Leaked poster news!

image.png.b72a58d36063e75c8b20f6cf56ab314c.png

Wickerbottom is apparently missing and it appears to read on the bishop one that "Are Automations Real?" "Secrets your Government Won't Tell You".

My assumption on the automations would be that along with wx, wagstaff had also created the clockworks, and it was his last project that could also have also got sucked into the don't starve worlds.

The new bit from from the letter reads as so (to the best of my ability): 

Anyway, please write back soon. I want to hear all the latest news from Ohio. Don't leave anything out!

XOXO, Charlie

Wow guys! What if Wagstaff was using the portal to steal things from the constant! That's how he made the radio, chess pieces and WX-78.

That could be why Maxwell can use the radio to talk to Wilson. Because it was stolen from the Constant!!!!

I think its weird that they are positing "automations" as something otherworldly. I thought that was gonna be aliens! Is there something to the thread that is connecting Wicker to WX and the automations poster?? What does she know?

26 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

How could whoever's making this poster know about the Abigail flower? We know what it is and does because of Wendy, though no one other than the Carter's (Wendy is Maxwell's niece I believe) should know about it. Is Wendy the person putting everything together? 

Its never been confirmed that Maxwell is Wendy's Uncle!

1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

Its never been confirmed that Maxwell is Wendy's Uncle!

Though it's implied. Winona was never confirmed to be Charlie's sister until the Next of Kin animatic, but we still picked it up.

Now, Wendy's case isn't as obvious but there's currently more for it than against it.

5 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

I think its weird that they are positing "automations" as something otherworldly. I thought that was gonna be aliens! Is there something to the thread that is connecting Wicker to WX and the automations poster?? What does she know?

The link comes from the snippet referring the burnt library and then to WX 

Screenshot_20190315-070145_Twitch.thumb.jpg.5159aab281ab1bd8314330c09ce53ece.jpg

Ok so it is confirmed; we are going to come back to that board every short.

On 8.03.2019 at 8:40 PM, Wilson_pl said:

Maybe we will be returning to this board with pinned pictures every time a new short is released, and we will "look into" a different picture each short. Maybe this person/detective will find out how the survivors got into the constant and will try to contact and/or help the survivors from the outside? Maybe they will find a way to get them out?

Something I should point out about the bishops, In the update poster for when the bishop was first added to the game, it was listed as "The electric gatekeeper" Pugna and Mumsy mention gatekeepers, and since it seems to somehow have been in the real world, this could be some important lore...

2 minutes ago, bubben16 said:

If you don't mind me asking, how exactly does this confirm that we are going back to the board?

Winona had a flashbackback where we can see her family photo on the cork board. I doubt we will see that again. But we could use it as a preview for at least 4 other characters. However it's hard to see the Abigal's flower/Woodie's missing/Voxola factory and WX78/Wicker connection for now. Strange enough we don't see the circus here, maybe everyone really thought William and Maxwell were different humans.

30 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Well, the codex umbra did change his physical appearance quite a bit, and William was reported dead.

It's not that hard to see that William and Maxwell are indeed the same person. At leat his brother should recognize him from the the great Maxwell poster if he would look at it. Also, isn't it natural to look through the belongings of a dead relative? Maybe Klei will give us an insight how the relatives of William (Jack) investigate his disappeareance? 

Archived