Can you have multiple continuous orders on machines? How to achieve it?

48 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

Sadly, you will need separate buildings for every continuous order you want to place on any recipe building.  Which is super silly, and should have been changed a long time ago.

Yes and no... Yes it would be convenient to produce several products in one machine. But it wont save you time, just space.

And i mixed production, you are not be able to automate it with max-storage-shutoff.

You would need separate buildings to maintain two continuous runs. I mean..continuous means just that. A timer and a NOT gate would allow you to alternate between two. 

That being said I wouldn't mind seeing the option should you run out of resources in the first queue to default to the second, and so on.

2 minutes ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

You would need separate buildings to maintain two continuous runs. I mean..continuous means just that. A timer and a NOT gate would allow you to alternate between two. 

That being said I wouldn't mind seeing the option should you run out of resources in the first queue to default to the second, and so on.

I would prefer that the cook cooks the food in the order that is shown, and if there is not enough ingredients they skip it to the next item. WE NEED OUR FOOD!

17 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

I would prefer that the cook cooks the food in the order that is shown, and if there is not enough ingredients they skip it to the next item. WE NEED OUR FOOD!

I usually just put down two mushers when I get going. One set to mush bars and the other to lice loaf. Set the priority on the lice higher and it should always make the loaf before the bars. However, this rarely works out and once I set the consumables to not eat the mush bars they claim they're starving with 7 of 8 dupes idle and the three cooks set to cook aren't cooking. It's still beta.

It should be a priority queue rather than a rolling queue. Make the first recipe if possible, if not make the 2nd if possible, if not make the 3rd and so on. It won't alternate but in my opinion it makes more sense from the player's perspective.

2 hours ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

I usually just put down two mushers when I get going. One set to mush bars and the other to lice loaf. Set the priority on the lice higher and it should always make the loaf before the bars. However, this rarely works out and once I set the consumables to not eat the mush bars they claim they're starving with 7 of 8 dupes idle and the three cooks set to cook aren't cooking. It's still beta.

I've found that having the cooks priorities queue set for only cooking helps.

I'd like a recipe that combines lice loaf with mush bar, for extra nutrition and taste, perhaps call it the Gruel bar with -2 quality. 

Both a bump and another vote for the priority rather than rolling queue. I was just looking to suggest this before I saw it here. Maybe an option to turn this on and off, not sure if some people may want the functionality when making individual recipes over continuous.

3 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

Obviously none of you are vegetarians.

It is called contamination. You don't cook your meat on the same grill that you cook your veggies. Or you shouldn't.. if you're a vegetarian.

There are multiple vegetarian options that can be cooked on the same grill. And dupes don't seem to have a vegetarian trait (though that would be interesting actually).

1 minute ago, Gathouria said:

There are multiple vegetarian options that can be cooked on the same grill. And dupes don't seem to have a vegetarian trait.

They never would because it's about survival.

Vegans only exist because there are other options at their disposal, this naturally wouldn't be a thing if they're put in a situation where starvation and malnutrition is a very real risk for them.

More on topic, I feel like a priority queue is sort of a natural extension for the game. It's sort of something we already manually do (like we did prior to the occupational upgrade), and just increases QOL of the game.

4 hours ago, goboking said:

As someone who likes to keep my colony compact, space isn't a problem, it's the problem.

So if you want colony to be compact, then that the mono management is what in return you have to deal with. Large base will require tons of space for lots of automation so you dont have to deal with everything. Smaller base, in other hand, cant have much automation as large base, but require less resources and give you more time playing.

This is what this game is, use space as resource to automation your base, or, do it all manually by yourself.

On 16/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, Gurgel said:

I would also like if you could queue up more than 6 items. Sometimes I want to make, say, 100, but the only way to do that is manually (or have 17 stations...)

Smart storage is your friend.

7 hours ago, tranoze said:

So if you want colony to be compact, then that the mono management is what in return you have to deal with. Large base will require tons of space for lots of automation so you dont have to deal with everything. Smaller base, in other hand, cant have much automation as large base, but require less resources and give you more time playing.

This is what this game is, use space as resource to automation your base, or, do it all manually by yourself.

That's the way it is, but is it the way it should be?  Does forcing players using a single electric grill to manually queue different recipes enhance gameplay in any meaningful way?  Does cycling through multiple continuous cook orders on a single electric grill somehow disrupt game balance?  If you can provide a compelling reason why cycling through continuous cook orders shouldn't be a thing then I'm all ears.

9 hours ago, goboking said:

That's the way it is, but is it the way it should be?  Does forcing players using a single electric grill to manually queue different recipes enhance gameplay in any meaningful way?  Does cycling through multiple continuous cook orders on a single electric grill somehow disrupt game balance?  If you can provide a compelling reason why cycling through continuous cook orders shouldn't be a thing then I'm all ears.

Yes it should be like that, cuz right now, 1 grill is enough for 20+ dups if you have enough materials to queue up cooking continuously. There for there are no reason to build multiple machine. There are no reason to upgrade your kitchen, your storage, your base. What you want is a small base have same benefit as a large base, so what the point of expanding your base?

You have to abandon something to get something in return, that how surviving game work. Problem you having right now is not something can't solve, but something you have to solve it by upgrading your kitchen. If you refuse to do that, then that the problem you have to deal with. 

With EU upgrade you can fit  8 dups in the same bed by just change their sleep schedule and switch bed time to time. So why dont we allow dup to sleep on other dups's bed?

Archived