Why are event items being turned into skins?

I'm not against these limited events, but I think it's such a shame that the items we see in them get abandoned and turned into worthless skins.

Why not add them to DST? The Forge weapons could have been re-balanced for example (there was a mod that tried doing this, but failed miserably). 

The one I'm fixated on today though, is this

image.png.01fd5d7abe37c1d213c02a6380ff21b5.png

HOW AMAZING WOULD IT BE TO HAVE A SAFE IN DST? When you craft it, you give it a combination or a number code. You can tell other players the code, so only the people you trust can open it. That way, you can store precious items and not have to worry about people stealing them. This is a really annoying issue playing on servers with people you don't know, I always have to waste inventory space carrying gears and gems, because I'm worried that if I leave them in a chest, they are just gonna disappear.  

Also, you could move it like a suspicious marble and maybe with enough gunpowder, you can blow it open. You could get up to all sorts of heist shenanigans. 

But no...It's going to be turned into an Ice Box skin...Because apparently people want a refrigerator that looks like a safe. 

Seriously, am I the only person who thinks this is such a missed opportunity!?!

1. I agree new items based off of the event items would be amazing! I'd love to see the food added to the game as well!
2. Situation "Im gonna hammer this safe until it breaks" sorry, you didn't specify whether the hammer works or not

8 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I'd love to see the food added to the game as well!

YES

8 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

2. Situation "Im gonna hammer this safe until it breaks" sorry, you didn't specify whether the hammer works or not

I hadn't thought about it, but it could be a Stagehand kinda thing, where it takes A LOT of hammering to get it open. 

3 minutes ago, landromat said:

I still hope forge content will come to the constant with new event. Flame biome, enemies etc. It kills me that we have new content for short period of time only and nothing for survival mode

Yeah like seriously this content is literally for 2 weeks there then its gone for unknown duration, I feel bad for the artists that had to draw all of this and then it ends up unused for 99% of the entire year

At least modders work on that stuff :/ but then again they mostly end up making it awful

16 minutes ago, landromat said:

I still hope forge content will come to the constant with new event. Flame biome, enemies etc. It kills me that we have new content for short period of time only and nothing for survival mode

That's the thing, because they make them into skins, there's no hope for that.

You can't have the Infernal Fire Staff in DST, because it's a skin for Fire Staves. 

That's why I hate these skins so much, it just cuts down the opportunity for future content and for what? Stupid and pointless cosmetics. 

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

You can't have the Infernal Fire Staff in DST, because it's a skin for Fire Staves. 

That's why I hate these skins so much, it just cuts down the opportunity for future content and for what? Stupid and pointless cosmetics. 

I mean like I dont mind the infernal staff being a skin, or the hambat stuff, but I mind things like armor skins and as mentioned above the victorian safe. Its sad tho that the Infernal Staff skin doesn't even use the pretty Fire Projectile from the Forge . . .

5 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I mean like I dont mind the infernal staff being a skin, or the hambat stuff, but I mind things like armor skins and as mentioned above the victorian safe. Its sad tho that the Infernal Staff skin doesn't even use the pretty Fire Projectile from the Forge . . .

For me, all I care about is the Pith Pike and Living Staff. Those two I feel could be well balanced and add a lot of new gameplay to DST.

Especially for solo players. It still irks me that bosses like the Bee Queen, can't be fought solo without cheesing it. Forge items could fix that. 

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

For me, all I care about is the Pith Pike and Living Staff. Those two I feel could be well balanced and add a lot of new gameplay to DST.

Especially for solo players. It still irks me that bosses like the Bee Queen, can't be fought solo without cheesing it. Forge items could fix that. 

Living Staff would be amazing, maybe just nerf it a bit but seriously its just a great thing to see introduced
Pith Pike was also a cool item, its been the first ever item to itroduce weapon abilities that weren't just casting
I don't see why some of those items can't be added, there are a lot and I mean a lot of unused items that could use some use
cough cough Irridescent Gem aka Opal cough cough Crafting the Living Staff with some petals, an opal and a spear would be a nice addition and would give you a better reason to break the cold star staff

I'd also love to see you being able to make battle standards for decor purposes that the Crocommanders sent down

27 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I don't care about items being skins. I just want super hot fire realm for survival and maybe enemies.

37 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

Yes klei plz give us permanent content thx <3 

You forgot your signature "don't flame me please" haha

I'm positive that Klei would add some rebalance and new things in the main game. I agree that mega base building and boss rushing get boring and I'm not the PvP- lover. Give the game creators some time and they create awesome, they should if they want to sell their stuff.

They should just make these events annual. I keep repeating this but bringing them back every year on a specific month will really bring activity to the game. Imagine the enemies and food they can add every year like they do with Winter Feast and Hallowed Nights?

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

They should just make these events annual. I keep repeating this but bringing them back every year on a specific month will really bring activity to the game. Imagine the enemies and food they can add every year like they do with Winter Feast and Hallowed Nights?

This is a good idea, but I would also like there to occasionally be something new when they have a good idea.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Honestly, is the Forge really worth playing again?

8 hours ago, landromat said:

I don't care about items being skins. I just want super hot fire realm for survival and maybe enemies.

Could fit as a new cave biome?

25 minutes ago, minespatch said:

In short doses and once a year. People keep requesting it and there's a certain quality of excitement in each round.

This might be a stretch, but it would be cool if you could access it through the server. Like after defeating the Ancient Fuelweaver, you can use the portal to start a match. 

I know it's a stretch. 

50 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

This might be a stretch, but it would be cool if you could access it through the server. Like after defeating the Ancient Fuelweaver, you can use the portal to start a match.

I could see that working similar to the Dragovian Trials from Dragon Quest 8.

3 hours ago, glommerhugger said:

Idk I actually really like the cosmetics. The skins are a lot of fun to collect and to show, especially an Ice Box, since everybody uses that. I get the argument, and that would be cool. But I'm fine the way things are. Annual events sure would be fun, though.

How exactly does it fit with the lore that an Ice Box looks like a safe?

18 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I'm not against these limited events, but I think it's such a shame that the items we see in them get abandoned and turned into worthless skins.

Well, perhaps after the survivors get back to the constant we'll get some content from their travels. 

Archived