Winona's Character Update is Coming Next Week!

On 3/1/2019 at 4:45 PM, Mr. Matt said:

o  h  c   o  o  l  n  i  t  r  e  i  s  c  o  o  l  a  n  d  u  s  e  f  u  l  n  o  w

Actually, nitre was already useful.  Ever hear of a little thing called...summer?  Okay, yeah, the caves, but for those of us who don't turn into Morlocks all season, it's always a good idea to have some nitre and grass on hand _just in case_ you get stuck away from base and start overheating.  Or if you're deliberately going away on a more-than-one-day trip, which I often do.  And, of course, one-time uses of nitre for endothermic firepits.

(And speaking of Don't Starve weather, where I am right now--within hours of when the calendar ticked over to the first day of March, guess what?  RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN. XD  I apparently DO live in the Reign of Giants climate...well, things don't spontaneously catch on fire from_ just_ the heat of the sun, in summer. But they do catch on fire.  A lot.)

Dumb question...is Winona still gonna get her free hit from Charlie?  I know it's not really a big deal, but I've made use of it a few times, when I couldn't quite figure out where in my inventory my torch was in time...

And...(rubs hands together) generator?  Does that mean...(gasp!)  ELECTRICITY is coming to Don't Starve, in canon, in even a small way?  Ooh, new chapter for the Civilization challenge!  :D

...Notorious

I'm really interested about the animated short coming up. I'm also hoping that the shorts for all the other characters will show connections, like:

• Willow- explains why she (assumeably) burnt down the factory
  • Wolfgang- explains what exactly happened at the train accident with Maxwell (Is that correct?)
  • Wendy- explains how Abigail died
  • WX-78- explains how and why he was created
  • Webber- explains how he turned into a monster

I'm going to spitball here but I think there will be several shorts with each update that show the order of how the characters got to the constant.

20 minutes ago, JuanchoXdiaz said:

Please tell me they are also going to release a Trusty Tape skin.

5b1e0743dc137_constructiontapeinconstantruins.thumb.png.eab836caedc74f38009fd2ce85e46fa3.pngLike this~?:wilson_sneaky:

Nothing hypes me more than having more LORE. I have so many questions and don't starve (including together), has so much potential if this game goes along the lore. So here are some things I hope to be clarified in this updates :

1) Background of characters before and during their time in the constant. Who were they, why did they end it up in the constant and do they play a bigger role in the hole story? 

2) The Ancients: we know they were the previous civilization whom use nightmare fuel. Also, I want to know what happened between their king and Queen that lead them into caos and their destruction caused by the nigthmare fuel. Lastly, related to that, Who is the Metheus related to the puzzle?

4) Ancient Gateway: Charlie absorbed some energy from it and through there our protagonist travel to the Forge and the Gorge. Clearly Pugna is related to the constant, but then the Gorge didn't bring up any relation to Charlie or the story in general. Maybe we will see again some characters of those realms by join us or help rescue Charlie from the shadows? Regardless, we might need to tied up some previous events to the hole lore. 

Sorry for my terrible English and thanks Klei for bringing back again the love and the passion to Don't Starve Together. We already feel change in the way you are working. 

I have a theory for the factory fire that I'll try to put together here.

So, Willow's quote for Maxwell's Statue in DS's Adventure Mode has always been interesting to me: "I'm beginning to dislike that man."

This could mean that when she first met Maxwell, she had no reason to dislike him yet.

Now take this Vignette description: "Willow always regarded being brought to The Constant as a new beginning. It allowed her to leave everything behind, after all." Being brought to the Constant seems to have been something that Willow wanted, in a way.

So what I think went down is something like this:

Maxwell wants to get rid of the Voxola Factory for an unknown reason. He finds someone to manipulate into doing it. I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to get Willow to do something like this. But since this is a big factory fire, and the latest in a certainly long rap sheet, Willow can get into a looot of trouble. Being aware of this, Maxwell could have offered her an out. She took the bait and Maxwell got another victim to mess with. And only after realizing this did Willow "begin to dislike him". 

While I like this theory, it does force me to question it.

Winona blames Maxwell for the fire: "Mysterious fires follow you like a plague, [Maxwell]." Blaming Maxwell ultimately for the fire would make sense for this theory, but then why does she not call out Willow, too, in some way? (And how does Winona know that Maxwell was the cause in the first place?)

Also, why would Maxwell need someone to start a fire? Is his ability to interact with the real world that limited?

Also also, why would he want to burn down the factory anyway? The prevailing theory is that Maxwell manipulated Wagstaff into producing the radios so that he can reach more victims (such as Wilson in Forbidden Knowledge). If that's so, wouldn't he want production to continue?

5 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

Also also, why would he want to burn down the factory anyway? The prevailing theory is that Maxwell manipulated Wagstaff into producing the radios so that he can reach more victims (such as Wilson in Forbidden Knowledge). If that's so, wouldn't he want production to continue?

didn't the shadows have some influence on Max while he was on the throne? what if he had broken free of it for long enough to stop the radios production line to quell the plague?

10 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

didn't the shadows have some influence on Max while he was on the throne? what if he had broken free of it for long enough to stop the radios production line to quell the plague?

Ooh, I always forget about the influence of "them", probably because we don't really know what "their" motives are either. So many mysteries!

On 3/2/2019 at 6:31 AM, Don Franco said:

Please do not end Wolfgang's strength. When he receives the rework.

The only changes I could see him having is having even more downsides

Edit: or probably a new function thrown in to make it look like it's not a nerf

56 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i really just want singleplayer friendly DST because none of my other friends play it

and randos are never good enough please it doesn't have to be soon like maybe after all the character reworks

dude add me on steam, otherwise i am almost forever alonetm

6 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Dumb question...is Winona still gonna get her free hit from Charlie?  I know it's not really a big deal, but I've made use of it a few times, when I couldn't quite figure out where in my inventory my torch was in time...

...Notorious

I think her current perks will remain (it sounded like that in one post that the devs made).

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

dude add me on steam, otherwise i am almost forever alonetm

i can but i need to sleep rn but i will contact tomorrow

1 hour ago, Captain_Rage said:

I think her current perks will remain (it sounded like that in one post that the devs made).

Joe said that they think the duck tape will be used for crafting the new machines so i think they will keep it

3 hours ago, ModsterMash said:

Winona blames Maxwell for the fire: "Mysterious fires follow you like a plague, [Maxwell]." Blaming Maxwell ultimately for the fire would make sense for this theory, but then why does she not call out Willow, too, in some way? (And how does Winona know that Maxwell was the cause in the first place?)

Winona probably didn't even know that Willow started fire (if she actually did). Winona knows Maxwell very well, and it seems not only because he was in relationship with her sister. It seems he was connected to Voxola factory too, because she asumes that he was a cause of fire. So she probably read his intentions.

9 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

propably not...

rather a shed/factory because wtf would you have the flame thingie in your cabin?

Because she loves tinkering and she's a mechanic, so she probably has a couple of tools lying around (a blowtorch included)? I would have a whole toolbox if I was a mechanic.

The room she's in is probably her workshop in her cabin.

Archived