[Game Update] - 272331

5 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Any one else experiencing radiator pipes cooking your hydrogen?

if you are finding temps jump(up or down) beyond reasonable range inside pipe  that is a bug the devs seem to be having trouble tracking down so any relevant info would be super handy thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goboking said:

As long as the dirt temperature from composts isn't prohibitively high then I don't see why delivering dirt to a sleet wheat farm is any worse than delivering fertilizer.

It's nos about temperature, it's the amount of dirt requiered. I want to obtain all the dirt requiered for my farm only with water sieve. With 8 wheats, 6 bristle and 6 pincha I would need rougly 3.92Kg/s of polluted water to process. If I only fertilize bristle blossom and skip wheat, I can produce enough food and fertilizer with only 1,35Kg/s of polluted water (which is easy to obtain in my current setup). Another option would be rotten meal lice turn into dirt in compost... I'll probably look for that soon.

Edited by leoroy

14 minutes ago, aymanoracle said:

the most annoying thing is the horizontal air flow change

carobon dioxide is always stuck in some places

13 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Yeah, but now other things play nicer too!

What is the horizontal air flow change? I don't see anything mentioned in the changelog.

Ok just to clear things up:

6 minutes ago, Sevio said:

What is the horizontal air flow change? I don't see anything mentioned in the changelog.

- The change the horizontal gas bias with an older patch not this one.

3 minutes ago, aymanoracle said:

carbon stopped moving right and hydrogen stopped moving left

- CO2 still drifts to the lower right corner and hydrogen to the upper left, just with a lower bias.

There are some nice pictures showing how gas serperates after that patch.

(Feels more realistic to have a layer of CO2 insead of a corner inside my base^^)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lilalaunekuh said:

Ok just to clear things up:

- The change the horizontal gas bias with an older patch not this one.

- CO2 still drifts to the lower right corner and hydrogen to the upper left, just with a lower bias.

There are some nice pictures showing how gas serperates after that patch.

(Feels more realistic to have a layer of CO2 insead of a corner inside my base^^)

Ah thank you, that's good to know. Now that you explain it, it does seem like my gases bunch up less into corners, but it's still useful to have a slight bias to help with natural filtering of Co2 out of my living area.

Power production changes are low priority for me.

Anyone knows why my game is dropping FPS to 19 and below?

11 dupes, some animals and stuff, pretty small base with most stuff in containers.

It should be flying, only 18% CPU used and 26 - 29% GPU. Seems like restarting helps for a while and FPS are going into the range of 30 but the longer you play the worse it gets.

Just now, _Q_ said:

Power production changes are low priority for me.

Anyone knows why my game is dropping FPS to 19 and below?

11 dupes, some animals and stuff, pretty small base with most stuff in containers.

It should be flying, only 18% CPU used and 26 - 29% GPU. Seems like restarting helps for a while and FPS are going into the range of 30 but the longer you play the worse it gets.

The testing stage has additional processes running to help the devs, it bricks your performance.

• Like 1

Just now, watermelen671 said:

25 fps = craptop? 

Jeez, then my laptop must be an ancient Grecian potato! :wilson_ecstatic:

Hide contents

I get ~12 fps if I'm lucky. :3

haha it takes around 1500-2000 cycles before I hit that low tbh.

Just now, Oozinator said:

has not much to do with cycles..

Well by then, my base is usually pretty big and that's the only time I get fps drop. Even with the whole map uncovered. That's what I meant by cycle

3 minutes ago, aymanoracle said:

strange i have a very powerful gaming laptop and i'm always under 25 fps

is that cause i'm playing the preview version? 

Could be. Could also be that gaming laptops arent usually as powerful as desktops. This game is also EA and needs more optimization