The Gorge Tournament

JoeW

Uhh yeah about that top stuff, I can already see a chinese team rockin' out another 6 hour match just to get gold ._.
Im unsure if its worth the participation, but I want to know what will be judged, will you judge according to satisfaction bonus for correct meals, score, time, or all together? there are a few missing pieces I'd like to know 'bout

6 minutes ago, Remps said:

still hard dude other teams played over than 5 hours and cant get highest score :D think on that 

still, better to have a group that knows what they're doing than put our trust in Quick Match haha. Judging by my current luck with matches, i'll get lvl 1s that i have to coach through how to do things

23 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

You already know I'm winning myself a participation award. Seeing the scores of other people, there's a snowman's chance in Hell that I get anything.

same, i will stand no chance against other, might as well just try lol

Just now, Remps said:

whats your best score ? did you ever reach 5k points ?

ive gotten 3K but that was with randoms. Im trying to get a good team with mics and properly coordinated

Ah, it's score-related-- I was hoping it would be divided into three tiers, like it is in the recipe book scoreboard (fastest teams, highest score, 20 or less cravings). 

I'm still going to try! Don't expect to get very far, though

Just gonna be pretty straight forward with my feedback.

Exclusive skins are gonna be rad for the 1% of people that get them, but it's a huge hit to every other skin collector out there. Without sugar-coating my words I can't say I wanna see this form of prize in the future. The tournament idea is neat, and it's cool you want to reward winners, but in a way it's penalizing everyone else.

That's my bias for someone who collects skins, and doesn't have the prowess nor interest in feebly struggling for a win. I'm sure there are those who love the sound of it, but I personally can't say I do.

14 minutes ago, Remps said:

still hard dude other teams played over than 5 hours and cant get highest score :D think on that 

excatly what I was thinking. My dream already seem to be getting crush by the sense of reality. I'm stil going to aleast try. currently scrambling to form a team XD

6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Just gonna be pretty straight forward with my feedback.

Exclusive skins are gonna be rad for the 1% of people that get them, but it's a huge hit to every other skin collector out there. Without sugar-coating my words I can't say I wanna see this form of prize in the future. The tournament idea is neat, and it's cool you want to reward winners, but in a way it's penalizing everyone else.

That's my bias for someone who collects skins, and doesn't have the prowess nor interest in feebly struggling for a win. I'm sure there are those who love the sound of it, but I personally can't say I do.

Agreed

i like the idea of the top 3 winning teams getting the chests of items. They can get all the items for the event handed to them for doing well, but it's nothign exclusive.

i love collecting the cosmetics. And it still pains me i missed out on the Cherub Heart during that Valentine's day due things beyond my control. And now exclusive tournament skins? =.=

I do appreciate the participation prize, but at the same time, i hope this isn't going to become a common thing for DST.

1 minute ago, SavageLemon said:

Wait guys. don't feel so sad, Joe  said we still a reward for participating in the tournament. 

that doesn't help the collector mind set though xD knowing there is something out there that might potentially be really cool and you will NEVER get it, because it's only for a select handful of individuals

1 minute ago, Jynn said:

Agreed

i like the idea of the top 3 winning teams getting the chests of items. They can get all the items for the event handed to them for doing well, but it's nothign exclusive.

i love collecting the cosmetics. And it still pains me i missed out on the Cherub Heart during that Valentine's day due things beyond my control. And now exclusive tournament skins? =.=

I do appreciate the participation prize, but at the same time, i hope this isn't going to become a common thing for DST.

They're just Gold versions of existing Portraits and icons 

2 minutes ago, Jynn said:

that doesn't help the collector mind set though xD knowing there is something out there that might potentially be really cool and you will NEVER get it, because it's only for a select handful of individuals

oh crrap. your making me all sad now . im somewhat of a collector as well. feebadman 

The grand prize gold thing might be a time limited reward, from what we currently know. If it's reserved for the top 3 players it sounds a bit limiting, yeah. On the other hand, we don't know whether there will be many categories or tiers to compete in.

5 minutes ago, ZomBKiller said:

They're just Gold versions of existing Portraits and icons 

Bronze only gets an icon. If it was say... a rarity, there's no reason bronze wouldn't get a bronze variation of a portrait. It sounds very much like unique icons and portraits.

whats a child account? I buy the game and send a copy to my brother he can to participate of tournament?

Just now, billsends said:

whats a child account? I buy the game and send a copy to my brother he can to participate of tournament?

I believe it's referring to family-sharing. So you can't use one steam account and share the game to someone else.

Archived