Jump to content

Poll: Should Warly bring his knowledge of the Ice Maker 3000 to DST?


Poll: Should Warly bring his knowledge of the Ice Maker 3000 to DST?  

71 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Warly be able to prototype and craft the Ice Maker 3000 when he comes to DST?

    • Yes
      33
    • No
      38

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/19 at 08:47 PM

Recommended Posts

With Warly being the first (and only as far as we know) character to be coming from shipwrecked, it would make sense for him to be bringing a little bit of knowledge with him as well. The shipwrecked item that makes the most sense is the Ice Maker 3000, being able to generate filler for the culinary artist to use.

I'm not going to mess around with lots of choices specifying different reasons for yes or no. Just select one and voice your reason why in the comments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I feel ice is already OP and having a machine to make ice sounds extremely OP, BUT I'm all for having more content so why not :D! Though it might be good if ice in some ways gets nerfed (like not being able to use 3 ice and 1 monster meat/morsel for meatballs) in the upcoming updates especially if we were to get this type of machine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reason Ice Maker 3000 existed in Shipwrecked is because ice was extremely hard to come by in Shipwrecked, where's ice is plentyful in RoG. You have not 1, but 2 seasons to pick up ice before it melts away. You can get stacks of ice in 1 days work which will feed you for an entire season.

What I would like for him to maybe have is a coffee machine. Where the team can make some weird coffee with maybe stone fruits or algae. Also, wheren't the Coffee Machine a crapped SW item? Would make sense to bring it back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

Personally I feel ice is already OP and having a machine to make ice sounds extremely OP, BUT I'm all for having more content so why not :D! Though it might be good if ice in some ways gets nerfed (like not being able to use 3 ice and 1 monster meat/morsel for meatballs) in the upcoming updates especially if we were to get this type of machine.

I'd be okay with making it so only one ice can be used as filler, otherwise it turns into wet goop, with the exception of cold recipes like ice cream or melonsicle.

2 minutes ago, Xenologist said:

Eeh, would be nice, but the constant isn't usually known for its humidity

Makes sense, but the same logic for the ice flingo could be applied. Just instead of spiking it into a plant, it is carefully given to the player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, he should bring poison from shipwreck to DST, so he can stun,weaken, or kill mobs and boss with his food lure collection. 

Next time you pick up and eat a colorful cake dropped on the ground by a stranger and get poisoned, lesson learnt. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly I dont think it would do much 

You can already gather enough ice in a single day to last all year. The only people this item will cater to are the lazy/people who never leave base in the first place. (And I guess chill people who play the game to relax, but who plays games to relax!!?!/s)

OP? It's like if you took farm plots, made it use up fuel and it made ice instead. Bleh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

What I would like for him to maybe have is a coffee machine. Where the team can make some weird coffee with maybe stone fruits or algae. Also, wheren't the Coffee Machine a crapped SW item? Would make sense to bring it back.

It was called the coffee bot, and it was in hamlet. Doesn't have anything but quotes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope he get some type special food recepies too. Like food that warms up playiers in winter like christmas related food and hot. And maybe in summer have like coctail drinks that cool you down in summer like banana smootie, stone fruit milkshake. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

I hope he get some type special food recepies too. Like food that warms up playiers in winter like christmas related food and hot. And maybe in summer have like coctail drinks that cool you down in summer like banana smootie, stone fruit milkshake. 

* you anger the chili and melon cycles and banana cycle and ice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind the ice maker coming to DST, but that should come with a huge nerf to ice, which needs a nerf with or without ice maker. One good suggestion you made here was that if you use too much ice as filler on recipes that do not need it, it can end up in wet goop; similar to monster food (use too much and you have a higher chance of making monster lasagna), but maybe more "aggressive", as in if you use 2 or more ice fillers, you don't have a 50% chance of wet goop, but 100%; if you only use 1 ice filler, you have 0% chance of getting wet goop (free filler, now go look up the extra ingredients).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...