ONI Launch Date Moving to July

23 hours ago, mr peeps said:

but its so sloooow

If I understand correctly, the test branch has extra debug tooling enabled which makes performance slower (necessary for the extra debugging), and performance will be back to normal at launch. Can anyone confirm if this is true for this launch preview branch?

Just now, midjones said:

If I understand correctly, the test branch has extra debug tooling enabled which makes performance slower (necessary for the extra debugging), and performance will be back to normal at launch. Can anyone confirm if this is true for this launch preview branch?

I can't confirm that this is the case with the current test branch, but it has been announced in the past that a previous test branch was slowed by bug monitoring/reporting tools (assert checks?). I would assume this is the case again.

However it's worth remembering that even if the debug tools slows down the game, it isn't proof that it's the only source of a slowdown. It is likely the main cause of "new" slowdowns, but we can't proof that to be the case before we get a release without the slowdowns.

5 hours ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

They are making work of further performance optimizations. Normally we'll get them this week; they had some setbacks to deal with last week, but we will get them.

So it may be available this or next weekend?

2 hours ago, teambooster said:

why the launch 

upgrade is not show on steam or epic games 

You need to hit enable betas in steam, then restart your client, and you will then be able to switch to the launch branch.

5 hours ago, llamerr said:

So it may be available this or next weekend?

Those performance optimizations yes - they are specifically targeting the liquid/gas pipes flow algorithms and they had to revert them temporarily as they were causing crashes. The launch upgrade in general, who knows... they are still trying to optimize the game further (and it definitely needs a boost to avoid the lategame crawl), and features are still being tweaked.

Just now, helight59 said:

Uuuh.. 18fps. 16gb, gtx 1070ti, SSD:shock::?

You might want to share your experience and savegame here. Also do note that the game is throttled by the CPU, not the GPU. However with a 1070, your CPU is likely not horrible.

15 hours ago, helight59 said:

Uuuh.. 18fps. 16gb, gtx 1070ti, SSD:shock::?

You did not mention the MOST IMPORTANT PC part for ONI: CPU.

Uhhh 18fps.

16GB RAM - that's enough for ONI you're good

GTX 1070Ti - usage in oni 1%-10% max irrelevant

SSD - unless you have small amount of ram irrelevant

3 hours ago, cpy said:

You did not mention the MOST IMPORTANT PC part for ONI: CPU.

Uhhh 18fps.

16GB RAM - that's enough for ONI you're good

GTX 1070Ti - usage in oni 1%-10% max irrelevant

SSD - unless you have small amount of ram irrelevant

i5-8500

I'm also experiencing a huge FPS drop especially when scrolling the map with any property window opened. And my PC is far away from potato:)
i9-9900K 32Gb RAM 1060 6GB

P.S. Will try to move ONI to NVME drive and check the difference

1 hour ago, Nitroturtle said:

I've noticed that my FPS drops considerably with anything selected.  Storage compactors in particular, if I have one selected, drop my FPS by half (80->40FPS).  This is with no storage categories selected.

This happens with basically any widnow open atm. Selecting a dupe, a random building, a critter anything. Pre patch i had this with compactors full of medical supplies (those things don`t stack) now it`s with anything. I`m hoping it`s a preview thing. Basically half the fps (i`m maxing at ~50 so it goes to ~25).

7 hours ago, Vampyre_by said:

I'm also experiencing a huge FPS drop especially when scrolling the map with any property window opened. And my PC is far away from potato:)
i9-9900K 32Gb RAM 1060 6GB

P.S. Will try to move ONI to NVME drive and check the difference

This will not do ****. CPU limited game is limited by CPU. Also there is some bug in info panels that makes game lag.

I used to have lag when selecting container with insane amount of items, like food with different states.

12 hours ago, guaxinim_ek said:

temos previsão para o lançamento?

Yeah. Half the month is gone. It's could be great to have news about that.

Does the launch is still possible for the end of the month ? Or there's risk to move to august ? ;)

Waiting is loong when the launch date only says "july". :(

4 hours ago, Gwido said:

Does the launch is still possible for the end of the month ? Or there's risk to move to august ? ;)

Waiting is loong when the launch date only says "july". :(

This post made me go way back to the previous page in this thread.

On 7/3/2019 at 1:23 AM, Nightinggale said:

I don't really get why the release date is important for the forum users. If you can't wait, you can switch to the test branch. If you don't want to do that due to bugs, then why are you pushing for that branch to be called release? It's not like calling the branch something else will magically make the issues vanish. Give Klei the time they need to fix the issues.

I still stand by that statement. A stable release is more important than a release on a specific date.

4 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

This post made me go way back to the previous page in this thread.

I still stand by that statement. A stable release is more important than a release on a specific date.

Where do I ask for a "specific date" ? And where do I asked for the current bugged test version to be released as it is ? O_o

It would just be great to have a global information about the planning once arrived in the middle of the "release" month. ;)

Archived