ONI Launch Date Moving to July

5 minutes ago, Gwido said:

It would just be great to have a global information about the planning once arrived in the middle of the "release" month. ;)

As much as I agree it would be nice to know, I suspect the plan is to fix the release stopping bugs. Asking how long it will take to fix those would be like asking the police how long it will take to find a specific missing person. It's a task where people are working as hard as they can, but it's really hard to predict how long it will take. You can't say for certain if a bug takes an hour or several days to fix until you have investigated it and sometimes not until you have fixed it. The nature of bugs is that there is a giant element of unknown in it because if it was known, it wouldn't have been included in any release, not even a test branch patch release.

1 minute ago, Gwido said:

Where do I ask for a "specific date" ? And where do I asked for the current bugged test version to be released as it is ? O_o

You ask about a July release meaning you set up the date 31th of July as a "specific date" deadline. Granted you aren't demanding, but you are still implying you want a release despite knowing the game is still buggy.

My point is that they know we want a release. In fact I suspect they want a release possibly even more than we do. Asking for deadlines when nobody knows the workload in finishing the release ends up as wanting to stress out the developers for failing another deadline.

Since the release date is anyone's guess at this point, you can look at the test branch and the bug tracker. If you monitor the development there, you can get an idea about when the game will be ready for release.

In this context I might add that just the other day the pipe temperatures bugged out and then people complained about the developers not testing their code enough. It's like the forum expects people at Klei to work 80 hours a day.

Don't get me wrong. I too would love to have a released version of ONI and I too get annoyed with bugs (particularly the one I posted the day before yesterday about the algae habitat crashing the game if it detects any attempt at modding. It's holding my modding efforts back). However the forum these days makes me think of this video.

2 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

It's a task where people are working as hard as they can, but it's really hard to predict how long it will take. You can't say for certain if a bug takes an hour or several days to fix until you have investigated it and sometimes not until you have fixed it.

Hi. If you could come work at software development companies and explain this to every manager at every job I've ever had, I'd be quite grateful. Thx.:) 

9 minutes ago, jady said:

Hi. If you could come work at software development companies and explain this to every manager at every job I've ever had, I'd be quite grateful. Thx.:) 

• Boss: when will you have the program ready?
  • Engineer: 5 minutes after I have found the cause of the bug
  • Boss: when will you find the cause of the bug?
  • Engineer: I have no idea

The answer turned out to be 3 days. There are way too many stories like that and sadly I can't do anything about it. It's however in the weak end of boss horror stories. It's nothing compared to being fired for not doing the assignment the boss forgot to tell the employee about.

1 hour ago, Nightinggale said:
  • Boss: when will you have the program ready?
  • Engineer: 5 minutes after I have found the cause of the bug
  • Boss: when will you find the cause of the bug?
  • Engineer: I have no idea

The answer turned out to be 3 days. There are way too many stories like that and sadly I can't do anything about it. It's however in the weak end of boss horror stories. It's nothing compared to being fired for not doing the assignment the boss forgot to tell the employee about.

I've had this problem with both bosses, my mom, and random people online. Not just with coding stuff but with animations and art etc as well. Things are very good at breaking sometimes and you can't predict everything

4 minutes ago, teambooster said:

klei where the lunch upgrade 

me: klei where the launch upgrade

klei:

download.jpg

Just now, Nitroturtle said:

Lunch upgrade was yesterday, didn't you see all the food tweaks in the patch notes?

(sorry couldn't resist :D)

but my game in steam doesn't update so you play the beta

7 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Lunch upgrade was yesterday, didn't you see all the food tweaks in the patch notes?

(sorry couldn't resist :D)

how you play ONI on steam or on epic games launcher

20 minutes ago, paulcdejean said:

It seems there's likely still quite a number of backlogged bugs to work down.

Yeah there is a backlog to look into. However there is also the issue of newly discovered bugs, like the one I just found. For an official going out of early access, Klei likely need to have a test branch where people do crazy stuff for a while without finding new serious bugs. Even if the pipe layout is stupid (it made sense when I first crashed as in moving pipes), I think we can agree that no pipe layout should be allowed to crash the game.

Now I assume the bug is fixed at some point and then the fix needs to be playtested for bugs.

It takes 90% of the time to do the first 90% and 90% of the time to do the last 10%

If you’ve ever watched some quality woodworking they spend longer than you would think just sanding what looks like a finished product. 

6 minutes ago, BlueOrange said:

But what time on the 30th of July?

It's been the 30th for HOURS here in Australia.  And OK, Griftlands is awesome, but dammit...

Are we there yet?

They are in Canada, so they will use canadian time, not australian. Just because you aussies wont use proper clocks...

I predict something between 16:00 and 23:00 central european time.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:22 PM, MrBlei said:

Just 1 question remains: Will sulfur have any use?

Well from a quick glance at a random website I pulled up, it could probably be used for the production of rubber, fertilizer, sulfuric acid, silver polish, pesticides and herbicides, paper, food preservatives, detergent, cement and plaster.

5 minutes ago, Darkin Coaled said:

Liar, you posted this when it was maybe the 30th at the date change line, still 29th in Australia.

Did not.  It was 10am on the 30th.  Is now 9:15pm on the 30th.  I won't get the full version until the 31st, even though America will get it on the 30th.

It's like how our simultaneous broadcast of Game of Thrones episodes happened on Monday afternoon.

Archived