Longest World?

The longest world I've ever had was actually on Don't Starve, not Together. It was only on day 52, and I got into a fight with a Goose Goose and lost. I probably would have a longer world by now, but I like to go and assist others instead of having my own world. What is the longest world you've ever had, and if it's gone, how did you die?

I'm not a megabase or builder fan, so the longest personal solo world I had was about 800 days, I lost interest after that and stopped playing. I rarely keep myself to worlds for more than 500 days. I was killed many times but always have amulets or effigies to revive. As an exception I've existed for about 1000 days in an endless public world though, mostly dedicating myself to clean the world and hiding in a dark corner of the caves.

I ususally get bored by 150. Pathetic, I know. But I just don't know what to improve upon. I have everything I could possibly want, every farm necessary to survive forever. The only thing left is to add things for the aesthetic, but why? I'm too lazy to go above and beyond just because it 'looks nice'.

The longest I've ever gotten is 365 in single player. Okay, it's technically 175+190 because I world hopped, but still. The first 150 days on the first world was a Wigfrid world. Then I decided to try adventure mode and beat it in one go, then Wigfrid was swapped for Maxwell... I did not know your character would be swapped. Maxwell was far too frail to adapt to a world shaped around Wigfrid, one of the tankiest character in the game. So I took the good stuff and world hopped. Next world was a fresh Webber world and went really well. World ended on 190. Well it technically exist, but I can't be bothered. I died by ancient guardian because for some reason he wasn't stunlocked beind the campfires and he shred through my armor and destroyed me. I respawned somewhere but literally all my good stuff in guarded by the guardian so they're basically gone. Not going back there because of petty salt.

HEY!  I personally _never_ use the console.  Well, okay, for a fully aesthetic thing I do--I want a kittykit pet, but I don't want to kill catcoons.  So I use the console to spawn in a tail.  Sometimes I luck out and, say, a frog has killed a kitty already and the tail is just lying there, but...

That's it.  That's the extent of my straight-up "cheating".  And that's to get a creature that doesn't actually DO anything and whines at you sometimes.  : P  My 612 days did actually happen--sometimes I made use of the game's already inbuilt mechanics to help me, such as leaving the Bearger alive for several years and getting him to take out hounds for me when I was in the area, but that's about it. But "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is a time-honoured tactic in...everything, really.

Just saying--while you can't trust EVERYthing you hear from a PC player, the fact that the console _exists_ does not automatically mean EVERY computer player is a lying liar.

...Notorious

My longest solo world is around 780 days or so.

Fun fact, the highest possible day in the game is day 65536, it will roll over to day 1 again upon the next day arriving.
Cause the day count uses the 16-bit integer limit, Day 1 is value 0 and Day 65536 is value 65535, so when it goes to the next day on day 65536 an integer overflow occurs, causing it to go back to Day 1.

Just some trivia I wanted to share

Archived