Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

please put heavy images inside spoilers, that one's 21.9 MiB, which is ridiculously large for slow connections such as mine

you can try using webp's combined lossy + lossless compression to minimise the size of an animated image

this one is 4.3 MiB:

Spoiler

wurtanim.webp

• Like 1

Spoiler
32 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

you can try using webp's combined lossy + lossless compression to minimise the size of an animated image

Webp isn't supported on a lot of browsers outside of those running Chromium, which makes sense seeing as Google is developing webp.

But for those who'd like to know what's supported, you can check this link out: https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/faq

Also I feel the need to point out that I did post the Wurt menu animation without the background already...

Spoiler
18 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

dst_menu_wurt_nobg.png.f77eecd7fc04f72c67df12318d53842c.png

8 hours ago, FeagleSnorf said:

Does anyone have the animated Wurt on the menu? (Without the menu lol)

Edited by watermelen671
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Webp isn't supported on a lot of browsers outside of those running Chromium, which makes sense seeing as Google is developing webp.

iirc webp images should display correctly for the latest versions of firefox, edge, and opera too (idk why you'd even use anything else)

and by those running on chromium, i'm sure webp is supported for even non-browsers like electron apps (such as skype and discord), android webview, chromium-embedded apps (such as steam and minecraft's launcher), etc

basically: why are we still using gifs?

Just now, Jessie223 said:

iirc webp images should display correctly for the latest versions of firefox, edge, and opera too (idk why you'd even use anything else)

and by those running on chromium, i'm sure webp is supported for even non-browsers like electron apps (such as skype and discord), android webview, chromium-embedded apps (such as steam and minecraft's launcher), etc

basically: why are we still using gifs?

Because the free version of Spriter supports exporting to GIF, and that's what most people have. I use APNG because the Pro version allows exporting the animation as an image sequence, which is much quicker and easier on my part.

And from what I can see, there's no single program that can create webp images. I'd have to either export it as an image sequence, then use another program like Photoshop to export it to webp if I have the plug-in, or I have to use ezgif, which has an upload limit.

• Like 1

Hello,

Do any of you have a gif of Wortox doing the chicken dance? I checked through all 40 pages but could not find one (unless I scrolled too fast).

Thank you for your time!

EDIT:  Someone sent it to me, thank you!

Edited by Fearling
  • Like 3