Do We Get Verdant Chests this year?

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. 

We have discussed this and we agree with you. We have been cranking away at things to prepare for everything we announced recently and didn't put proper consideration into this. @PeterA has setup the chests to begin dropping tomorrow afternoon. We will also keep these chests on an extra week to make up for lost time. 

Our apologies. Thanks for calling us out on this so we could get it fixed up for you. 

Thank u so much!!!

6 minutes ago, darkhero said:

hey guys...

anybody know the reason why forge items can be crafted by spools, but not gorge ?

is it because of my account? that i didnt play gorge (i had not access to game) ?

The portraits, profile icons & vignettes of Gorge can be weaved only during the event.

1 hour ago, darkhero said:

hey guys...

anybody know the reason why forge items can be crafted by spools, but not gorge ?

is it because of my account? that i didnt play gorge (i had not access to game) ?

Tapirus said the Gorge part.

Forge items were weavable because Forge ended right before Winter's feast started and devs said : hey let 'em be able to make more forge skins for longer time

36 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Doesn’t that mean that there has to be an update to get the chest model into the game? I’m not to sure what tomorrow evening for klei is but I don’t want to waste my precious chests!

Chests already drop. The game itself don't have to be updated just to change the drops, since the gifts we get is determined by Klei's servers, only those have to be updated/changed.

Just now, fimmatek said:

Chests already drop. The game itself don't have to be updated just to change the drops, since the gifts we get is determined by Klei's servers, only those have to be updated/changed.

Oh that’s great , I’m always a bit suspicious about this stuff since I play on PlayStation.

1 minute ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Oh that’s great , I’m always a bit suspicious about this stuff since I play on PlayStation.

Well, I'm not sure about PS4, because I play on PC, but there they drop and honestly I don't see any reason why would it be different for the consoles. I hope I'm right.

• Developer

No update required. As @fimmatek pointed out, the drops are determined by our servers that we can update without changing the game client. Usually we update both at the same time when new stuff is showing up. A user on twitter pointed out that the description in The Treasury is out of date and incorrect though. That'll need a game update to change, but the newly dropped boxes will contain this year's and last year's items.

Here’s an inmportamt, semi-on-topic note for all of you who’ve been hoarding chests to try and get some new goodies. I’m sorry to say that the contents of the chests are actually generated when you get them, not when you open them. So, unfortunately, they won’t have anything new in them. 

Still, you managed to keep hold of them for a whole year. That’s a pretty big amount of self control there!

17 hours ago, Ohan said:

jesus everyone across every game now is so obsessed with loot chests and skins. snap out of it. dont you see that IS a form of addiction? 

they're not owed to you, the skins are made to support the game. you dont HAVE to have them if u cant get them, you wont die. we had been playing dst for ages before there were any skins 

With the 4 new DLC characters on the horizon the people who can't purchase them will have to resort to weaving, good luck doing that with nothing but 4 commons per week.

Events and chests help mitigate this grind by offering a higher amount of spools per-week for a limited time. 

56 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

With the 4 new DLC characters on the horizon the people who can't purchase them will have to resort to weaving, good luck doing that with nothing but 4 commons per week.

Events and chests help mitigate this grind by offering a higher amount of spools per-week for a limited time. 

You're right, but I feel that Ohan made the post trying to say: "There's no reason for freak out or start a little chaos because the devs don't put chests in a event (who started 5 days ago) for now, independently of why this happened."

JoeW and PeterA said they've been busy with the new (future) content, so, the situation is understandable.

4 hours ago, PeterA said:

No update required. As @fimmatek pointed out, the drops are determined by our servers that we can update without changing the game client. Usually we update both at the same time when new stuff is showing up. A user on twitter pointed out that the description in The Treasury is out of date and incorrect though. That'll need a game update to change, but the newly dropped boxes will contain this year's and last year's items.

Emmm...Just ask, how about the lost in trade inn? Does this affect the drops in trade inn?

On 1/30/2019 at 5:16 PM, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. 

We have discussed this and we agree with you. We have been cranking away at things to prepare for everything we announced recently and didn't put proper consideration into this. @PeterA has setup the chests to begin dropping tomorrow afternoon. We will also keep these chests on an extra week to make up for lost time. 

Our apologies. Thanks for calling us out on this so we could get it fixed up for you. 

I'm on steam, updated the game and still I got single items.... is this random chests drops?

1 hour ago, ItsPirrrip said:

I'm on steam, updated the game and still I got single items.... is this random chests drops?

You can get single items if their rarity is higher than common and classy iirc, if below you get a chest. 

3 minutes ago, ItsPirrrip said:

... any rare event items drops after the event ended but the chances are slimmer. During the event, you just get higher chances.

I mean if you got it its nice, but im pretty sure some skins can only be obtain during specific events. They dont stick all year round :/.

But then again im not the skin dealer at klei so i wouldnt know :') grats on your sking though

5 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Out of the drops this week, I got 3 spring chests and some pumps.

Dont care about the pumps, but I got some fairly good drops from the chests! Some wigfrid verdant pieces(unraveled since I have em already) a romantic birdcage and WX's verdant feet.

romantic birdcage?
wait

why we can't weave it?

Archived