The Gorge Tournament

JoeW

Hey everybody. 

As noted in the announcement for extended the Gorge event, we will be starting the Gorge Tournament tomorrow!

What does that mean? Beginning tomorrow at 11am PST, all DST players who play the Gorge can start competing for the best scores. The top teams will receive the following:

Gold - (Top team of 1 - 3 players): Exclusive Gold Portrait, Exclusive Gold Icon, and Every item introduced with The Gorge, including the Survivors Chest and the Belongings Chest.

Silver - (Top 5 teams of 1 - 3 unique players): Exclusive Silver Portrait, Exclusive Silver Icon, and The Gorge Belongings Chest.

Bronze - (Remaining Top 100 unique Players): Exclusive Bronze Icon and 25 Gorge Chests.

All participants will receive a special participation reward. Players appearing in multiple teams will only receive the reward for the highest tier they qualify for. Some restrictions apply, see below. 

Come back tomorrow during The Gorge extended event at 11am PST on 7/10 for details on how to qualify for the tournament. 

This is going to be the first event of its kind, so we reserve the right to change things if we need to, or cancel due to unexpected complications.

We would love to do more things like this in the future, so make sure to give us your feedback!

Good luck, have fun!

FAQ:

What are the restrictions?

This tournament is Steam only, and only the "parent" account that purchased the game can participate, "child" accounts will not qualify. Accounts must be in good standing and cannot belong to limited Steam accounts.

How do I enter?

Players will be automatically entered after completing specific objectives to qualify. Details will be posted here tomorrow.

What if I belong to multiple high scoring teams?

You will be rewarded based on the team with the highest score. If you qualify under multiple tiers, you will receive an award only for the highest qualifying tier.

What about merch?

We wanted to give out merch as a prize, but the laws are scary, so we decided not to mess with that. If we get a lot of good feedback from this tournament, we'll look into how to go about physical prizes in the future.

Question, So is the prizes given to top 3 any size team or top 3 of each size, say U get Top score solo compared to other solo so u get Gold even tho a 3 player team got better score than you?

Last I knew about physical prizes and getting around local laws is that they usually can't prohibit someone from making a purchase under special circumstances, so you might be able to sell "limited time" only items to the winners for a whole penny, and pay for the shipping costs.

I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.  Please seek real counseling advice from a real lawyer who is in good standing with their respective bar association for clarification.

2 minutes ago, Jynn said:

I"m getting nothing but a participation prize lol! I'm one of those unlucky ones who doesn't have a well-knit, voice-chatting team to do record speed runs with =P

Honestly same, but if you're looking for a partner, I might be interested. Not gonna get my hopes up too high, but I'll give the competition what I've got.

1 minute ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Honestly same, but if you're looking for a partner, I might be interested. Not gonna get my hopes up too high, but I'll give the competition what I've got.

sure i'll pop you a PM message and maybe we can try to get a semi-capable team to do matches with haha! better than Randoms i guess! I can cook so that's one thing

Just now, Jynn said:

sure i'll pop you a PM message and maybe we can try to get a semi-capable team to do matches with haha! better than Randoms i guess! I can cook so that's one thing

Perhaps I can help you guys? I'm kind of a loner

Archived