Woodlegs, the lily pond pirate

Hx380

So i recently started a Hamlet game as Woodlegs and i noticed that He's unable to craft his own boat. 

I know his "sea legs" is supposed to be used on the ocean and doesn't really fit to be used in a pond, but it's the only good trait he has for Hamlet so please Klei make it craftable or atleast give him some kind of a weaker "pond legs".

Woodlegs_(DSS).png

1 minute ago, Hx380 said:

So i recently started a Hamlet game as Woodlegs and i noticed that He's unable to craft his own boat. 

I know his "sea legs" is supposed to be used on the ocean and doesn't really fit to be used in a pond, but it's the only good trait he has for Hamlet so please Klei make it craftable or atleast give him some kind of a weaker "pond legs".

Woodlegs_(DSS).png

it's a current bug.

same goes with old bell...

Just now, Philsam said:

Woodlegs is a useless character in DS, RoG, Hamlet, but he's powerful in SW :D

sadly, thats what all (except RoG characters and warly) dlc characters is: useless outside of their dlc's, or nearly useless, most of their abbillities dont help. (walani: useless. Wilbur: only running fast, no monkeys. woodlegs: useless. wilba: useless. warbucks: useless.)

2 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

sadly, thats what all (except RoG characters and warly) dlc characters is: useless outside of their dlc's, or nearly useless, most of their abbillities dont help. (walani: useless. Wilbur: only running fast, no monkeys. woodlegs: useless. wilba: useless. warbucks: useless.)

Even in SW, Walani was a little useless, its ability to dry faster is not very useful, just a fire to dry faster or to wear waterproof clothes, the board is good for the beginning, but is then quickly replaced by the boat that requires the machine scientist 

Just now, Philsam said:

Even in SW, Walani was a little useless, its ability to dry faster is not very useful, just a fire to dry faster or to wear waterproof clothes, the board is good for the beginning, but is then quickly replaced by the boat that requires the machine scientist 

she's just even more useless in RoG, but slightly more useful in hamlet than RoG

uselessness ranking for walani

from most useful to most uselss

1. shipwrecked
  2. Hamlet
  3. RoG
  4. vanilla

23 minutes ago, Philsam said:

Woodlegs is a useless character in DS, RoG, Hamlet :D

Not sure if it works in Hamlet, but I'm pretty sure he allows certain materials, such as Thulecite, to become renewable due to his Lucky Hat.

His only real downside is his low, constant draining sanity on land which makes for a hard early-game, but it is pretty easily countered by the Tam o' Shanter once you obtain it. For the end-game, that's a pretty big plus if you ask me.

26 minutes ago, Philsam said:

He would be usefull during the Aporkalypse because he could easly deal with anyone while standing on his glorious boat

2 minutes ago, Roosev said:

Not sure if it works in Hamlet, but I'm pretty sure he allows certain materials, such as Thulecite, to become renewable due to his Lucky Hat.

His only real downside is his low, constant draining sanity on land which makes for a hard early-game, but it is pretty easily countered by the Tam o' Shanter once you obtain it. For the end-game, that's a pretty big plus if you ask me.

His sanity isn't even a problem since the pond has a lot of lilys

25 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

she's just even more useless in RoG, but slightly more useful in hamlet than RoG

uselessness ranking for walani

from most useful to most uselss

1. shipwrecked
  2. Hamlet
  3. RoG
  4. vanilla

How can it be more useless to SW than to Hamlet?

I really like Walani in SW. The secret to taking advantage of her is to make dozens of surf boards and leave them all over the map. It definitely beats having to fetch and repair the same boat, and island hopping takes a lot less time so basing over several islands is easy. You save the boats for actual fights at sea and long trips, so there’s less grinding of boat repair kits.

Ok but

Pondlegs

147YEJW.png

You build eet with 1 fabric (for the sail I guess), 5 boards and a cork and a few platapine quills maybe???

I mean, cannonballs would be hella unpractical on Hamlet, so, instead of shooting it just... does some damage to the adversary when they attack it instead? I mean, you still get the damage but the enemy gets prickled too, kinda like how a cactus works in RoG.

I'm the master of unpractical ideas

2 hours ago, Frigfrid said:

Ok but

Pondlegs

147YEJW.png

You build eet with 1 fabric (for the sail I guess), 5 boards and a cork and a few platapine quills maybe???

I mean, cannonballs would be hella unpractical on Hamlet, so, instead of shooting it just... does some damage to the adversary when they attack it instead? I mean, you still get the damage but the enemy gets prickled too, kinda like how a cactus works in RoG.

If you drew this I can now claim you to be our savior. Or mine at least. This is an amazing concept that I love to death. Please do finish the drawing if it's by chance yours, I'd love to see it finished one day. 

1 hour ago, Frigfrid said:

Ok but

Pondlegs

147YEJW.png

Both the picture and the idea is glorious. 

Did you draw this? 

16 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

same goes with old bell...

I made an old bell in RoG, I brought it into Hamlet...I then decided to try ringing it inside the palace for a lark to see what would happen.

...Big Foot came inside the palace, totally caught me off guard and 1-shot me.

Also, when is Pondlegs going to become a thing @KrisRF? Please tell me you're going to make it a thing. :wilson_smile:

17 hours ago, Philsam said:

ehmmm ... I'm sorry ... BUT Woodlegs with a tam is pretty much set... and he is certainly pretty useful on land... I hope klei would make a conversion from doubloons to oincs and viceversa in the monetary exchange shop...obvs he works on the premise you synchronize worlds

16 hours ago, metallichydra said:

Wilbur: only running fast, no monkeys.

"only running fast" ... tbh speed is the most OP trait u can ever have in hamlet... being fast gives u tons of advantages (killing bandits, running from army bettles, rushing to the calendar area, etc ---- "just speed" is everything... ask broken WX in hamlet.. LOL

16 hours ago, metallichydra said:

wilba: useless. warbucks: useless.)

wilba is not that useful late game.. but early game is pretty sweet getting all the crops and free goodies

warbucks is the most useful in hamlet IMO. getting more out the explorer items and the sanity boost is borderline OP xD

15 hours ago, Frigfrid said:

Ok but

Pondlegs

147YEJW.png

Just chiming in to compliment you on the drawing and the idea!  

8 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

ehmmm ... I'm sorry ... BUT Woodlegs with a tam is pretty much set... and he is certainly pretty useful on land... I hope klei would make a conversion from doubloons to oincs and viceversa in the monetary exchange shop...obvs he works on the premise you synchronize worlds

What is useful on land ?

Archived