Willow Refresh Info and Roadmap Schedule Update

2 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

The biggest disappointment of my entire life. Time to note everything that's wrong.

#1 No fire immunity? Disappointing. Very disappointing.
#2 No infinite lighter? Even more disappointing.

Come on Klei? Don't pretend like you don't know what the community wants. If you're being serious about this just add these 2 little things to the character and don't try to cover it up with tiny, small perks that the community never asked for. <3

infinite lighter would have broken the game you dip

as a extention of my previous post, everything about the rework, in its current state, is just very meh, not strong, not weak, just bad perks and bad downsides, it feels like pre buff winona, bland

I don't see fire immunity being to useful unless you were trying to heat up a thermal by a tree, No more being cold from insanity was well needed imo though.
Edit: The sanity gain/warmth from Bernie might be useful if it has a very high durability and enough sanity gain to outdo the night(Kinda like tam o'shanter), Can other characters hold Bernie as well?

3 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

The biggest disappointment of my entire life. Time to note everything that's wrong.

If this is the biggest disappointment of your entire life, then please let me switch lives with you.

Just now, Minearia said:

I don't see fire immunity being to useful unless you were trying to heat up a thermal by a tree, No more being cold from insanity was well needed imo though

You can use fire immunity in combat and use fire to your advantage

1 minute ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

infinite lighter would have broken the game you dip

this is not true, we already have sources of light so easy to refuel that they may as well be infinite COUGH COUGH lantern COUGH, and the torch is so cheap you can ride off on it until you reach a alchemy, then you can get the lantern, and light is almost never a problem again, willows lighter has a pathetic range to it, so most people would rather stick with the lantern anyway just because of the great light radius it has over the lighter.

9 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Its the trade-in man in disguise x) *dramatic piano sound*

5966c49158b8a_slipstersoapopera.thumb.png.bb41d52e0fde3c64918b0ad757d3a3f0.png

4 minutes ago, Maknov said:

Not gonna lie, I thought that was Waverly!I instantly started thinking "Was Willow a part of some witch society?!"

So Willow being in a plot similar tothe  Susperia remake?5bfe2c4bc698b_Arielthoncdiscord.png.5510791e124c2132fa82ba92b8d32585.png

4 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

lol no, if that would have "broken the game" you need to get better at the game.

actually now that I put thought into it

Yeah it wouldn't affect the game tbh but it probably will be annoying just seeing so many lighters in the ground, but that wouldn't affect gameplay by a lot.

I forgot how small the radius is

• Developer
59 minutes ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

actually now that I put thought into it

Yeah it wouldn't affect the game tbh but it probably will be annoying just seeing so many lighters in the ground, but that wouldn't affect gameplay by a lot.

I forgot how small the radius is

I think your also forgetting, that you wouldn't be crafting that many of them if they never break.

• Drop the niche little weaksauce changes that have to do with how temperature and things affect her HP and sanity. They have almost no impact except for new players and should not be bothered with.
  • Make her immune to fire. This allows her to abuse fire in combat which would be GREAT!
  • Keep the more effective at fueling fires thing, I like that touch.
  • Keep this new buffed Bernie it sounds cool. (also make him attract ruins nightmare creatures as well as normal sanity creatures)
  • Make lighter infinite in Willow's use
  • As a drawback, make her sanity tank and maybe make her get cold if she's not regularly lighting things on fire. She's a pyromaniac she should need to light things on fire. And the challenge here is doing it responsibly so that you don't burn entire forests down.

Something ontop of this all that I feel like should be said. Do not keep her lame because of griefers. The torch still exists. Making her a fire addict does not make her a grief character. A Wilson can burn everything down just the same as a Willow. The reason Willow was a problem before was because she lit fires randomly. We want STRONG fire-based buffs to make her worth while and comparable to Winona and Wortox. Just because she'll be heavily associated to griefers does not make her a problem though. We'll get griefers just the same without her anyways.

Just now, Pop Guy said:

Willow do good in a little things, but doesn't seem to excel at anything ... I hope Bernie can be exploited for a nightmare farm, otherwise Willow will remain a fourth choice character.
Too bad though: it is pyromaniac but its gameplay continues not to revolve around the fire.
Change the nickname in "bear's master" :'D

We already have Maxwell / Woodie for nightmare farming though.

Archived