Placing tiles in rows misses tiles

5 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Mine skips way more when I hold shift and draw a line (though I learned something new, as this forces the build to follow a line no matter how curved your actual mouse drawing skills are). Thanks for the find. Now if only it wouldn't leave out half the tiles.....

Here's a picture of what happens when I draw rows.  The top 3 lines occurred by holding the mouse down and moving the screen (using "a" or "d").  The bottom 4 rows happened when I held down shift and then dragged the mouse (at various speeds). 

5c1488a04dc5f_Screenshotfrom2018-12-1421-49-57.thumb.png.31d9f043cfa35099958f7f1c9ec4a7e5.png

It's not a game breaker, but definitely annoying. 

Wow so many missing, you draw turbomode - quick?
I did similar test (top 3 wsad) - rest shift and have to draw very quick (quicker then usual, to reproduce, but i am old, slow is normal mode, turbomode got nerfed with bad resolution.
It's different with different tiles and depending how quick i draw the line.
While watching and drawing the line, game makes a microstutter, like when you deconstruct pipes in pipe overlay and then - empty space.
image.thumb.png.45a5b9dfba2cce72b57638669634f527.png

4 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Wow so many missing, you draw turbomode - quick?

This drawing was done around cycle 100, with the game paused. I encounter similar issues on cycle 1.

9 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

Before QoL, I had this issue frequently when making horizontal rows of doors for my solar area.  Moving slower or zooming in, which forces it to move slower, seemed to help then and still does now. 

Same. I had problems when trying to spam decor rapidly (but only sometimes).  Now it's guaranteed, from cycle 1, when trying to build the floor. 

8 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

Curious if you're running on a lower end system?

Not sure if I'd call this lower, but not upper end either: quad core i57300 @ 2.6ghz, 8GB RAM, 250 SSD.  (way less ram than 32GB, so maybe that's the issue)

5 hours ago, ruhrohraggy said:

I've found my performance has gone way up since QoL.

I agree completely. The game in general seems to run way more smoothly.  I don't seem to lag anywhere near as much. 

9 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

I'm betting they tweaked something that effects how often it tries to place tiles or buildings.  They may have changed something that added a few millisecs to the check before placing a building, to the point that it can't keep up when placing many buildings very quickly.

Precisely.  Luckily @Ipsquiggle put a "thanks" on the post I added to the most recent update, so I know that Klei's seen this. If anyone else out there has similar issues, pictures included, please add em. Hopefully they can track this down.  

The tiles seem to miss less in pause mode, but still no where near as badly when the game is out of pause.

I'm seeing a lot more ghost wires and pipes appearing during construction lately too.  It used to predominantly pipes that ghosted, but lately more wires are having this issue too.

Archived