Releasing Unreleased Skins (which collection will be next?)

event where all the other survivors temporarily become heartless killer robots while WX turns into a highly empathetic emotional human and has to deal with the horror of what it once was while completely denying ever feeling anything following said event
G O

8 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'd actually argue that Wilson and Willow are more popular. Everytime the skins are split, they're included in one half. Also every single poster includes atleast one or both of them.

Being mascots doesn't equal popularity. Go browse some vanilla server player lists. You'll see just how popular they are.

On 05/11/2018 at 1:38 PM, Alarsin said:

And then there're concepts like Orphan Willow or Young Wickerbottom. Maybe it's just my opinion but I don't think anyone would actually wear them.

I really do like young wickerbottom.

On the other hand, it's very rare to be able to play an old woman character (i know like 2 or 3 game when it's possible, this one included), so is it a good idea to have a younger version of this character ? I don't know. I really like the art, and it's nice for a kind of "flashback", but maybe not as a playable character.

Making some character older will create other issues. People are already sexualising Wendy a lot, i'm not sure i want this to be more common.

trust me that's going to happen no matter what

Personally, I don't feel like an older Wendy skin would sell quite as well as her others. For. Uh. Reasons. I mean, if we're talking Wickerbottom old.
And Klei seems to have some idea of what Wendy fans want.
Robo-Wendy on the other hand...
k y u t

On 05/11/2018 at 7:12 PM, Duxe said:

I can't believe no one has said they like the young skins. I think the young skins are adorable and I would totally use them. I could also completely see an event based around them where they go through the portal and every character ends up a young version of themselves. I really hope they fully develop the concept and release those skins. [In before baby WX's skin is literally the same as his current body.]

wait until you see them die to an unforgiving giant beast roaming the winter 

wait a minute webber and wendy can die and its not depressing, guess it's a-ok for kid wilson to die

13 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

trust me that's going to happen no matter what

Personally, I don't feel like an older Wendy skin would sell quite as well as her others. For. Uh. Reasons. I mean, if we're talking Wickerbottom old.
And Klei seems to have some idea of what Wendy fans want.
Robo-Wendy on the other hand...
k y u t

The only thing wendy fans want right now is craftable GoH head, our money is not ready for the prices on the market.

And if we want to get it from rng, well

it's not going to happen

13 hours ago, DarithD said:

The only thing wendy fans want right now is craftable GoH head, our money is not ready for the prices on the market.

And if we want to get it from rng, well

it's not going to happen

Aint her wendyflower head more expensive? Idk lol I don't look for wendy heads on the market nowadays, have no reason to since I have 100% wendy.

1 hour ago, Terra M Welch said:

Aint her wendyflower head more expensive? Idk lol I don't look for wendy heads on the market nowadays, have no reason to since I have 100% wendy.

Yeah it does, and the price drop during halloween night, now GoH wendy is the most expensive item in the market. Rising more by each passing days, beating halloween crock pot last month by couple more bucks.

Anyway i'm sorry, this is getting off topic, Robo-Wendy are definitely something i wanted for a long time, I would love to see it release in the future, and i hope the voices are different too, to fit the robotic theme.

2 hours ago, DarithD said:

Yeah it does, and the price drop during halloween night, now GoH wendy is the most expensive item in the market. Rising more by each passing days, beating halloween crock pot last month by couple more bucks.

Anyway i'm sorry, this is getting off topic, Robo-Wendy are definitely something i wanted for a long time, I would love to see it release in the future, and i hope the voices are different too, to fit the robotic theme.

I just remember last time I checked the market GoH was like $25 and the wendyflower head was like $45. Shows how much I check the market. >.<

I do wonder what new skins will appear in future updates though, idk what the robot skin would fit under eventwise.

On 9/11/2018 at 4:28 PM, Terra M Welch said:

I do wonder what new skins will appear in future updates though, idk what the robot skin would fit under eventwise.

Idea:

-Horge (AKA "ClockWork's Hour) event: 

"Our group of survivors managed to stay alive, but now the new enemy woke up from the most deeps places of ruins, Clockwork King, who was old war machine in the past but now it's his own ruler (and the others clockworks serves him at will), with perverse ambitions: turn the Constant and beyond in a mechanic land."

"Wilson & Co. tried to stop him, but the Clockwork King used old knowledges of shadow magic and the group were turned in robots (¡while WX-78 is now human!)."

"The ClockWork King lies now in (never seen before) secret ruins, planning a massive attack on the outside world and Wilson & Co. must find it before it's too late, because they begun to feel more machines than humans (forgetting some memories of the past, as humans)."

The event is about keep you Sanity, becuase 0 = Full Robot, new servant of Clockwork King (AKA Lose the game).

-Gameplay: 6 players explores a labyrinth/dungeon and deal with normal and damaged versions of Bishop-Knigth-Rook. Also, with the common creatures too (Batilisk, Pigs, Spiders, Frogs, Bunnies, etc.) but as robots and some new skills. 

¿More challenging? Player can't produce anything, but his own bodies produces a small light source (More players together = Light source more big). If you need a weapon or armor, you must explore (and being helped by your teammates).

Btw, I see no reason why the robot skins would need a event exactly (I wish they were available just to get and have fun with them.), but I had this idea hours ago.

5 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Yea, I'd actually like to see another normal, uncraftable skin set release.

What is the appeal for skin sets like this? They're almost impossible to get in normal gameplay, and they're usually pretty expensive in the market for about a year or so. And skins for popular characters lower even slower then that. 

23 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

What is the appeal for skin sets like this? They're almost impossible to get in normal gameplay, and they're usually pretty expensive in the market for about a year or so. And skins for popular characters lower even slower then that. 

I really like these kind of skins but there is a reason why the Guest of Honor skins are super expensive and I wish we could be able to weave these skins but in the proces they would be Not Marketable and Not Tradable since not every Wendy main has 28$ for her Guest of Honor skin and neither has every Don't Starve player 

3 minutes ago, I.E.L said:

I really like these kind of skins but there is a reason why the Guest of Honor skins are super expensive and I wish we could be able to weave these skins but in the proces they would be Not Marketable and Not Tradable since not every Wendy main has 28$ for her Guest of Honor skin and neither has every Don't Starve player 

Klei could easily let you weave and trade them. They reason they don't do this is because it would crash the steam market. But it would make the game better in the process, and the skins on the market would be priced around rarity instead. So a Wendy GoH would cost around the same price as a Wes GoH.

Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

Klei could easily let you weave and trade them. They reason they don't do this is because it would crash the steam market. But it would make the game better in the process, and the skins on the market would be priced around rarity instead. So a Wendy GoH would cost around the same price as a Wes GoH.

Yea but if they would be on the market they would crash everything hard since people will just weave the expensive skins and the prices would drop down to 1 to 3 euros I at least want some kind of rarity but not too much like with the guest of honor skins and what was going on with the costume collection during the first Forge 

50 minutes ago, I.E.L said:

Yea but if they would be on the market they would crash everything hard since people will just weave the expensive skins and the prices would drop down to 1 to 3 euros I at least want some kind of rarity but not too much like with the guest of honor skins and what was going on with the costume collection during the first Forge 

And I think that's where our opinions differ. I'd like to see skins to more more accessible, but you want that aspect of rarity with them.

6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

And I think that's where our opinions differ. I'd like to see skins to more more accessible, but you want that aspect of rarity with them.

Yea true and I like that we have different opinions   

Archived