Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

bugsmand

Bye hamlet

Recommended Posts

bugsmand    713

Hamlet beta is disappearing tomorrow people. Let us all say goodbye to our ham until december.. (Hopefully)

 

Let us all hear about your thoughts, what you've loved, what you will miss and what you can't wait for. Or if you just wanna say goodbye, that's fine too.

hamlet will resurrect. And bring the birth of a fully released DLC as the prophecy foretold.

We shall all drink from our potato cups, and eat our ham  to O fully respect the birth of our next coming DLC.

 

 

 

*cri*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Demon874    76

Hamlet needs something special. like coffee from SW and the equivalent of obsidian tools otherwise I don't see a reason for me to come from RoG to Hamlet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,653
1 hour ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

Hamlet needs something special. like coffee from SW and the equivalent of obsidian tools otherwise I don't see a reason for me to come from RoG to Hamlet. 

...you have commerce with pigs. You also raid tombs. 

What more do you need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ucw    459

Not goodbye, just:  so long!  Can't wait to buy Hamlet!  

Love the amount of exploration and discovery.  Haven't even scratched the surface.  Also, Love getting to buy a house and having an indoor refuge all to myself to decorate.  I put crockpots in the "kitchen" and made the other side of the room a "living" area.  If they can make it so tables and chairs are usable, that would be awesome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zinglon    131
36 minutes ago, ucw said:

Not goodbye, just:  so long!  Can't wait to buy Hamlet!  

Love the amount of exploration and discovery.  Haven't even scratched the surface.  Also, Love getting to buy a house and having an indoor refuge all to myself to decorate.  I put crockpots in the "kitchen" and made the other side of the room a "living" area.  If they can make it so tables and chairs are usable, that would be awesome.  

I really want 'two or more rooms' housing. This version of housing is a kinda messy and small studio to live in XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Demon874    76
2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

...you have commerce with pigs. You also raid tombs. 

What more do you need?

I mean something powerful like the obsidian spear or something like a new food that makes you take less damage or something awesome I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,653
21 minutes ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

I mean something powerful like the obsidian spear or something like a new food that makes you take less damage or something awesome I don't know.

Building a house that makes you impervious to Charlie, regardless if you built a light or not is pretty dang powerful if you ask me. 

You also have a long range projectile weapon that doesn't have weapon degradation, COMMERCE WITH PIGS. 

You also get to be the Batman. Why would you NOT want to be the Batman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Demon874    76
10 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Building a house that makes you impervious to Charlie, regardless if you built a light or not is pretty dang powerful if you ask me. 

You also have a long range projectile weapon that doesn't have weapon degradation, COMMERCE WITH PIGS. 

You also get to be the Batman. Why would you NOT want to be the Batman?

yeah... well, building a house is not that great, I mean isolated yourselves from the wilderness is not something I want. Plus I can't take your home everywhere.

Well sure the mosquete is really a good thing just want the damage to increase just a bit.

I don't know, the sonar is cool but I prefer thermal but it's ok. I would never be Batman and I would never want but thats a different topic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kiwikenobi    581
1 hour ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

I mean something powerful like the obsidian spear

There's the blunderbuss. It's pretty darn powerful. I think it's basically the same power as gunpowder, but as a projectile, and I don't think it sets the dropped loot on fire, either. Plus it makes a really satisfying BANG! when you fire it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
metallichydra    2,118
4 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

There's the blunderbuss. It's pretty darn powerful. I think it's basically the same power as gunpowder, but as a projectile, and I don't think it sets the dropped loot on fire, either. Plus it makes a really satisfying BANG! when you fire it.

is gunpowder renewable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watermelen671    14,653
5 hours ago, metallichydra said:

is gunpowder renewable?

...I suppose so, probably, maybe.

Earthquakes cause nitre and stuff to fall. Rotten eggs are renewable.

And I suppose if push comes to shove there's always the Skyworthy to take you back to RoG land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheMetalMan    105

I see this has a lot of promise, but I've not been able to get far due to the "learn by failing" logic of Don't Starve.

I haven't gotten to any late game items, including the bosses, and the Blunderbuss.

 

I know the Blunderbuss is crazy overpowered(according to the wiki) but I hope it stays because I really want to try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites