The Gorge Event Extended

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

We will be giving out Klei merch, game codes and exclusive portrait backgrounds, icons and more - so make sure you come back here on the 9th for details. 

This will probably be answered the 9th but will the exclusive portrait backgrounds, icons and more be available to everyone or will they be exclusive to participants/winners of the Gorge tournament? I absolutely cannot stand playing games competitively and I would be very dissapointed if I will be missing future DST content, even if it is only cosmetic, because I do not enjoy playing the game a certain way.

i'm a bit sad if special portraits and icons be reserved for those who win xD i can buy what Klei merch i want (and have already, hurray crabbit plush!) but if ther'es a really cool portrait and i'll know i never get it because i'm not one of those pros that can do amazingly fast speed runs, it'll just be disappointing xD 

oh well. I might be better off just avoiding  any images of the rewards or the tournament, that way i don't get envious of the pros who win them =P i know immediatley i cannot compete with the people who have been able to play a lot more than me and have it down to a science. And have friends, i have to play with randoms haha, it's not like I have a well-knit communicating team. We know the people who are going to win are those who have friends that play the game and voice chat =P those of us that have to rely on quick matches are, sadly, probably out of the tournament before it even starts

40 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

This will probably be answered the 9th but will the exclusive portrait backgrounds, icons and more be available to everyone or will they be exclusive to participants/winners of the Gorge tournament? I absolutely cannot stand playing games competitively and I would be very dissapointed if I will be missing future DST content, even if it is only cosmetic, because I do not enjoy playing the game a certain way.

you worded it much better than me. 100% agree, i like having portraits to choose from but i hate competitive playing. I have no friends that play,so i'm already at a severe handicap to those leaderboard winners out there xD

19 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

maybe there will who palyed gorge during torunamant or something like that we can get portrait backgorunds or other items  also winners or winner idk get exclusive klei merch or something like that

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

We will be posting details soon, but for a small teaser - We will be giving out Klei merch, game codes and exclusive portrait backgrounds, icons and more - so make sure you come back here on the 9th for details. 

Can we at least all get a participation trophy? 

Just now, Zeklo said:

>Collector attitude

>Non-competitive attitude

>Things to be collected behind competition

5b3fe828b586c_CharlieConflicted.png.61da8dafb71f0ae33830ac3721b14479.png

you summed it up so simply! I wish i had such a way with words!

maybe the portraits will be for everyone, and the Klei merch is for winners xD

Hey everybody. I am pulling the merch out of the potential prizes because the legalities of sending out prizes without getting tons of lawyers involved isn't something we can do right now.

We will have a participation prize and any prize that is awarded will be likely just be a special version of something otherwise attainable 

13 minutes ago, Jynn said:

you summed it up so simply! I wish i had such a way with words!

maybe the portraits will be for everyone, and the Klei merch is for winners xD

i hope

Just now, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. I am pulling the merch out of the potential prizes because the legalities of sending out prizes without getting tons of lawyers involved isn't something we can do right now.

We will have a participation prize and any prize that is awarded will be likely just be a special version of something otherwise attainable 

Great to hear, thank you. I'm glad it's not all exclusive to just a handful of winners 

1 minute ago, Golodni said:

It's a strange practice to turn a cooperative game into a competition:confused:

Cooperative competition! To be honest, I never really liked the fact that they added a PvP aspect to the game, but that's just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, DarXide said:

Calm down jesus they had a competition already in gorge where the most cravings fulfilled got ranks. The official competition wont be am earth shattering change

Eh? I'm sorry if my post seemed like an angry rant, that's not what I meant at all.

My feelings when posting it was silly/sharing my opinion to Golodni who previously posted.

16 minutes ago, Golodni said:

1 hour ago, DarXide said:

Calm down jesus they had a competition already in gorge where the most cravings fulfilled got ranks. The official competition wont be am earth shattering change

It was just a collection of statistics to understand mistakes and miscalculations. It is hard to believe that it is very fun to cook fried cheese and waffles keeping the hunger counter for 24 hours.
Will be very sad for me to see in the news line that someone died of hunger while playing in the DST.

2 hours ago, timeexplorers said:

Limited edition items that can only be gotten by those who win the tournament, I feel sorry for guy who's gotta try and add those to the skin thread

Maybe the chicken slippers will make a comeback as the grand prize. That would be swell.

19 hours ago, Golodni said:

Pretty much anything could be turned into a competition. People have turned singleplayer games into a competition. Ever heard of speed running?

Archived