[Game Update] - 299241

2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

When we are talking about QoL:

dumb.thumb.png.c6c8ed140923bbc8d44eed7a356397fa.png

I got 3 electrical engineers and I want my dupes to prioritize tunning up my generators

=> All 3 will prefer to run the manual generator instead of applying the tune up buff

And having ("manual generator count" + 1) duplicant prioritizing operate seems silly.

Lower the % of battery when your dupes will hop on the manual generators.  If there are no batteries, then dupes will _always_ hop on the generators because its considered a life support issue.

2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

When we are talking about QoL:

dumb.thumb.png.c6c8ed140923bbc8d44eed7a356397fa.png

I got 3 electrical engineers and I want my dupes to prioritize tunning up my generators

=> All 3 will prefer to run the manual generator instead of applying the tune up buff

And having ("manual generator count" + 1) duplicant prioritizing operate seems silly.

I've seen this discussed before, can't find it now though, think it went something like; the priority 8 on the power control system is for supply of materials/creation of chips... there isn't a priority setting on those hydrogen generators to apply the buff so i think the assumption is that that task is the default 5? (unless they get damaged and you can assign a value to the generator for the repair job, but then it's got a priority value set for all the tasks on the building???  ooo maybe it was a suggestion not a discussion... )

Edited by LeftyRighty

53 minutes ago, LeftyRighty said:

I've seen this discussed before, can't find it now though, think it went something like; the priority 8 on the power control system is for supply of materials/creation of chips... there isn't a priority setting on those hydrogen generators to apply the buff so i think the assumption is that that task is the default 5? (unless they get damaged and you can assign a value to the generator for the repair job, but then it's got a priority value set for all the tasks on the building???  ooo maybe it was a suggestion not a discussion... )

actually it's just the hidden priority system of different jobs of the same category, so powering manual generator always > tune-ups. The other more common issue is sweep and mop always > repair. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bountygiver said:

actually it's just the hidden priority system of different jobs of the same category, so powering manual generator always > tune-ups. The other more common issue is sweep and mop always > repair. 

maybe we should configure all work priority individually?

Bugs encountering on this preview:

- Oxylite doesnt get grouped and lays on the ground with 10.2kg packages. Sweep command doesnt work for some "packages", i need to manually select it and click the sweep button 
- Dupes with Jetpacks wont exit a rocket, even with a gantry they just reenter the rocket instantly
- output pipe for metal refinery, which worked for thousands of cycles, gets blocked constantly (made a workaround but still kinda strange)
- Shove vole doesnt move an inch (navigation looks correct) and lags at "expelling waste"
- not sure if intended but the message "Unrefrigated food" opens the food tab
- it appears that sometimes regolith tiles, especially at the edge of the map and on a rocket engine get digged out forever without any success (like snow tiles some time ago)
- Door settings for dupes returning from space are resetted and need to be reconfigured (very very annoying and sometimes deadly)
- Sometimes debris falls through tiles or gets stuck in tiles 
- if liquid tanks are set on an amount below 900kg, clicking on it periodically ejects it
- rocket oxydizer tanks are filled but rocket is in space
- copying door settings causes the game to crash

Nice to have:

- Rotation of Reservoirs
- Rotation of metal refinery

Random comment:

- new paintings look superb!!!

Edited by hpongledd

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Rottable foods inside buildings no longer have a blank bullet under them

SHOOTING BLANKS!!

6 hours ago, Cairath said:

Majestic <3333 Best update ever 

9cb6cb81b9.png

...sammit.

That means I have more work to do... :wilson_cry:

Sculptures and Canvases can now be flipped

Now...when can we flip the rest of the buildings? I need my true symmetry.

• Fix a crash if a building which had previously been built off the map finishes construction
  • Buildings in invalid locations can no longer be constructed

nazare.jpg

• Haha 1

My dupes are not finishing their showers now? I see them going up to 80-90% progress, then jumping out of the shower to go eat. They do not get the showered buff or lose grimy.

They currently have a two-block bath time followed by a two-block break time. I will be adding a break-block to see if they're worried about finishing eating, but I'd think that should be plenty of time? There is always an open shower and toilet, so the problem isn't them having to wait.

They should really prioritize finishing the shower, regardless. 

5 minutes ago, SirionX said:

My dupes are not finishing their showers now? I see them going up to 80-90% progress, then jumping out of the shower to go eat. They do not get the showered buff or lose grimy.

They currently have a two-block bath time followed by a two-block break time. I will be adding a break-block to see if they're worried about finishing eating, but I'd think that should be plenty of time? There is always an open shower and toilet, so the problem isn't them having to wait.

They should really prioritize finishing the shower, regardless. 

Sorry if it sounds stupid but did you see if the pipes are not going straight through the exit? It took me 50 cycles to find out why they did not take a full shower and I noticed that the pipes passing through the exit ended up "blocking" and they did not finish the shower. If so, make the separate exit from each by connecting in a main pipe.

(sry my english)

Edited by chiclete7228

5 minutes ago, chiclete7228 said:

Sorry if it sounds stupid but did you see if the pipes are not going straight through the exit? It took me 50 cycles to find out why they did not take a full shower and I noticed that the pipes passing through the exit ended up "blocking" and they did not finish the shower. If so, make the separate exit from each by connecting in a main.

(sry my english)

I think they fixed that issue by allowing a certain amount of storage in the shower. I watched a couple of showers on my adjusted schedule (all break, no bathtime), and very rarely would a full packet be in the loop. Not enough to back up the 3 sections independent output (see picture, I run output piping to ceiling above before merging). I don't remember seeing a 'blocked pipe' flash either.

I should probably add a bridge to allow priority to be safe in the long run, but I don't think that's the issue so far.

bathroom piping.jpg

22 minutes ago, SirionX said:

I think they fixed that issue by allowing a certain amount of storage in the shower. I watched a couple of showers on my adjusted schedule (all break, no bathtime), and very rarely would a full packet be in the loop. Not enough to back up the 3 sections independent output (see picture, I run output piping to ceiling above before merging). I don't remember seeing a 'blocked pipe' flash either.

I should probably add a bridge to allow priority to be safe in the long run, but I don't think that's the issue so far.

bathroom piping.jpg

awh
When you solve this problem, please advise here!

Can a dupe make one of those morb statues before seeing a morb?  Though I don’t think they’ve seen a mermaid or unicorn either. 

Anyway perhaps some of that should be event based. Like not seeing rocket research on the research tree till you break the surface. 

Edited by 0xFADE
Autocorrect morb to more several times
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I like the unicorn sculpture, but why is it the one with the least decor of all marble sculpture designs ?

(For the metal "morb" sculpture it seems right that all other critters give a better decor bonus)

5 hours ago, chiclete7228 said:

awh
When you solve this problem, please advise here!

I saw some weird stuff the cycle I messed with schedules (including dupes getting the showered buff despite barely being in the shower for a second). It looks like the issue is with other requirements getting priority, particularly Bedtime. 

If a dupe is in the shower and their bedtime comes up, they cancel the shower and go to bed. I also saw this behavior if they were showering during breaktime and hadn't eaten with bedtime coming up soon. To be more clear: if they were in the shower, and only had 1 block of break time before bedtime, they would cancel the shower to go eat and then go to bed.

Not sure if this is intended behavior. Personally, I would prefer that dupes don't shower if they don't have time to complete the shower (perhaps this logic was cut out in order to lower the requirements). Alternatively, an option to "flex" dupes schedules by 1 block would be great (check a box to let them finish up a task if it will mess up their schedule by less than 1 block). 

Current workaround: My schedule has 3 Downtime blocks, 2 bedtime blocks, 1 bathroom block. 

Result: Dupes will use the restroom during downtime, eat in the Great Hall, and occasionally shower (rare, dupe basically has to be in base near the restroom/great hall at beginning of downtime). Then they will go to bed, and shower in the morning. If they showered the night before, they will begin work. 

I'm keeping an eye on it, but so far it's resulted in good shower coverage. The third downtime block also seems to resolve an issue I had earlier with dupes sometimes not eating in the great hall - I assume this was a lack of time issue, even though my great hall is very close to my food storage. 

Edit: Not getting perfect shower coverage, but a lot better. 

However, one of my dupes just straight up didn't eat last cycle, still has 2700 kcal, and is now missing the Great Hall bonus (and going to get stressed due to it). What the heck? How do I avoid this?

Followup: He ate two meals in one time block the next cycle. Instantly finished the first meal, ran and got the second, ate it in the normal amount of time.

I'm also still seeing some "instant" showers, typically right before bedtime, but now they're getting the buff. There's some really inconsistent behavior going on, making it a bit annoying to keep up with morale.

Edited by SirionX
Added new information
  • Sad 1