• More build menu lineweights
  • Fixed multiplier attributes in even more places
  • Updated strings for the new flower pots
  • Final art for new plant seeds
  • Tweaks to Robo Miner sound effects
  • Added Critter Sensor sound effects.
  • Tweaked high frequencies of Overlay Activation sound
  • Fix a game hang when a fabricator ran out of resources
  • Fix massive lag when a fabricator requeues a recipe with unstackable ingredients.

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9

Spoiler

12345.thumb.png.da97280e083f7b018a36fa7e41cbfd88.png

Planter state not being updated when attached to object that opens. Initial build requires foundation.

Planter also unable to be built on the side of single floating tile. (Not sure if intended)

Spoiler

wallplanter.thumb.png.c06e7f55f7fdaaaa5e8584ad5ed392fe.png

Edited by ruhrohraggy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

@Ipsquiggle The hats are still missing in both Jobs and Priority menus. Portraits are missing all together from Schedule menu. It ruins my immersion. 

At the moment, game "blackholes" (crashes) ruin gameplay experience and there are quirks which hinder it too and progression , it's hardly on high priority to fix eye candy,  for the sake of immersion. I mean sure, at the end everyone is entitle to it's own opinion, but missing icons and some sprites don't halt progression or crash game just when you have got everything set up after hours of playing.

Sorry guys... game crashes still. :(

Reports and saves has been sent but I upload here the log text file too. Seems Metal Refinery got bugged again... or as I read, various other warnings and errors happened too.

Maybe we need start a new game with this new update? I'm just thinking that you made several modification and fixing on database references, and maybe this save I started with the test branch may have such an information which might be corrupt corresponding to the new updates...

Donno... Hope you will find the solution!

output_log.txt

48 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Updated various strings pertaining to exosuits

A couple issues with the string changes in this update:

• STRINGS.MISC.NOTIFICATIONS.SUIT_DROPPED.TOOLTIP still mentions exosuits (and lacks the capitalization if that's expected)
  • STRINGS.EQUIPMENT.PREFABS.TEMPERATURE_SUIT.EFFECT still talks about a thermo suit
  • STRINGS.EQUIPMENT.PREFABS.TEMPERATURE_SUIT.EFFECT still uses the old markups <style></style>
  • same thing for STRINGS.EQUIPMENT.PREFABS.ATMO_SUIT.EFFECT & STRINGS.EQUIPMENT.PREFABS.AQUA_SUIT.EFFECT <style></style>
  • STRINGS.BUILDINGS.PREFABS.HIGHWATTAGEWIRE.EFFECT, STRINGS.BUILDINGS.PREFABS.WIREREFINEDBRIDGEHIGHWATTAGE.EFFECT, STRINGS.BUILDINGS.PREFABS.WIREREFINEDHIGHWATTAGE.EFFECT : I described the issue on this report:these equipments CANNOT be run through wall and floor tiles.
  • STRINGS.BUILDINGS.PREFABS.DIRECTIONALWORLDPUMPLIQUID.EFFECT: <link="ELEMENTSLIQUID">LIQUID</link> → no reason for the uppercase 'Liquid' here.
  • STRINGS.BUILDINGS.PREFABS.DIRECTIONALWORLDPUMPLIQUID.* These strings are there since quite some time but it sounds like an abandoned idea.

The "Jet Suit" strings are also there since ages. are these strings leftovers?

• Like 1

I have something weird going on with the coolant in my metal refinery.  I just got it setup in this save, so I don't know when it changed, but I've used the exact layout in several previous games without issue.  It's a typical setup where it loops the coolant back through if it's below a certain temperature.  It's now telling me the output pipe is blocked, even though the recirculation pipe is given priority.  I also see small packets that appear to be moving, even though no liquid should be flowing at this point.  Normally I'd expect I made a mistake and tweak the setup, but as I said I've used this exact layout numerous times in previous versions of the game without issues. 

Spoiler

20181205193016_1.thumb.jpg.5d86b780ad83d3ef987fd30ff58b8e5d.jpg

Yeah weird stuff going on with the metal refinery.  Seems to be a total disconnect between input and output.  Just queued up an order and it immediately starting allowing more coolant into the refinery, even though it was already full.  Here's a save if it helps.

Planet5 bugged Cycle 182.sav

After playing with it a bit in the stable build versus QoL, here's what I'm seeing.

Stable build:  Machine accepts 800kg of coolant, dupe delivers ore then interacts to refine metal, when refined metal is complete, half of the coolant (400kg) is heated and starts to come out of the exit pipe while the fill pipe accepts new coolant until 800kg again.

QoL:  Machine accepts 800kg of coolant, dupe delivers ore and immediately coolant contained in machine splits in half without heating, which allows 400kg more to enter, when refined metal is complete the half that split earlier is heated and comes out exit pipe, machine stays at about 1200kg total now and seems to go up over time.  Eventually the game crashes.

Edited by Nitroturtle
added more details
  • Thanks 1

That is the new designed behavior of refineries. Three different pools of coolant inside. New, in-use, and used. At the start of a job, 400 kg gets moved from "new" to "in-use". At the end of a job, "in-use" gets heated appropriately and then moved to "used".

That being said, there is a bug which allows the refinery to be used when there is not enough "new" coolant inside. It states "Awaiting Coolant" but dupes can use it regardless. This causes the coolant to super heat and break the exit pipe. The "in-use" mechanic is a bit problematic also. If a job is removed from the queue and a new one added, more coolant is moved from "new" to "in-use", even if there was already 400 kg in "in-use".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, wachunga said:

That is the new designed behavior of refineries. Three different pools of coolant inside. New, in-use, and used. At the start of a job, 400 kg gets moved from "new" to "in-use". At the end of a job, "in-use" gets heated appropriately and then moved to "used".

That being said, there is a bug which allows the refinery to be used when there is not enough "new" coolant inside. It states "Awaiting Coolant" but dupes can use it regardless. This causes the coolant to super heat and break the exit pipe. The "in-use" mechanic is a bit problematic also. If a job is removed from the queue and a new one added, more coolant is moved from "new" to "in-use", even if there was already 400 kg in "in-use".

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation.  Definitely still seems buggy, and looping coolant back through now requires a reservoir. :(

12 minutes ago, wachunga said:

That is the new designed behavior of refineries. Three different pools of coolant inside. New, in-use, and used. At the start of a job, 400 kg gets moved from "new" to "in-use". At the end of a job, "in-use" gets heated appropriately and then moved to "used".

Exactly. This is definitely fit into that behavior when during coolant intake dupes trying execute the queue, even the intake process not finished. When this happening dupes start a "ping-pong-dancing" among machines. (I have two refineries next to each other)

Not spoken the crash, which sadly still persists. :(

2 hours ago, Pex said:

Sorry guys... game crashes still. :(

Reports and saves has been sent but I upload here the log text file too. Seems Metal Refinery got bugged again... or as I read, various other warnings and errors happened too.

Maybe we need start a new game with this new update? I'm just thinking that you made several modification and fixing on database references, and maybe this save I started with the test branch may have such an information which might be corrupt corresponding to the new updates...

Donno... Hope you will find the solution!

output_log.txt

I tried loading my save up, not unpausing until I turned off the metal refinery, then unpausing.  I was able to make it through the cycle before I turned the metal refinery back on again.  I haven't crashed yet *fingers crossed*

Playing around with my metal refinery, I've discovered than I can continuously add more coolant.  This only happens if it already contains some ore and no builds are queued.  As soon as I queue a build, it adds up to 400kg to the "in-use" pool and then starts allowing more coolant into the "new" pool.  I can cancel the queue, and nothing changes.  Let it build up another 400kg and add it again, rinse, repeat.  This is easily repeatable in the save above.

Oh and it eventually black-holes, 1-2 cycles later.

Seriously, do you just leave rockcomet too hot? you have not even written about the changes in the list of changes. Or at least make it to the list of changes so that I don’t at least expect that you can fix it or fix it already !!!

Edited by akrabat14