The Forge Beta Is now live!

Don't Starve Together - Main capsule.png

And... We're back!

As we mentioned previously, we're bringing back the Forge for another Limited time event. 

We have added some stuff and changed things up a little bit so we're going to open The Forge a little early for some good old-fashioned "Let's see if anything breaks before it goes live and hopefully you can keep your progress" beta testing. Yay!

We're warming up servers and getting everything ready to go. These few days of testing will help us iron out any issues before things go live. In particular, we need to stress test the servers all over the world to make sure they hold up.

The Beta is now LIVE! The Forge will be open for everybody in November 8th. If you’d like to join in the Beta, please follow the instructions below. 

Your progress and the items you gain during the Beta will NOT be carried over from beta. ANY and ALL items you receive during the beta will be lost when beta is over. 

Community progress will continue . 

If you would like to access The Forge, follow these steps:

• In Steam, click on Library > Games.
  • Scroll down to Don't Starve Together.
  • Right-click and select Properties.
  • Go to the BETAS tab.
  • In the dropdown, select the name of the branch you want to play. "forgebeta - The Forge Beta branch"
  • In that same Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache."
  • Your game will be updated to The Forge Beta branch.
  • Launch and play Don't Starve Together

F.A.Q.

What is The Forge?
The Forge is a limited time event for Don’t Starve Together. During this time players can earn event themed skins and rewards that are only dropped during the event. 

Yeah, but WHAT is The Forge?
The Forge is a limited time 6-player co-op challenge, where the goal is to try and defeat Battle Master Pugna's champions in an arena. The only way to survive will be to work together.

The Forge is played on official Klei servers that are available only during the event. There are no community hosted servers during this event. 

What else is in The Forge?

• This years Forge has had many balance content and progression changes. 
  • Character skins, emotes, item skins and more. Including skins from last season with hundreds of items.
  • Free on-demand dedicated event servers (Forge Only).
  • Simple Matchmaking with friends / community groups.
  • Event drop system (Forge only).
  • And more!
  • And new for Season 2 we have added community and personal goals replacing last years achievements. Complete matches to help the community unlock new bosses and items!

What kind of feedback are you looking for?
First, we really want to know if something is broken. But we’re also looking for gameplay feedback. If you find a security vulnerability or gameplay exploit, we ask that you send it to us directly at livesupport@kleientertainment.com so that we don’t have issues with abuse. Please also include your steam id so we can investigate and follow-up on the issue properly.

If I play the regular game during the event, can I still earn skins?
You can. However, with one big difference. All common drops will now reward an event chest that contains Forge event items. Regular common items will return after the event. 

Is The Forge free?
Yes! Events are free for everyone who owns DST. Players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Magmatic Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Magmatic Chest collection for $12.99. 

We hope that with this mechanism, we can both continue creating great free content while also supporting the development team. In addition, this method of funding allows us to provide content to all our players, instead of splitting the player community if we implemented it with a DLC paywall.

Why is The Forge temporary?

We get this question a lot. The Forge runs on official servers that we pay for and provide free of charge. Playing on official servers means that we have more control over the rewards we can provide during the event. Because we designed the event around this, we designed the gameplay to be played for a short time. 

What about Forge Chests?
While we think it’s fun to get and open random drops, in terms of purchasing we felt it was better if players could buy the skins directly. We hope you feel the same!

When does the Forge end? 
The Beta will last until The Forge officially opens, right now scheduled for Nov 8th. For the full launch, The Forge will last 3 weeks from the time it launches and we expect it to launch around the second week of November, but we will see how the beta goes. More details announced with launch.  

Can I keep the items I gain during the Beta?
Your progress and the items you gain during the Beta will NOT be carried over from beta. ANY and ALL items you receive during the beta will be lost when beta is over. 

We will have a mechanic for community progress this time, and this will carry over into the live version. 

What is available during the Beta?
Pretty much everything is available. The only thing not available is skin purchasing and of course any finishing touches, balance changes and bug fixes that come from testing. 

Where do I submit feedback and bug reports?
Please submit your bug reports here, and feedback here

Aaaaaaaaah! The hype is overwhelming! And so will be the endless grinding for chests! I need to start getting into coffee so I can game all night...

Pity we haven't heard anything of the original Forge skins, though.

Nevermind, turns out I just skimmed out most of the text in my haste, heh.

10 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

>The Forge Beta Begins November 5th

>The Beta will last one week, until October 30.

Am I not getting something or the Beta will last one week backwards in time?

Probably Boarilla punched a wild tanking Max so hard, he gone back in time ;)

Yay, Forge beta! :D I hope everything will go well (enough) ;)

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

New character skins, emotes,

Now this is what I'm looking forward to the most! 

Edit: just to avoid confusion, JoeW said that we don't get new emotes after all... :( 

@fimmatek There are no new emotes, I took the word "new" out of there to clarify. Sorry about that. "

1 minute ago, Bluegeist said:

So the beta definitely starts on November 8th? The in-game menu said it starts the 5th.

JoeW's post is a bit contradictory, I guess he'll clarify it soon.

2 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

I'm very happy to hear the old skins will be available! I was really hoping for that!

Where did you read that in the post? I didn't find any hint that the old skins would come back too.

2 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

I'm nervous to say the least. I'm gonna be such a noob lol

Don't worry, you're not the only and you'll learn this ;) I'd recommend teaming up with friends or looking for a group, it's a lot easier if you communicate and can coordinate.

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

New character skins, emotes, item skins and more. Including skins from last season with hundreds of items.

Yay! I have 10k spools that I've saved up. Now I can get everything that couldn't be bought last year or use it for other stuff that I may want instead that I can't buy. Also, rip my social life.

1 minute ago, Pab10Suarez said:

i guess here

3 hours ago, JoeW said:
  • New character skins, emotes, item skins and more. Including skins from last season with hundreds of items.
  •  

Hm, I hope you're right... but in that case won't be able to buy the old skin set, only the new one? Because he mentioned the Magmatic set at the purchase section, but not the Gladiator set:

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Magmatic Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Magmatic Chest collection for $12.99. 

So I wouldn't say for sure that the old warrior skins return as well. I hope I'm just too pessimistic tho.

Just now, fimmatek said:

Hm, I hope you're right... but in that case won't be able to buy the old skin set, only the new one? Because he mentioned the Magmatic set at the purchase section, but not the Gladiator set:

So I wouldn't say for sure that the old warrior skins return as well. I hope I'm just too pessimistic tho.

I think will come back but just with spools

Archived