Summer skins when?

Ah, well I still kinda hold out hope for something like the old-timey swimsuits, for example. 
20sbathingsuits.png.368a381cdfb798b90e2378d3eda24d3d.png

They're friggin' adorable and would fit the game's era.  And yes, the guys could wear them too.  :)

(That wouldn't be the WHOLE summer skin set, of course--just one idea for them.)

...Notorious

8 hours ago, Szczuku said:

We already got victorian skins this summer. Plus I don't think Klei wants to draw characters in swimsuits.

Tho you're right, we've got new skins not too long ago, but I still would like to get summer skins (and autumn ones too!), it's not impossible. Besides, they don't have to be about swimsuits, summer is not only about swimming and beach. The characters could wear clothing to protect against the heat, like if they were participating on a desert exploration mission, for example.

1 hour ago, Field Field said:

I feel like Ancient character skins would be cool for a few days, then they'd slowly get more and more hated as the "pro" players claim them, just like the shadow collection.

I never knew that "pro" players could claim a specific skin set. Last I knew anyone regardless of skill level could just buy em if they had a few bucks to spare.

43 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

So basically what you're saying is: They'd be cool as long as people don't have them

Honestly, that gave me an idea. What if there were a set that is limited per person? So for example one player could own only one (or two or three, idk, but a given number) character's skins from that set at a time. This way they were accessible to everyone but couldn't get too common. 

Tho Klei couldn't earn too much money from this and collectors would hate such a system I'm pretty sure...

You've anwsered your own dumb idea. I don't see anything good in it. 

It's obvious that when new skins are released there will be people who are going to buy everything on the 1st day and later complain that "Event is boring and repetitive because there isn't anything to grind for".

Like you can't tell me that there're people who think: "I've bought this skin, now I'm special and no one else can have this skin". Wait actually the more I think about it, the more I'm sure that there are actually people like this...

54 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

It was just a quick and rough idea which tries to find a midway between "common" elegants and (practically) unaccessible elegants.

56 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

It's obvious that when new skins are released there will be people who are going to buy everything on the 1st day and later complain that "Event is boring and repetitive because there isn't anything to grind for".

That's true and kinda sad. Tho if just some items can make an event interesting and people play it only for grinding, that event is bad. 

58 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Like you can't tell me that there're people who think: "I've bought this skin, now I'm special and no one else can have this skin". Wait actually the more I think about it, the more I'm sure that there are actually people like this...

I don't get your point here, what do you mean? People with a minimum intelligence should know that skins are either rare or not...

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I agree, I wish event was more of a grind for skins instead of buying everything straight off, but honestly, this is great for klei because. They earn good amount of money from the event. May finish all the achievement in  event to earn this limited edition skin? I mean skins are cool. I love them myself  BUT HONESTLY, I hate how dst seem to be all about skins now.

5 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I never knew that "pro" players could claim a specific skin set. Last I knew anyone regardless of skill level could just buy em if they had a few bucks to spare.

This would also be a great idea, I mean like doing something to unlock unlock this achievement for this blah blah blah skin? idk..I feel like not much player in this game including myself know how to survive for a long period of time. This will encourage player to play more nd actually become skillful at surviving dst harsh map.

9 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I don't get your point here, what do you mean? People with a minimum intelligence should know that skins are either rare or not...

I was referencing what Field Field said. "Ancient skins would be cool at 1st and later they would be hated as pro players collect them"

15 hours ago, Field Field said:

I feel like Ancient character skins would be cool for a few days, then they'd slowly get more and more hated as the "pro" players claim them, just like the shadow collection.

I mean the Truimphants are evil looking and menacing well besides Maxwell but the ancinet collection can have clothes of the Ancients and since they were bug people Webber can dress up as the kind since they are both bugs

21 minutes ago, I.E.L said:

I mean the Truimphants are evil looking and menacing well besides Maxwell but the ancinet collection can have clothes of the Ancients and since they were bug people Webber can dress up as the kind since they are both bugs

Always take character quotes with a grain of salt. They don't reflect 1 for 1 the reality of the world but rather the view of the one taking it in. In this case Webber, a bug child, is using what he's familiar with to describe the murals he's seeing.

I do believe the ancients are more likely crustaceans. Similar, both with exoskeletons and plenty of legs, but still different. We even see them in the ancient obelisk pictures resembling shrimp somewhat. This also coincides with the rock lobsters who also inhabit the caves.

Of course, this is me using what I am familiar with to describe a possible reality just as Webber does, but thought I'd mention it. At the very least we know they're arthropods.

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Always take character quotes with a grain of salt. They don't reflect 1 for 1 the reality of the world but rather the view of the one taking it in. In this case Webber, a bug child, is using what he's familiar with to describe the murals he's seeing.

I do believe the ancients are more likely crustaceans. Similar, both with exoskeletons and plenty of legs, but still different. We even see them in the ancient obelisk pictures resembling shrimp somewhat. This also coincides with the rock lobsters who also inhabit the caves.

Of course, this is me using what I am familiar with to describe a possible reality just as Webber does, but thought I'd mention it. At the very least we know they're arthropods.

Yea true I can't dissagree 

Archived