Summer skins when?

On 31. 7. 2018 at 7:39 PM, fimmatek said:

Honestly, that gave me an idea. What if there were a set that is limited per person? So for example one player could own only one (or two or three, idk, but a given number) character's skins from that set at a time. This way they were accessible to everyone but couldn't get too common. 

Tho Klei couldn't earn too much money from this and collectors would hate such a system I'm pretty sure...

aand I am mad. 

Spoiler

XD

On 31.07.2018 at 7:39 PM, fimmatek said:

Honestly, that gave me an idea. What if there were a set that is limited per person? So for example one player could own only one (or two or three, idk, but a given number) character's skins from that set at a time. This way they were accessible to everyone but couldn't get too common. 

Tho Klei couldn't earn too much money from this and collectors would hate such a system I'm pretty sure...

STOP

I think people who want an ancient collection forget that the most prominent colours from the ruins are bright magenta and literally the most disgusting orange-y yellow I've ever seen. Usually this looks fine because they're being suppressed (like the great evil they are) by a screen tint and the dim to non-existent lighting of the caves. 

1 hour ago, Ressayez said:

I think people who want an ancient collection forget that the most prominent colours from the ruins are bright magenta and literally the most disgusting orange-y yellow I've ever seen. Usually this looks fine because they're being suppressed (like the great evil they are) by a screen tint and the dim to non-existent lighting of the caves. 

Art by @Aileen-Rose

5907af6c719ab_AncientWebber.png.a33520ec

They're using the green, and other colors, seen in the ancient obelisk from the Metheus puzzle when not filtered magenta, and I think something like this would be outstanding. 

5 hours ago, Ressayez said:

But I kinda like the magenta. Perhaps if it was more of a darker shade, and used more as a slight accent, it wouldn't be so bad. And it's only the thulecite that's the orange-y yellow. I doubt very much of that would be used on normal clothing. Jewelry perhaps, but not clothing. That, and those aren't the only two colors the Ancients had access too. There's also reds and blues on a lot of relics. So they did have access to other paints and/or dyes too. It was (at one point) a flourishing civilization after all, so it would be surprising if they didn't have various dyes for clothing.

It would be pretty awesome if this "ancient collection" assigned a gem to each character.

Someone like Willow would have a red gem obviously. 

Webber could maybe also have a red gem seeing as he was "reincarnated" in the original DS? The red gem is all about life and fire.

Maxwell would get a purple gem obviously since the purple gem represents shadow, and the dark, and Maxwell does things with the shadow and dark.

Wendy would have a blue gem given her "cold" personality.

Winona green gem since she constructs stuff.

Random thoughts:

1.  Well, I'M certainly ready to celebrate summer's end.  In real life.  We do have those adorable tiny purple flowers all over the decorative sagebrush in this season (aka: tumbleweeds that haven't started tumbling yet) and it's really cool and western-y looking...but I am about DONE with this heat.  Bring on the pretty fall colours, sweaters, and hot cider!

2.  That Webber picture is BADASS looking.  If the theoretical Ancient outfits looked like _that_, I'd be all for it.  Like Sinister Fang said, I think the Ancients probably would've had access to multiple colours of dyes, and don't underestimate the power of _mixing_ colours together...

3.  Assigning the characters gem colours reminds me of that time I tried, for a joke, making a couple of the Don't Starve characters as Gems in the Steven Universe character maker.  And of absolute COURSE the first thing I did was make Willow a Ruby.  Obviously.  I mean, how could you _not_, if you're already crossover-ing those things together?  I don't remember what I made Wendy...she was either a blue or white gem.  Something to go with her "cold" personality, anyway. 

Winona...(snaps fingers)  Green!  Engineer!  Oh, mygod, she'd be a Peridot.  She HAS to be a peridot.  That's kind of perfect.  While we're on that, maybe yellow for WX-78, 'cos he likes lightning/is electrical?  And Wickerbottom could be a pearl 'cos she likes things tidy and organized.

Okay I'm done.  : P

Edit:  Also, hi Ron Stoppable avatar!  (waves)

...Notorious

(Also:

Spoiler

dontstarvegems.png.15e84a88c610a87137b87552fd3f1886.png

The fire-glow and Abigail were done with copious use of drag-and-drops, as were Willow's pigtails.  Also notice that she is a CRACKED gem...for obvious reasons.  (aka:  girl cray)  Willow is a ruby (with Garnet's colour pallet on her clothes) and Wendy is a moonstone.  Which...kinda works, with that whole "I am one with the dark" thing...

I haven't done Wickerpearl or Winodot (heh) yet, but that should be fun.  Or Wigfrid...what would she be, anyway?  Maybe a jasper?  'Cos they're warriors?  Also it's an orange gem to go with her orange hair, and I could give her "war paint" looking markings... (plotting and scheming ensues)

tee hee.  ;))

Wasn't sure if this actually counted properly as Don't Starve fanart, so that's why I didn't put it in my thread for that.  If any mods are terribly offended by my posting this here because of its off-topicness, feel free to move it to my fanart thread in Off-Topic.  If you can find it, that is.  : P

...Notorious

On 8/10/2018 at 10:36 PM, Zeklo said:

Art by @Aileen-Rose

5907af6c719ab_AncientWebber.png.a33520ec

They're using the green, and other colors, seen in the ancient obelisk from the Metheus puzzle when not filtered magenta, and I think something like this would be outstanding. 

I’ve seen this skin set before, but I can’t find the original thread?

Please put all the other skins if you have the time. @Aileen-Rose work is so freaking beautiful.

Archived