[Game Update] - 341693

• Developer

Return Of Them Beta

• Wormwood is now available in the beta
  • Players can no longer board boats while mounted or heavy lifting
  • Telelocator Focus can no longer be built on boats
  • Tweaked Seafaring recipes
  • Fixed players getting stuck while entering or exiting boats as they break apart
  • Fixed crash when multiple players try to use the walking plank at the same time
  • Lune Tree Blossoms can now be haunted
  • Fixed extra Big Tentacles from spawning in and around the Atrium area (newly generated worlds only)
  • New Driftwood Oar
  • Followers no longer abandon the player when their follower items are picked up on boats
  • More lunacy effect optimization to fix issues with it running on low end hardware.

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 8

11 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Players can no longer board boats while mounted or heavy lifting

What happens if world gen decides to place one of the suspicious marble pieces on the lunar island? Will beefalos still work?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Swanky Psammead said:

b-but... this was the most beautiful animation in the game...

pls don't take this from me klei!!

This makes bridges less useful for beefalo, which upsets me as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Hatano Eichero said:

This makes bridges less useful for beefalo, which upsets me as well.

yes beefalo were already restricted from using wormholes, this takes away even more options from them : ( pls revert this klei, i will buy more skins i promise

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Players can no longer board boats while mounted or heavy lifting

I don't get the point of this change. If you wish to base on an island beefalo taming is now even less optional. But what if sculptures generate on an island? You won't be able to move it to the main island. Personally I hope this change gets reverted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

"I keep her around because she's good at mothematics."

That's one complex sentence wormwood!

It's also EXTREMELY out of character for Wormwood.

That's more of a line that Wilson would say, seeing as it involves math/science and a god awful pun. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, watermelen671 said:

It's also EXTREMELY out of character for Wormwood.

That's more of a line that Wilson would say, seeing as it involves math/science and a god awful pun. :wilson_ecstatic:

For sure, I think it isn't actually his quote.

The fixes are welcome!

But I, too, don't get why beefalos and players carrying heavy objects can't get on the boat... 

Which leads to the question: can players on beefalo and/or lifting use the lazy deserter, desert stones or be telelocated? Because those could still be a (not that convenient) way to get those to/from the island.

On a side note, I did see once a knight head spawning on the lunar island, tho that was on an earlier build.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

The fixes are welcome!

But I, too, don't get why beefalos and players carrying heavy objects can't get on the boat... 

Which leads to the question: can players on beefalo and/or lifting use the lazy deserter, desert stones or be telelocated? Because those could still be a (not that convenient) way to get those to/from the island.

On a side note, I did see once a knight head spawning on the lunar island, tho that was on an earlier build.

I believe this is related to one abusive system of keeping Shadow Bosses on boat, which could be easily fixed by making them floatable since they already can pass through objects...

• Like 1

Just now, fimmatek said:

objects can't get on the boat... 

players cannot use lazy deserter/desert stones while mounted

they CAN be telelocated, but the beef stays behind

the beef can be telelocated separately, but this means 3 purple gems and a telestaff use for every time moving beef to/from lunar islands, which is really annoying until late game; it also means you can't use beef to cross mundane bridges across rivers on the mainland like anyone on foot can

you can also move beef while mounted using lazy explorer, but that is annoyingly expensive too

• Like 1

Wait don’t all DST characters have “generic” quotes in the files to describe something that doesn’t have specific quotes

”it’s a thing” is only wilson generic quotes

7 minutes ago, Omaremad74 said:

Nope, it defaults to wilson's quote, Not "It's... a thing."

Edited by Namelessgamer

Klei can we please do a mounting qol update. taming is awesome, but it's such a hassle, especially since your beefalo can't even access any future islands now i guess. Only with a telelocator staff x_x. I still think domesticated beefalo should be able to swim albeit slower than running.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1