And why is it?

Sleeping pipsqueak, they curl up into a ball.

• Rooms requiring a light now counts light bugs, but doesn't count disconnected lights.''

Honestly this is just a nuisance change that makes wiring more of a mess than it already is.

• Pips now plant seeds according to a broader set of rules that suit each seed, rather than just checking for dirt

Translation: People found a way to make wheezewort slightly useful again by using pips to plant them, so we are stopping that. Also, making sure pip run lettuce farms aren't a thing.

Look if you hate wheezewort that badly, just delete them from the game. I would rather see them completely gone than to deal with an item that is so completely worthless that it is another seed that ends up cluttering up storage.

Edited by DekothOGN
  • Like 5