Do We Get Verdant Chests this year?

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I got year of the varg items last time. I'm sure we'll need to send bug reports about this.

I already did it as shown in the topic mentioned above, and the answer was that the chests should not come anyway, that was the plan, about Skins coming alone, consoles only received common, I asked many players .... I created this topic in the bug area, but it was closed

So getting all commons without the curio chest drops is 20 spools a week, man that's pathetic, not even enough for a single classy.(Or w/e is one tier above common)

As I said previously I am just hoping I can put my bottle return money aside to be able to get a few skins I want. (I get $10 on average from bottle returns so...)

4 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

So getting all commons without the curio chest drops is 20 spools a week, man that's pathetic, not even enough for a single classy.(Or w/e is one tier above common)

As I said previously I am just hoping I can put my bottle return money aside to be able to get a few skins I want. (I get $10 on average from bottle returns so...)

In consoles we depend only on the weekly drops, since we do not have the option to buy, honestly we do not know what to do :wilson_confused:

Just to be clear up the confusion. The reason you see a chest on the stream was because it was an old unopened chest from another event. We extended Winters feast that included chests well past it's original end date and don't have plans for a chest during this spring event. 

We should have communicated this earlier. I am sorry about that.

1 minute ago, JoeW said:

Just to be clear up the confusion. The reason you see a chest on the stream was because it was an old unopened chest from another event. We extended Winters feast that included chests well past it's original end date and don't have plans for a chest during this spring event. 

We should have communicated this earlier. I am sorry about that.

And what will we do on consoles without reels?

Through out the comments on forums, many us are dependent on the spools to get the event items. Having the classic curio or verdant chests taken away for the spring event makes it even more difficult to obtain the amount of spools needed.  Even more so for the console players who do not have the option to buy event items.   

So my questions are:

Is there any chance on returning the classic or verdant chests before the end of the spring event?

Is the even a chance for console players to buy the spring event items before it ends?

Has there been any thought to placing downloadable codes on the Klei store so console players could buy the event items or spools?  The code could be sent the purchaser’s email. 

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

[snip]

I don't get the reasoning here, Verdant chests worked just fine last year. Plus, as many have stated, the lack of Verdant chests makes it practically impossible to get some of the new skins. Due to a lack of spools, and of course a lack of the items dropping in the first place, it seems that the only way to get the items is... via the store. 

And while a lot of players buy the skins because they are collectors and want to get them all before the event ends, some of us don't want to spend a lot on skins, and rely on the chest drops to get a few skins they really want.

P.S. I opened my verdant chest when the event started this year, hoping for new items and I really am regretting it because it was my only verdant chest and now I can't get another and now I'm scared plz send help

Hey everybody. 

We have discussed this and we agree with you. We have been cranking away at things to prepare for everything we announced recently and didn't put proper consideration into this. @PeterA has setup the chests to begin dropping tomorrow afternoon. We will also keep these chests on an extra week to make up for lost time. 

Our apologies. Thanks for calling us out on this so we could get it fixed up for you. 

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. 

We have discussed this and we agree with you. We have been cranking away at things to prepare for everything we announced recently and didn't put proper consideration into this. @PeterA has setup the chests to begin dropping tomorrow afternoon. We will also keep these chests on an extra week to make up for lost time. 

Our apologies. Thanks for calling us out on this so we could get it fixed up for you. 

thank you so much @JoeW, do not know how that makes the difference for us playing on the console

17 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

thank you so much @JoeW, do not know how that makes the difference for us playing on the console

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH KLEI! I'm so glad you took into consideration our problem and that you fixed it! Thank you :D

1 hour ago, Master Jand said:

I don't get the reasoning here, Verdant chests worked just fine last year. Plus, as many have stated, the lack of Verdant chests makes it practically impossible to get some of the new skins. Due to a lack of spools, and of course a lack of the items dropping in the first place, it seems that the only way to get the items is... via the store. 

And while a lot of players buy the skins because they are collectors and want to get them all before the event ends, some of us don't want to spend a lot on skins, and rely on the chest drops to get a few skins they really want.

P.S. I opened my verdant chest when the event started this year, hoping for new items and I really am regretting it because it was my only verdant chest and now I can't get another and now I'm scared plz send help

They fixed it! there will be chest tommorow!

Just now, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. 

Thx!
just verdant chests right? (just for be sure)

jesus everyone across every game now is so obsessed with loot chests and skins. snap out of it. dont you see that IS a form of addiction? 

they're not owed to you, the skins are made to support the game. you dont HAVE to have them if u cant get them, you wont die. we had been playing dst for ages before there were any skins 

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. 

Thanks Joe, can't wait to get some icons and those rare player portraits

Archived