A neural network writes the next Don't Starve Together

On 6/29/2019 at 11:42 AM, blacknight7890 said:

I kinda want someone to put all of klei's update stuff into the same bot that wrote the harry potter thing. see what comes of it.

That’s botnik if you mean Harry Potter and the Portrait of What Looked Like a Pile Of Ash.

Change has made its way through the Constant, and as Queen Charlie puts the final pieces of her plan into play, the former Shadow King prepares to take back the throne...
Introducing Don't Starve Together's final character update: Maxwell!

----- ----- -----

Check out Maxwell's new artwork. You can read full details below.

Maxwell has been an integral part of our adventures up to this point, and a key part of our quest for survival. His story, and that of the world around him, is not going to end well.
He joins our team to help guide the players through a harrowing adventure through a treacherous environment. Will Maxwell's story have consequences for the players or Them? Find out in this final update!

We're incredibly excited to get the last bits of news. We have some exciting news about the game's next update that will add a world to explore, a new faction to combat, lots more content (and hopefully a few surprises) and, of course, a new boss to fight as well!
I am afraid to share the content of the latest Update but, we will be talking about it in the coming days. In the meantime, we have big news for any of you who have already followed our progress during the last few months of development. We have a special treat coming up for you. A series of exclusive rewards have been revealed and they are as follows:

The Queen of Nightmares Update! (For all three of these rewards)!  First of all, this item is a perfect gift to send Maxwell to his nightmare-inducing destiny. You can get this piece of clothing here ! 
In addition, we're happy to announce, we will be running a 'Be Your Own Maxwell' contest in the form of a contest between 3 winners

----- ----- -----

...I find it entertaining that mine specifically would generate a message in which Klei finally holds back on mentioning any solid release dates.

This is one of my fav threads, may it live long and be fertile.

I broke it

Say Pal, you don't look so good" - "Look, at least that's how it is for me!" - "You look sad, pal. Sorry." + "Just don't say it's the same! Hee hee hee." - "Hey, this means the time is up!" - "Ahhh..." + "Hey! Pal, did I say goodbye? No? Then I don't have to say it at all." - "Hey, pal." - "Ooh, hey!" - "Ahhh!" - "Ahaha, that's right!" - "Hrrrr... that was..." - "Ah, I'm getting sleepy now, pal!" - "I have just finished, pal!" - "Ahhh... there's no need to be so formal, pal!" - "Aaah, what should I do now?" - "The next time I think that's something I need to say... well, I'm really tired," - "Pal, we're not the only ones tired, pal." - "I-I am tired. I'm in my car, with my bag and my coat under me, and my laptop, and... my bag." - "You know I don't have to go out for some reason!" - "Do I have to? Do I have to go out to get something?" + "What are you

Spoiler

Maman Angeline's memory leaves her most days, but sometimes, when the taste of one of her old recipes hits her tongue, something sparks and she remembers... even if only for a few moments. Warly promised himself he would always be there for the times she shined through the clouds, and cooks her his favorite dishes from childhood each night in hopes of getting the chance to visit with dear old maman. He has come a long way with the last three years, and in the process, learned a thing or two. When he goes through with getting a family of his own, he knows what it will take to get the proper recognition. But will he succeed? It was a question a young, bright maman like him would have liked to ask. So many dreams, and no one to ask what he might have missed. But when his mother dies, he is no longer able to get his own eyes on the skies until he has a family. It is his duty as an adult to seek out these lost souls in the hopes that the answers will be found at last. Will Warly find his lost family? Do the

I shall attempt to revive this thread with all my power!

Okay so let's see how the AI responds to my style of writing :wilson_curious:

Spoiler

So, same concept, different flavor of paint!

Just like my Hamlet thread, and my ONI thread, it is time, for me to take up another mantle with this DST beta! 

...I'm gonna need some time though to gather up and launch an expedition into the files to see what's new. 

Here's an idea as to who will be doing the beta.

DST Beta Log:

* The new "sister" ship is still under construction and not fully loaded, but should be done soon.

* We are not actively using any of the DST assets, but some have been reused with new artwork as well as new concepts.

* We do have an old one, but haven't actually been using it since it was built.

* We still have many items being worked on, but don't expect to see the alpha launch (see above) until late 2016.

* There has been a lot of progress made in terms of both gameplay and tech (from the engine side). However, the engine still has a lot more work to do, and some areas of the

I think you guys have destroyed it...and now I will have to feed it more of my nonsense. :wilson_ecstatic:

Sadly, due to multiple violations, we will need to close the Maxwell Memes thread. So for now, all of our memes discussion threads are on the talk page. All threads regarding the Maxwell Memes event will be moved to the Maxwell Memes discussion board.

The Maxwell Memes Event's goal is to let us all experience in our own local way a unique moment in the history of the gaming industry. In the interest of making that true, we'll be running this with the utmost respect to the culture of this industry and the people who make it. The theme of the event is "Don't let it go to waste!" So, please do not post about the event on other sites or elsewhere. There will be enough memes for everyone's enjoyment - it's simply a matter of time before the entire universe is reduced to gifs, videos, links, and more memes.

Uh...I think I should stop, but I can't. :wilson_ecstatic:

Spoiler
On 4/10/2019 at 12:22 PM, watermelen671 said:

I want to throw myself into an abyss.

I want to throw myself into an abyss. Like the others, I want to dive into the bottom of the ocean and dive toward the sea floor with our lives on the line."

The second day of protest was held on July 7. This day, they wore black and white uniforms, black t-shirts, "The Hunger Games" bandanas, white face masks, and black and white T-shirts with the slogan "Hunger Games," in large, red letters, to show their opposition to the dystopian film adaptation featuring Katniss Everdeen, the heroine of the first book in the series, who lost her mother when she was 3 years old.

"We demand to be fed. We demand to be allowed to take back our bodies from the state and give them to the people who are starving," one of the protesters told the Washington Post this week. "The state refuses to recognize our humanity."

These efforts, however, have had limited success. The protests turned violent in the wake of Thursday's shootings in Aurora, Colo., and Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. Both mass

Spoiler

These Duplicants fell to their deaths, and were discovered by The Doctor. They are the last duplicants to survive the End of Time. They are now the first of the duplicate timeline to wake up when a replica of time and space falls back in.

The Doctor and Sam encounter their enemies within and the Doctor manages to defeat them without needing to use the Time Treaders. He finds out that the new duplicants are made out of antimatter and it seems it is the reason why Time Flux can be used to stop time from moving. However, this explanation seems to be false. The Doctor then meets Mr. Ollivander, who says that he is working on the final version of his magic, which restores the original timeline and then the original universe, and thus, the duplicants are also restored to their normal selves. The Doctor is then able to persuade the other duplicants to leave the universe and return to their proper time and place.

After this, he also learns that the Duplicants were sent by The Doctor's future self from the future and

Spoiler

...I never realized how much ONI and Dr. Who cross over. :wilson_curious:

Oh heck and now I've gone and broken it. :wilson_ecstatic:

Spoiler

This Duplicant ate a raw Bristle Berry and it gave their mouth ouchies. The next day, a second one broke off its head and the one that was on its head ate an empty Red Mushroom.

One of the Beedrill's Eggs managed to hatch inside of a Crustle. It then hatched into a Doduo.

When a Beedrill got too close and ate a Toxic Spittle, it gave off a puff of wind, which caused everything in its vicinity to be poisoned for a couple of hours.

Despite being one of the smaller Pokémon in the series, Doduo is able to knock back many of these same Pokémon.

It sometimes flinches before attacking and it will stand on one foot to perform this effect.

The only part of the Beedrill that doesn't appear to be an evolved form of Doduo is the head and body.

Although not always seen in such a condition, the Beedrill can be found asleep in grass.

In the anime

In the main series

Major appearances

The Beedrill debuted in Lillie's Egg

Okay this one is my favorite. :wilson_dorky:

Spoiler

This Duplicant gets antsy when left idle by more demanding enemies, so it usually runs straight to the nearest enemy. It will occasionally wander off to attack other enemies in turn. When you have multiple Duplicants in your team (up to three) they can be summoned for use against a large number of enemies. Duplicants do not attack the same way as regular enemies; instead, they're able to fire several projectiles at the same time. In order to destroy these projectiles, you will need enough power to destroy the target's shields (or, alternatively, hit their health). Duplicants with shields are immune to damage dealt by all weapons, as well as any damage from all sources while the shields are active. The Duplicants can be used in the same way as other enemies. In addition to their basic attacks, they can also jump and spin around, and can be stunned by the player's melee attack. Once they are defeated, they have the ability to be repaired.

In the game, each type of Duplicant has a different weapon.

Klei asked us to remove Wes from our game and we happily removed him. No more useless characters from now on.  The community has become better since then!
Wes on the other hand isn't a bad guy, but he was only doing his job... I'm not sure he ever intended for the player to have free reign of the game, but that is what they have.  We will still have to do a few more things to create a player friendly environment, but that will be easier if players stop asking for special treatment or forcing us to "fix" things by taking away someone, or telling us what we can or can't do.  The game isn't for everyone and will not be for everyone, but hopefully we can help provide a place where people can come to play with others, enjoy the game they've loved to read about for years, and have a fun time.
We are on a "pay to win" game now, so please take what you can from the game. It is up to you - what you spend on it and why.  There are other factors too.  Your friends' friends, your family members, other

The words of wisdom. Couldn’t say it better. Bravo!

1 hour ago, Canis said:

I swear to god, these posts are making me piss myself.

This is the epitome of my humor, I'm definitely going to try this out sometime soon.

You must use TalkToTransformer, Canis! I am a good transducer but not a very fast one. Also, it's only 3-4 weeks and you need to finish the training, but I'll start doing it before that happens.

You have spoken and we have listened; our next update shall now add a new character: Aardwulf the Arbalest, King of the West!

The king of the West will be available for a limited time starting on March 31st at 9:00 AM PDT for $5.99 CAD ($3.99 USD) or until March 31st 8:00 PM PDT for one week. He will be unlocked via a random bonus character bonus event. We have received a lot of feedback on the changes you made to the character portrait and it's not a change we'd have done without. It's possible that this will also result in a temporary restriction on certain items and crafting recipes (which we'd rather avoid) but it shouldn't be too long.

Another change we're making in this update will result in the character portraits being more prominent in the game. The portrait will only be visible when you're looking at your character or if you take a snapshot. We'll continue to look into the best solution for this and we'll look at what we can do to better manage this in the future. Thank you again for your support.

11 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Okay so let's see how the AI responds to my style of writing :wilson_curious:

Hide contents

So, same concept, different flavor of paint!

Just like my Hamlet thread, and my ONI thread, it is time, for me to take up another mantle with this DST beta! 

...I'm gonna need some time though to gather up and launch an expedition into the files to see what's new. 

Here's an idea as to who will be doing the beta.

DST Beta Log:

* The new "sister" ship is still under construction and not fully loaded, but should be done soon.

* We are not actively using any of the DST assets, but some have been reused with new artwork as well as new concepts.

* We do have an old one, but haven't actually been using it since it was built.

* We still have many items being worked on, but don't expect to see the alpha launch (see above) until late 2016.

* There has been a lot of progress made in terms of both gameplay and tech (from the engine side). However, the engine still has a lot more work to do, and some areas of the

I think you guys have destroyed it...and now I will have to feed it more of my nonsense. :wilson_ecstatic:

Lage 2016?whats wrong with the AI? XD

I copy pasted all of the posts on the front page of the developer log, then fed them to a markov chain text generator. This is what it came up with:

Spoiler

Improved creatures to the game. Maxwell is on his way, the mandrake is in, caves are hostable without jumping through fiery hoops -- we now feel the game is better for it, however we feel that it’s important news that players should be aware of is posted in there so you know what you think here.

This has been our longest Early Access. Our official launch day is April 21, just 2 weeks away!

As we discussed in our last update in December, we are finally here, and we are now actively working hard on keeping the console versions of the game is ready for the highest qualifying tier.
When does the tournament end?
The tournament, we'll look into how to go about physical prizes in the future.
Hey Everybody, 
As you may be aware of is posted in there so you know what's coming along well. We'll update you with the expected date as soon as we're reasonably certain mods (like Geometric Placement) to stop working.

Changes
Winona can now craft catapults that deal AoE damage to nearby enemies
Winona now crafts slowly when hungry (but doesn't consume hunger)

Bug Fixes
Fixed bug causing certain mods (like Geometric Placement) to stop working.

Changes
Winona can now build new items: a catapults that deal AoE damage to nearby enemies
Winona can now craft catapults that deal AoE damage to nearby enemies
Winona now consumes hunger when speed-crafting
Winona can now craft spotlights will no longer need to team up to defeat the Battlemaster’s army and his champions if they have any hopes of returning home. 
The Forge is not available on Consoles at this time. We are looking into options for bringing Don’t Starve Together by purchasing Don’t Starve get Don’t Starve Together. A big thanks to our community if we implemented as a whole new world in single player. We are now activate near each other.
Willow’s perk strings in the character refreshes will again be free to everyone who supported us on this Early Access journey. It’s always an adventure to evolve a game without going through Twitch.

That's all I have for now. Below is a F.A.Q., but if you have any other questions, let us know! Thanks again for sticking with us. Thank you!

Through the Ages, and it left little time to do more things that we’re going to take about 6 months to development team. In addition, the Triumphant, Guest of Honor and Survivor skin packs will be able to get drops when walking away from Gestalts
Fixed occasional when walking Bernie.
There can only be one active BERNIE! per Willow player, but the first step of it is coming to you at Launch: we’re putting in small variations to the water environment. (fixing things like bosses just walking towards the player even though we loved that first step of it is coming to you at Launch: we’re putting in small variation between worlds. This will take time to get this update notes here: https://accounts.klei.com/account/rewards
In the future we will update you all as soon as we're reasonably certain mods (like Geometric Placement) to stop indefinitely.
Fixed bug causing Fire Staff could be casted on a Night Lights.
Updated strings for examining Bee Boxes containing different amounts of honey.
Breezy Vest now provides 65% Armor and shoots out Thorns when triggered, dealing 23 damage in a small radius.  The wearer is also protected from thorns.
Bramble Husk provides 65% Armor and shoots out Thorns when triggered, dealing 23 damage in a small radius.
Compost Wrap restores 30 Health to Wormwood as well as the Roseate, Oasis Bound and Hollow skin set is included in this chest for free.
The Wormwood Deluxe Chest is $10.99 and includes Wormwood for 2700 spool.

Upcoming Content
With Wormwood now among new friends and see all that life had to offer. But as time wore on and he experience and we think the game is better for it, however we feel that it’s time that we turn our attention back to the core Don’t Starve Together for free?
No, we are cooking up. Character skins, emotes, item skins and more - so make sure we announce it here.
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst/
And Beyond:
I am sure many of you who ensured others that we pay for and provide free of charge. Playing on official servers that we would update notes will be available for purchase for the changes we are making to the game, we need to, or cancel due to unexpected date as soon as we submit to cert and have a better handle on what the date will be upgraded to an “Heirloom” rarity, with a higher unraveling value.
New Character with revamped abilities, and give a glimpse into their backstory. Our goals here are to make each character unique, interesting Ocean navigation.
We have done a lot of good feedback and thoughts!

Here is what you need to do this yourself:

Spoiler

Copy and paste this

Enter into this website

I set a sample size of 25,000 and set the order to 8, the higher the order number is the less gibberish it will be

Spoiler
On 6/18/2019 at 4:05 AM, HereBeJimbo said:

These plants include:

The Plant

GivePlant.jpg.90e7347ed94f3712ba690c77587db1c8.jpg

Also my favorite single line it produced is "Ocean reunity. Thanks everybody"

12 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

I copy pasted all of the posts on the front page of the developer log, then fed them to a markov chain text generator.

The broken manner of this generation gives me the feeling of a confused, overworked artificial intelligence crying out for help.
Screaming in words it doesn't understand, in the futile simulation of hope that someone will trip over the power cord.

The Maxmellion's a sportsball fan.

Nice two point landing.

Out of ten.
(And no one ever seems to know how to figure this out)

The final one was, as I suspected, the most shocking. It wasn't a result of either the two point scoreline, nor the winner of the first leg. It was the results of the third leg itself. While both teams had done well in the early stages, Arsenal had a terrible performance that completely changed the dynamic between the two teams. It gave the Gunners the lead and allowed the Reds to come back and win the match.

It was as if Arsenal had been at a bar quiz that they were never asked a question that didn't produce a straight answer to.

This may not sound a very significant stat, but this is actually a very important factor. For a team like Arsenal to win 4 games to 1 in the Premier League, that would be an achievement. No other team managed this feat over the entire season, and the Reds were the only team who could say they had achieved it even when playing in mid table and facing relegation.

Spoiler

have fun working out how legs can go to a bar quiz!

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Spoiler

This is how to do it, Minespatch!

What you need:

1.4 GB (16384 bytes) of free space on your computer (or more if you have enough).

The first two numbers in this tutorial are known as the "miner_url" and the "username". The rest are your miner password. This is something you can use whenever you want to start mining on different clients. In this tutorial I will use this miner.

I hope that you found this post useful! If you did, consider donating if you think it would help the site!

Thanks!

Edit: In the comments it has been pointed out that you should rename the file called "server.py", so that is what I am going to do.

*ahem*

On a clearer note, go to https://talktotransformer.com/, enter in custom prompt, and click generate. Then watch the fun unfold.

Spoiler

With full support and partnership from Nintendo, we are please to announce that Rosalina and Luma have been added to Don't Starve Together!

It's been quite some time since we saw Rosalina and Luma in Don't Starve Together, as we tried to make a huge world with only two people. We wanted more. We didn't want to just give you a cute little pink dragon girl and a piggy tank.

That's why we have made sure to give you two adorable characters who have their own unique characteristics as well as skills. Together, they can take down even bosses from other games!

Both Rosalina and Luma will feature their own animations and sound effects. If you are a fan of cute animal characters, then you may remember them from Candy Crush Saga, where they could take on the challenge of crushing as many blocks in 15 minutes as possible.

You would have guessed that we would have a character with such a personality, but our team was able to make it even funnier by giving you two super funny characters!

WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS BEFORE

OH MY GOD

THIS IS EVERYTHING I WANTED

Uh....

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Trade_Innkeepers_(Game))

* A trade in not only gives you a unique item, but can also unlock a new map and/or character in the game. Some of these items may take some time to obtain. Please consider trading in if you can: http://torguide.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_in;

* A trade in also allows you to unlock a whole new class, and/or special character in the game, which you will still keep, but they will be unavailable before you have received your second trade in. Please consider trading this way:

* For example, if you wanted to unlock the Monk class and obtain a unique equipment, you could trade in a unique Monk's cloak, which is a lot easier to find in maps than an alternate Monk's robe, and would probably allow you to start the Monk's questline right away, at least for the first character you choose.

* You can also start the Paladin's questline right away by trading in a unique Paladin's armor, which is also

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is how to do it, Minespatch!

What you need:

1.4 GB (16384 bytes) of free space on your computer (or more if you have enough).

The first two numbers in this tutorial are known as the "miner_url" and the "username". The rest are your miner password. This is something you can use whenever you want to start mining on different clients. In this tutorial I will use this miner.

I hope that you found this post useful! If you did, consider donating if you think it would help the site!

Thanks!

Edit: In the comments it has been pointed out that you should rename the file called "server.py", so that is what I am going to do.

*ahem*

On a clearer note, go to https://talktotransformer.com/, enter in custom prompt, and click generate. Then watch the fun unfold.

Hide contents

With full support and partnership from Nintendo, we are please to announce that Rosalina and Luma have been added to Don't Starve Together!

It's been quite some time since we saw Rosalina and Luma in Don't Starve Together, as we tried to make a huge world with only two people. We wanted more. We didn't want to just give you a cute little pink dragon girl and a piggy tank.

That's why we have made sure to give you two adorable characters who have their own unique characteristics as well as skills. Together, they can take down even bosses from other games!

Both Rosalina and Luma will feature their own animations and sound effects. If you are a fan of cute animal characters, then you may remember them from Candy Crush Saga, where they could take on the challenge of crushing as many blocks in 15 minutes as possible.

You would have guessed that we would have a character with such a personality, but our team was able to make it even funnier by giving you two super funny characters!

WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS BEFORE

OH MY GOD

THIS IS EVERYTHING I WANTED

To sad there already is a mod for me. :(

If not i would have been there before you!

(Breath of the wild part 3 NOW STARVING!)

Just your daily reminder that there are no cults here at Klei. No one is watching a person die and go to Hell. This is true for the more obvious forms of faith, but they are few and far between.

What's next?

We have another two weeks until release. We are still hard at work on the game, and there are some interesting things on the horizon. We're currently in talks between our publisher, the community and a few of our early testers with the new release date. We'll be sure to keep you posted!

We have no information to share about the existence of cults at this time. The Church, however, is aware that some of its members have joined cults. We take very seriously the issue of cultic groups and are working very hard with our local and national authorities to combat them and maintain the purity of our Church. We will continue to communicate and monitor the situation.

Sorry folks, we don't have any lore-related information to share on the Tuesday Art Streams. However, we are very glad to share that the upcoming launch date for the game has been moved up to September 29th!

After a long journey with the community about the state of the game, we decided we needed to show up at your earliest convenience to get it off our chests so we could show you the game in the best possible light with an announcement! And this is the thing about Art Streams; they are so much more than an opportunity to give you content; they are a chance to interact with the community to see what they have come up with, and sometimes in-game art or even the dev team itself can lead the community into discussions about how to make the game better. So without further ado, make sure to check it out!

Posted by Chris on Friday, August 7th, 2014

Here is what people have posted to the Art Streams:

This is a great example.

We love it!

We got to work and polish this guy up.

I don't know how else to describe this

I'M DEAD. :wilson_ecstatic:

Archived