The Gorge Tournament

JoeW

3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Give them some time, Chef Ramsey won't let them outta his sight.

that and it's not 11 PST yet.... it's 10:20 PST...

key note, the best coast time zone doesn't use PST

EDIT:  oh wait, my bad, my time's off, yeah 20 minutes late... shame on klei

@Lumina

I agree of the possibility of someone using private mods, but I can't think of any better or more precise information it could provide that the public ones do not already do.  I'm sure that some might think knowing future cravings (i.e. beyond the obvious dessert round every 4th dish) with certainty would be advantageous.  And I don't think that can even be done with hacks.  But to anyone that has already been extensively competing you know the commonplace patterns of 4 serving rounds you'll be getting, so you're already preparing meals in advance, some far in advance of when you can actually cash in on them.  In my opinion it's mostly just quibbling, as any advantage one might truly gain would be marginal at best, in my opinion.  The thing is that many of the people who have not been competitively playing up to this point are mostly naive/ignorant as to what a team has to do in order to be competitive for top scores.  They're late to this element of the game, and they're widely speculating over artificial advantage.

Cheers!

53 minutes ago, Hotblack Desiato 42 said:

Lastly, MrMofolz, it is you who is arguing for a particular position on that matter, and it is you that has failed to provide any solid reasoning for your position.

Appears to me that you're trying to project your own faults upon others. :p

I have given severely valid arguments all against modding being accepted.

1) fruit of the poison tree. knowing things that you shouldn't know that other players under modless status wouldn't know.

2) dynamic actions. taking control out of the players hand and having the CPU function in place causes precise movement, undoable by mankind. aka, basically TAS. Which aren't even allowed as speedruns ironically. so heyooo there's another fun case to be made if you want to go down that route.

3) there's always the case of private mods doing even more illegal objections.

there's 3 prime reasons why mods are bad, to ignore those is to ignore intelligence.

Case Closed. The Judge will now rule in favor of the prosecution.

2 minutes ago, MrMofolz said:

1) fruit of the poison tree. knowing things that you shouldn't know that other players under modless status wouldn't know.

2) dynamic actions. taking control out of the players hand and having the CPU function in place causes precise movement, undoable by mankind. aka, basically TAS. Which aren't even allowed as speedruns ironically. so heyooo there's another fun case to be made if you want to go down that route.

there's 3 prime reasons why mods are bad, to ignore those is to ignore intelligence.

There's nothing you can know with mods that you already know without. 

You do realize that your third point is just plain absurd. The tournaments only happen for the duration of A DAY. You got a snowball's chance in hell of making a good private cheating mod within such a short time-frame.

18 minutes ago, MrMofolz said:

1) Be specific.  What information can any of the mods provide, that players without mods cannot possibly know? What is the exact advantage?

2) LOL  That is complete boulderdash.  I already stated how bot movement in the bot-script mod is not nearly as precise as you seem to think it is.  Yeah running straight into obstacles... so precise.  Don't make me laugh!  I'm also an old school wood chopper that is I hold space and spam click on the trees, and I can fell trees quicker than the bot-scripts.  And I detailed how the bot-scripts for tilling and planting are so impractical, because they follow a specific ordering with the 3 available plots.  Tell you what, you do game with those bot-scripts, I'll do one without, and we'll just see who fares better.

3) Sure there is always that possibility, but again, be specific... What are the advantage gains?  All out cheating and hacking the game?  Think Klei would let that fly?  I guess you never heard the old adage, "Cheaters never prosper." :p

I said it before, I'll say it again.  If you don't do your homework, i.e. strategize, plan, and practice, you're not going to come close in the competition regardless of what aids your are employing.

19 minutes ago, MrMofolz said:

*reads post*
"severely valid arguments":
"fruit of the poision tree"

If I didn't read you previous posts I would think that this is a joke. You don't like mods and thous say "I don't use mods, so others also shouldn't". Why do you think that you should decide what other people should be allowed to do? Klei gave us the steam workshop-support and the freedom of playing with the mods we like (or none, if we prefer). 

I won't repeat the reasons agains your opinion because @Hotblack Desiato 42 explained them very precisely multiple times.

"Case Closed. The Judge will now rule in favor of the prosecution."

You really think you're above others...

This: "Appeasement Points are calculated by adding up all the points from each snackrifice (see below), multiplying by 1000, and then dividing by the total number of seconds spent in the entire match."

This is why longruns won't be an issue, the more time you spend in game, the less points you'll get! 

Not only that, but it also includes no repeat dishes.  So you cannot go past 11 full 4 course servings as there are only 11 desserts.  So the bar is set to at most to the 3rd course of the 12th, and even reaching that length could be tough (a little RNG dependent) as there are only 6 pasta dishes.

21 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

unknown.png

Reveal hidden contents

No seriously, that's a big nono here on the forums, you should probably change it before the mods smite you.

What? Why would I throw a tantrum on you? I don't even know you! It'd be a violation of my personal bubble regardless...but still!

You could've made a more substantiated claim if you'd just said that buying the skin packs funds Klei's further efforts to provide us more content. Because that's the truth, Klei even said so themselves. It costs money to make these events, and they don't want to segregate the community behind an event paywall. That's why they give us the option to buy skins upfront: it directly funds their efforts to give us more stuff.

Hmmm, those quotes were not for you. And you pretty much gave me reason on why ignore people that get mad that the skins are too expensive. First they are optional, second they are just cosmetic. So for someone who have been given content for free, should not throw tantrums over skin prices, or because he/she can't get them all. (: 

21 hours ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

And how exactly do you know what Missatan paid for DST? How exactly do you know that Missatan has experienced 2 years worth of content?

Dunno if just major troll or actually serious questions :D

Archived