[Game Update] - 272331

11 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

In preview.. ^^
Stable branch runs fine..

Ohh, yeah I don't really play preview bc of how often Ive had map breaking bugs and had to start over the last few times. 
But never noticed any real FPS issue. So not sure. Always around 50

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leoroy said:

Another option would be rotten meal lice turn into dirt in compost... I'll probably look for that soon.

Wait ... you dont use dirt for growing your mealice ?

1 hour ago, Kabrute said:

In preview getting 30 fps at cycle 115 with a 3.6 ghz quad core, 16 gb ram and a radeon r7 350
In stable I get 60 fps up to about cycle 200 where my base et all start dragging it down to around 50..

Same here with an i-2500k 32GB ram GTX960 Win 7

• Like 1

Thanks Kabrute, I was looking everywhere in game and the answer was in forum :)

You would not know how to shear the plastic drecko while you're at it?

Does it need taming? rancher room? Then I will have an option in drecko info box?

Spoiler

Long story unshorten: I wall in a glossy drecko, build a rancher room, and while the drecko was 100% for its scales, and then tame, I never had plastic. Then, while setting up the mealwood feeding inside rancher room, I moved the drecko to my farm to avoid it starving. It's back to wild state now, but it's 100% scale to get my first plastic make my drool... and no cue how to collect it.

Edited by Argelle

9 hours ago, alown said:

Wait ... you dont use dirt for growing your mealice ?

You need 30Kg of dirt to obtain meal lice (3 cycles at 10Kg). But a yield is something like 800k calories that turns into more than 30kg of rottten meal lice if I am correct. I don't know the numbers, but I know someone was speaking about that in this same thread. Maybe I missunderstood and it's not dirt positive in fact.

Posting Cycles and the FPS is useless. How big is your base ? How many Dupes u have ? How much is the Map explored ? Without these informations, FPS and System Specs are for the trashcan. A integrated Benchmark were the better choice to compare the system specs with others. And the most of the players don't get the endgame stuff.

14 hours ago, leoroy said:

But a yield is something like 800k calories that turns into more than 30kg of rottten meal lice if I am correct. I don't know the numbers,

Meal lice yields 600 kcal per harvest, which equates to only 1 kg. So you invest 30kg of dirt and get 1kg out of the process: dirt negative :)

10 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

Meal lice yields 600 kcal per harvest, which equates to only 1 kg. So you invest 30kg of dirt and get 1kg out of the process: dirt negative :)

Good to know, anyway, I just prefer to produce my dirt with polluted dirt from sieve. Composting is the thing I don't really like... I've never used it before and no way to automated it. Boiling polluted water can be automated, but I'm pretty sure it is less efficient than purifying.

I forwent this morning a 350 cycles long game (11 dupes) with loading times a bit long (1-2 minutes) but now my new game (4 dupes, cycle 9) is loding real quick (12 sec). Game files are on an SSD disk. So, no long loading times on newly generated map here.

Edited by Argelle

On 6/9/2018 at 6:43 AM, goboking said:

To be frank, some of you just seem resistant to change and a bit miffed that the path of least resistance is not as smooth as it once

This is a matter of play styles.  In CIV there are difficulty levels that allow you to adapt the game to your play style.  I play economic / exploration, I rarely play on the higher difficulty levels because everyone attacks all the time and that's not what makes the game enjoyable to me, I build trade routes not armies.  I play ONI to explore what new cool things I can build, my play style is dependent on stable power.  I don't mind having to work for it a bit, or do an "extra" system to help out ( I always have extra coal generators sitting around to help with power hungry things like aquatuners) but I want to be able to mid game set up a power system that is stable.  Maybe that new system is petroleum?  If so, fine.  But if that is also going to be "balanced" so it's a constant fight to keep enough power, then the game is not fun to me anymore. Does that make me "miffed" at the change?  Well yes, because my play style is different from yours.   I have no problem with balancing it a bit as yes, it was over-powered, but this does more than that, it removes my sage ranch as well which means I need more regular hatch ranches, which means more dupes, more oxygen, more food etc.  This is a very big change. 

Just now, Grimgaw said:

Care to elaborate on this? Last time I checked sage hatches eat more than just fertilizer.

They need a sustainable, renewable food to keep them long term.  Fertilizer was on the list and met those conditions.  I also had to supplement my ONE sage ranch with a full mushroom farm to keep them in food (my dupes were not allowed to eat, it all went to the sages) and I had 9 fertilizer makers going feeding them!  I do not see anything else on their food list that meets the sustainable, renewable criteria.    Maybe I'm mistaken and missed one?  I hope I am. 

I wonder if it would make more sense to feed (sage) hatches actual food like meal lice or bristle berries. Is the equivalent resource mass they consume via food more or less than feeding them dirt or fertilizer (via dirt/pH2o/phosphorite) directly?

Edited by Sevio

I'm getting repeated crashes to desktop with this update, no errors/blackhole.  New map around cycle 115-120.  Any way to upload a 'bug report'/log file of some kind that would help identify the cause?

I did recently get a message in game of a wall tile that is entombed within a couple of cycles of the first crash.  Clicking it takes me near the top of the map in an unexplored region.  Possibly related?

Edited by malloc