Printing Pod "care packages" list

Hiya,

I've made a list of possible items that the Printing Pod can spit, with changes and cycle requirements from the latest patch. They're ordered in a elements - food/plants - living things order.

From cycle 1:
- Sandstone (1t)
- Dirt (500kg)
- Algae (500kg)
- Oxylite (100kg)
- Water (2t)
- Sand (3t)
- Coal (3t)
- Fertilizer (3t)

- Bluff Briar Seed (3)
- Jumping Joya Seed (3)
- Mirth Leaf Seed (3)
- Dusk Cap Seed (1)
- Bristle Blossom Seed (1)
- Field Ration (5)
- Muckroot (6)

- Shine Nymph (1)
- Hatchling (1)
- Puftlet (1)

- Shine Nymph Egg (3)
- Hatchling Egg (3)
- Puftlet Egg (3)

- Vitamin Chews (3)
- Snazzy Suit (1)

From cycle 6:
- Cooked Egg (3)

From cycle 12:
- Ice (4t)
- Copper Ore (2t) (requires discovery)
- Gold Amalgam (2t) (requires discovery)

- Bristle Berry (3)

- Slickster Larva Egg (3)

From cycle 24:
- Refined Copper (400kg) (requires discovery)
- Refined Iron (400kg) (requires discovery)

- Wheezewort Seed (1)
- Fried Mushroom (3)

- Drecklet (1)
- Pacu (8)

- Vole Pup Egg (3)
- Drecklet Egg (3)

From cycle 48:
- Lime (150kg) (requires discovery)
- Plastic (500kg) (requires discovery)
- Glass (200kg) (requires discovery)
- Steel (100kg) (requires discovery)

- BBQ (3)

- Voie Pup (1)
- Slickster Larva (1)

Welp, either I did copy that in 4 minutes and changed it or I wasted more of my time because I had the old config first...

Seriously, that's obviously what I wanted since the other topic had no list in the OP when obviously it was needed to discuss it, heck, I did not see anyone guess that there was already a cycle requirement.

by the by, the discovery requirement for copper is silly and I do not condemn the devs to waste precious bytes! More importantly though, I would have loved Wolframite...

Thanks for posting.  I don't see any issues with anything on that list.  Everything seems reasonable at the level it's available and I especially like that it allows critters to be brought back from extinction.  I would like to see a way to get more wolframite, unless the intention is to limit thermium access.

2 hours ago, Cairath said:

At first I disliked the feature a lot, but now with those balance changes it's quite cool - I'm mostly happy about decor plants seeds, finally something to grab when I don't want dupes/rng fails me :p

Yeah, I'm liking it too. It's turning out well so far. Cycle 27 at the moment and I've grabbed 4 dupes, a set of Slickster eggs, 4t of ice, algae and sand. I've only completely skipped everything once. 3 terrible dupes and a fungal spore which I never use. 

I especially like the balancing pass on the amounts of stuff you get. 500kg of lime was just way too much. :D

the only early stuff that looks useful is the coal and water if you are short.

The late game stuff I do not get.  If I have discovered plastic (which I assume means I have made some), what on earth would I need 500kg printed for? or glass?  Just seems like these will be mostly ignored.  The shine bug eggs make sense since it is easy to have them all die due to their pathing taking them up to a place to die.

On 2.2.2019 at 3:08 PM, chemie said:

what on earth would I need 500kg printed for? or glass? 

For plastic it´s still 1,6 cycles of continuous operation of a single polymer press. So most of the time a "early" polymer press will not run full time, so it´s even better.

But the later the 500kg plastic are offered the less valuable it gets.

For me jumping joya seeds is still the "jackpot" ;)

(Closely followed by gold amalgam.)

45 minutes ago, chemie said:

(which I assume means I have made some)

well, some points of interest contain advanced materials...though some many may be of my making~ (pretty sure though that there is one Plastic Bed at least and Steel can be found in the Gravitas facility)

In any event: Everything is still better than skipping and it is worth mentioning that some stuff is quite cool, literary (Water is 9°C, Coal, Oxylite and Sand below 0).

on a side note, I am sure not one who can instantly produce anything, without cost. Especially glass and plastic I may only make periodically if I have yet to assign constant cooling to the production. Especially Steel is hot. Yeah, ONI is easy/difficult to lose and it is up to you to make it more challenging. 

27 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

pretty sure though that there is one Plastic Bed

The comfy bed in the ruins is actually made out of obsidian since a few patches. I guess plastic at cycle 48 is doable but still feels like getting 500kg all of a sudden is quite a lot. Anyway you mostly want it for high pressure vants at that time right?

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

The comfy bed in the ruins is actually made out of obsidian since a few patches. I guess plastic at cycle 48 is doable but still feels like getting 500kg all of a sudden is quite a lot. Anyway you mostly want it for high pressure vants at that time right?

That's my point.  Initially you want it for HP vents (about 200 kg say) but by the time you made that, then who needs 500kg vs 20t from the press.

3 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

So most of the time a "early" polymer press will not run full time, so it´s even better.

This has been discussed in other threads.  Pretty easy to run 100% of the time by having press sit in its own water and it stays below 100C as long as petroleum is not being heated after the refinery 

I want to hear your thoughts around 1000kg of Sandstone.

It seems a bit useless since even Coal is dropped in a larger amount from the printing pod. What is its use that I'm missing?

I also am a bit disapointed by 100kg of Steel. The amount is insignificant, it doesn't make any difference having that 100kg or not...

I want to hear from others more experienced.... I'm still a noob.

48 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

I want to hear your thoughts around 1000kg of Sandstone.

It seems a bit useless since even Coal is dropped in a larger amount from the printing pod. What is its use that I'm missing?

I also am a bit disapointed by 100kg of Steel. The amount is insignificant, it doesn't make any difference having that 100kg or not...

I want to hear from others more experienced.... I'm still a noob.

Like any loot box, there needs to be useless items?

I mean, I would guess they just through some things in there without much thought (because sandstone has no value what so ever)

Exactly.

Everyone was worried about the over powered packages but nobody seemed to care much about the annoying gifts that are equivalent to no printing.

I spent the weekend playing and the offers of 1000kg of sandstone were useless and annoying. I wouldn't mind if it was rather 3000kg because hey, you can at least build a bunch of blocks out of that.

So how do you think about the availability of copper ore / gold amalgam / bleachstone ?

I don´t like that the only thing making a "resource" renewable is the printing pod.

But on the other side I would love to have a way to get some additional chlorine (/ bleachstone).

(But I would prefer that these resources would be added to a space destination, instead of just being available through a random printing pod feature.)

I don´t mind seeing a "useless" resource in the selection, it shouldn´t be like there is always something to print.

(But everything should be useful at some point in time. Even 1000kg sandstone cycle 3 could be worth it.)

3 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:
7 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

But on the other side I would love to have a way to get some additional bleachstone.

Pufts do that.

Ok, I made it more clear in my last post:

I want a way to get chlorine and bleachstone would just be a way to add it to the care package list ;)

For me bleachstone is just a portable version of chlorine and I got no use for bleachstone itself.

=> Pufts are just a way to produce renewable bleachstone if there food is renewable and there´s the problem.

57 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

So how do you think about the availability of copper ore / bleachstone ?

Man, I still suck in the game. I want any loot coming from any source at any time... lol

I honestly have no idea how to use chlorine/bleachstone beyond killing some germs in liquid reservoirs.

39 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Man, I still suck in the game. I want any loot coming from any source at any time... lol

I honestly have no idea how to use chlorine/bleachstone beyond killing some germs in liquid reservoirs.

There are 2 critters that consume chlorine. But I'll let you discover those :D

20 hours ago, Junksteel said:

For me it´s about having a way to recover from any failure made.

All my pacus(/*insert other critter*) got extinct ?

- No problem you have chance to print to get a new critter.

Selected all seeds of a type to compost ?

- No problem you can get a new seed.

You dug into all the chlorine pockets and maybe vented some into outer space ?

- Huge problem because you have no chance to recover from this mistake.

Right now (live version) without the right geyer the only none renewable resources (without the theoretical renewable ones like tungsten...) are:

- Copper ore (Just using a care package if your playing the testing branch.)

- Gold amalgam (Just using a care package if your playing the testing branch.)

- Wolframite

- Chlorine / Bleachstone (If your able to produce one of them you can convert it into the other one by off-gasing or squeaky pufts.)

So for the first two can just be depleted by refining, which is less problematic and easy to avoid.

But it´s easy to loose your available chlorine, so the less experienced you are the higher the risk.

(I can confirm some mass loss for small amounts of chlorine vented into my sealed base after >500cycles, so even without space exposure you can loose some chlorine. Debug tool confirmed^^)

Archived