All Released Skins (as of now)

10 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I don't see why not, at least I don't remember any rule against that.

In that case, there also appears to be an unreleased common skin (Gray Handcovers) on the Steam image servers.  

330x192 96fx96f

15 minutes ago, nome said:

Nope, it's a new skin that comes with the crabbit plushie. We will almost certainly do something for owners of shipwrecked some day, but this isn't it.

Sweet!  Looking forward to a SW loyalty skin!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Instant-Noodles said:

In that case, there also appears to be an unreleased common skin (Gray Handcovers) on the Steam image servers.  

330x192 96fx96f

That's been in Nome's inventory for a long time now, but thanks for sharing for the other people who didn't notice. :3

• Like 3

TBH the way I see it is that loyal skins should be given out this way:

1: The loyal is free and available forever (..no loyals do that currently)
2: The loyal costs money but it is available forever (like the RoG gift)
3: The loyal is free but only available for a limited amount of time (shadow torch, bottomless pit, etc.)
4: NEVER EVER HAVE A LIMITED TIME LOYAL THAT COSTS MONEY

In my opinion all skins should be obtainable by everybody! And if there's a loyal being given out to people who went to PAX then that just isn't fair in the slightest because
1: Not everybody has money to throw away on going to PAX... I'd love to go to PAX! Hell, I'd go to every single PAX event I possibly could! But I don't have the money for it :(
2: It's then a limited time thing that nobody can ever obtain ever again and it won't be tradeable...

All in all loyals being given out at PAX panels just makes me feel bad for not having money to go to PAX >_>

Edited by Fidooop
  • Like 18

9 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

TBH the way I see it is that loyal skins should be given out this way:

1: The loyal is free and available forever (..no loyals do that currently)
2: The loyal costs money but it is available forever (like the RoG gift)
3: The loyal is free but only available for a limited amount of time (shadow torch, bottomless pit, etc.)
4: NEVER EVER HAVE A LIMITED TIME LOYAL THAT COSTS MONEY

In my opinion all skins should be obtainable by everybody! And if there's a loyal being given out to people who went to PAX then that just isn't fair in the slightest because
1: Not everybody has money to throw away on going to PAX... I'd love to go to PAX! Hell, I'd go to every single PAX event I possibly could! But I don't have the money for it :(
2: It's then a limited time thing that nobody can ever obtain ever again...

All in all loyals being given out at PAX panels just makes me feel bad for not having money to go to PAX >_>

I agree however they might sell the crabbit plushie in the Klei store later on but if they don't that'd be a huge bummer and be pretty hard to get the crabbit backpack at all for people who recently get into the game and want to collect all the skins.

But do remember it's Klei's game so they can do whatever they want with skins, so if they want to make some of them unobtainable for people who join the game later on in the game's lifetime nothing's really stopping them.

Even if I'm in the same boat as you. =n=

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I agree however they might sell the crabbit plushie in the Klei store later on but if they don't that'd be a huge bummer and be pretty hard to get the crabbit backpack at all for people who recently get into the game and want to collect all the skins.

But do remember it's Klei's game so they can do whatever they want with skins, so if they want to make some of them unobtainable for people who join the game later on in the game's lifetime nothing's really stopping them.

Even if I'm in the same boat as you. =n=

Eh, the letterman jacket and smart sweater are the PAX items. :p 

The Crabpack is gonna be on the Store soon enough.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Eh, the letterman jacket and smart sweater are the PAX items. :p 

Oh!...I don't really care about those but to each their own.

Sorry the hype's getting to me I'm making a lot of mistakes but yeah I kind of agree it's kind of sad how some people can't get those shirt skins because of money issues.

And I thought you could get the crabbit plushie from the pax booth.

Edited by GiddyGuy

10 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Oh!...I don't really care about those but to each their own.

Sorry the hype's getting to me I'm making a lot of mistakes but yeah I kind of agree it's kind of sad how some people can't get those shirt skins because of money issues.

And I thought you could get the crabbit plushie from the pax booth.

Hmmm... From the looks of it these PAX skins might be tradeable.... Which would be fair in my opinion! A limited time item that costs money but STILL IS TRADEABLE is still an item that can be obtained by all! However, I feel like the rarity on them should be changed from Spiffy to Event and then given out to anybody who shows up to any of Klei's PAX panels from now to the end of time... idk just my opinion I guess

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

But do remember it's Klei's game so they can do whatever they want with skins

Definetelly, and what they do with their skins is one thing that contributes to the opinions of the players about Klei. Aight, the whole market ruckus storm has passed and settled down, the limited shadow torch was more than reasonable as a loyal item for there was a predetermined time during which anyone could get it, but actually making a skin available only to those who buy a plushie on the store is, whelp, a little bit too far even for a loyal. I see it as an extremely bad decision, one way to reward a small portion of fans who actually buy the plushie, while at the same time maybe pissing off a huge chunk of the rest of the player base by making a skin item obtainable through such a way.

8 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

but actually making a skin available only to those who buy a plushie on the store is, whelp, a little bit too far even for a loyal. I see it as an extremely bad decision, one way to reward a small portion of fans who actually buy the plushie, while at the same time maybe pissing off a huge chunk of the rest of the player base by making a skin item obtainable through such a way.

...How's that different from buying RoG and getting a campfire skin?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Price wise probably safe to say quite different along with the plush (£4 for RoG Vs Whatever the Plush price is + Shipping) and nothing else (which is fine if you like plushies, but if you don't that probably doesn't mean anything for you).

Personally not an issue for me, but those could be pretty big issues for some others, especially if they just want the skin.

Edited by Subscriber01236
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Well RoG is digital and costs $5. Plushies are usually around ~$30-$45 (not including shipping).

Edited by Zeklo
Beat to the punch.
  • Like 9

21 minutes ago, Subscriber01236 said:

but those could be pretty big issues for some others, especially if they just want the skin

5$ for a DLC digital product I bought years ago and enjoying the heck of it before skins were even a thing is exactly the same as over $30 for a plushie and waiting more than a month for the product. Well I guess a loyal is a loyal. :^)

Edited by t1morino88eex
  • Like 4