Jump to content

[Game Update] - 288927


Recommended Posts

  • Developer
  • Rockets no longer disappear when animating off and onto the world
  • The deconstruct tool should only re-prioritize those things in active layers.
  • Health bars are correctly flipped for flippable buildings
  • Jet Suits are now made from steel
  • Liquid Conditioner is no longer invincible
  • New Database entries added
  • Added Shove Vole babies
  • Shove Vole eggs have correct lifespan
  • High-end materials can now be used as Raw Metal as well as Refined Metal.
  • Increased the Overheat temperatures for the new metallic elements
  • More elements can be used on the Temp Shift Plate
  • "Simple Tastes" and "Gourmet" modifiers are correctly applied now
  • Pipes and Vents can now go all the way to the edge of the map
  • Showers once again consume/produce water
  • Research screen "search" box can be localized
  • Dupes will no longer continually try to return a suit if chores on the other side of the dock have lower priority.
  • Molecular Forge takes more power
  • Surface POI should no longer get destroyed by meteors
  • Dupes will no longer continue flying if Jet Suit is unequipped while airborne
  • Meteors now emit CO2 instead of Rock Gas to prevent small bits of ore from accumulating
  • Regolith Meteors now only stack regolith to a certain depth.
  • Meteors do less ground damage overall, preventing premature surface destruction
  • Fix pathfinding underwater when passing a suit checkpoint
  • Fix crash when a mole spawns near the edge of the world
  • Dupes will return the correct suit type to a locker
  • Dupes are now allowed to leave any checkpoint if already wearing a suit
  • New Gas Emptier art
  • Updated Jet Suit checkpoint art
  • Construction material is properly auto-selected in Sandbox/Debug
  • Breath/Fuel bars will no longer turn on after viewing an overlay
  • Add Steam Engine sound effects
  • Ore is now merged into the world if it's buried under the same element, i.e. regolith ore getting buried in a regolith tile is absorbed into the tile

View full update

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Ore is now merged into the world if it's buried under the same element, i.e. regolith ore getting buried in a regolith tile is absorbed into the tile

we tried this before, anything higher than 3 tiles results in a maximum of 2 tiles worth of material in the final dig out because of 50% dig returns

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Ore is now merged into the world if it's buried under the same element, i.e. regolith ore getting buried in a regolith tile is absorbed into the tile

So we should dig regolith stacks from the bottom tile only to get rid of as much as possible but sand should be micro'd top-down to avoid losses?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

I've checked, yes, you can. ;)

Does that apply only to steel? I don't have it yet, but ordinary refined metals are not listed as ingredients

P.S. checked myself, u can't. But u can use new materials such as nobium for example

Edited by rafker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rafker said:

Does that apply only to steel? I don't have it yet, but ordinary refined metals are not listed as ingredients

No, it also applies to 2 other metals, which give even higher overheat bonusses. Ordinary refind metals are not usable, but steel, thermite and one other is usable.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • High-end materials can now be used as Raw Metal as well as Refined Metal.
  • Increased the Overheat temperatures for the new metallic elements

Looks like now we can set up aquatuner in a steam turbine chamber to delete infinite heat. And with some old tricks, maybe we can use tepidizer to as a heat source for steam turbine to get infinite power.

Spoiler

Well, even without a super buffed tepidizer, we can still make a turbine as an infinite power source, by using some relative new tricks.

 

Overheat summary

+900: Thermite,

+500: Niobium,

+200: Abyssalite, Ceramic, Steel, Diamond,

+50: Copper, Gold, Iron, Tungsten, Gold Amalgam,

+15: Granite, Igneous Rock, Obsidian,

-10: polluted dirty, dirty

Edited by R9MX4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Looks like now we can set up aquatuner in a steam turbine chamber to delete infinite heat.

You can now achieve overheat temperatures of 1025°C for the aqua tuner, so yes you can probably all use it now in tandem. The trade off is that it is very, very late game.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SamLogan said:

That's great but still need a fix for the meteor shower occurs before we discover the surface.

Thanks for you work. :)

I'd say that rather than that which does only make sense and only maybe in terms of gameplay, they should instead not be so mean to start it regardless of actual season when one breaches the surface. Needless to say, many would surely appreciate a difficulty setting which modifies the current Armageddon.

 A 4 cycles break every 14 cycles and 1/2 to 2 cycles breaks during 10 cycles of one meteor per second (and a quarter second) is seriously imbalanced, even if a Solar Panel can otherwise generate ~240kw/s... I actually don't want a safe space (the iron sure is precious) but the current one is terrifying while the solution is kinda lame

 

In any event, this "hotfix" sure is awesome~ What overheat temperatures do refined steel pumps have? I'd really like to know so I am seriously tempted to look at the preview (and this time I won't forget a certain thing)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SakuraKoi said:

I'd say that rather than that which does only make sense and only maybe in terms of gameplay, they should instead not be so mean to start it regardless of actual season when one breaches the surface. Needless to say, many would surely appreciate a difficulty setting which modifies the current Armageddon.

 A 4 cycles break every 14 cycles and 1/2 to 2 cycles breaks during 10 cycles of one meteor per second (and a quarter second) is seriously imbalanced, even if a Solar Panel can otherwise generate ~240kw/s... I actually don't want a safe space (the iron sure is precious) but the current one is terrifying while the solution is kinda lame

 

In any event, this "hotfix" sure is awesome~ What overheat temperatures do refined steel pumps have? I'd really like to know so I am seriously tempted to look at the preview (and this time I won't forget a certain thing)

Steel pumps are now 275°C. Thermite will give you 975°C. You are not going to be able to pump up magma, but everything else is a breeze.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Looks like now we can set up aquatuner in a steam turbine chamber to delete infinite heat.

 

Overheat summary

+900: Thermite,

+500: Niobium,

+200: Abyssalite, Ceramic, Steel, Diamond,

+50: Copper, Gold, Iron, Tungsten, Gold Amalgam,

+15: Granite, Igneous Rock, Obsidian,

-10: polluted dirty, dirty

Now if only mercury existed in the game so we could actually make super coolant to take advantage of that.

Also, can you now build stuff from abyssalite again? Otherwise it's fairly redundant to include on a list of building material overheat temperature bonuses.

Edited by Saturnus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Looks like now we can set up aquatuner in a steam turbine chamber to delete infinite heat.

 

Overheat summary

+900: Thermite,

+500: Niobium,

+200: Abyssalite, Ceramic, Steel, Diamond,

+50: Copper, Gold, Iron, Tungsten, Gold Amalgam,

+15: Granite, Igneous Rock, Obsidian,

-10: polluted dirty, dirty

Wow, that's pretty game-changing, feels like a solid progression of being able to build crazier stuff with new tiers of materials.  And takes away most of the need for door pumps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Also, can you now build stuff from abyssalite again

no overheateable building can be made by abyssalite

1 minute ago, shanemadden said:

takes away most of the need for door pumps.

Don't forget Door pump is power-free. Door pump is still necessary for steam turbine. Or we have to build 20 gas pumps to keep pressure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...