Recommended Posts

Yoma_Nosme    283
10 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Compost produces dirt, sleet wheat requires dirt.

Great!

11 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Fertilizer maker is no longer a methane power producer, now it's a fertilizer producer with a specialized recipe

The end of an era...:wilson_camera:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Puft and light bug will swim up through water to avoid drowning.

yaay!

 

13 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Light bug babies should no longer all look the same.

@watermelen671

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    265
Posted (edited)

Wheat needs dirt.  Dirt made in compost.  What do you use to feed the composter?  Only renewable would be something like lice which would be very micro to manually set to compost.  

Now fertilizer is just one to feed berries so is relagated to the unused heap.

Spam pet gens or spam petroleum to magma for Nat gas.

Edited by chemie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R9MX4    752

:olooks like a big change about power supply

 

Will you fix the infinite power source steam turbine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this means never going from outhouses to lavatories...

 

R9MX4: how can you create infinite power with the steam turbine? Don't they take a heat source (and are limited by it's heat output?)

 

1 minute ago, R9MX4 said:

Will you fix the infinite power source steam turbine?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    265

What is the easiest way to cook fertilizer to dirt without making sand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimgaw    224
3 minutes ago, chemie said:

What is the easiest way to cook fertilizer to dirt without making sand?

Why would you want to do such thing when fertilizer just became a very hard thing to make?

4 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

I guess this means never going from outhouses to lavatories...

Water Sieve > Polluted Dirt > Dirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALPHAP2712    1
14 minutes ago, chemie said:

Wheat needs dirt.  Dirt made in compost.  What do you use to feed the composter?  Only renewable would be something like lice which would be very micro to manually set to compost.  

Now fertilizer is just one to feed berries so is relagated to the unused heap.

Spam pet gens or spam petroleum to magma for Nat gas.

Now flitration medlum is unlimited source(form sky..). So

Water sleve> polluted drit>composter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khullag    51
1 minute ago, ALPHAP2712 said:

Now flitration medlum is unlimited source(form sky..). So

Water sleve> polluted drit>composter?

water sieve still is hardcoded to sand, so you can't just use regolith from space biom, first you need to melt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R9MX4    752
7 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

I guess this means never going from outhouses to lavatories...

 

R9MX4: how can you create infinite power with the steam turbine? Don't they take a heat source (and are limited by it's heat output?)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    265
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ALPHAP2712 said:

Now flitration medlum is unlimited source(form sky..). So

Water sleve> polluted drit>composter?

I need to check a current save to see what my dirt inventory looks like.  You could be right that sieves produce enough already.  Now we can't turn PW to power (which I am fine with) I don't see much use for PW so you might as well sieve it for dirt and water.

Otherwise I think a small oil tank heated via a metal refinery set to control tank at 150c will turn fert to dirt.  Temp won't matter if wheat is in planters 

Edited by chemie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    213

Very interesting! Will have to re-think some things, but overall this looks very much like a step in the right direction to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khullag    51
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chemie said:

I need to check a current save to see what my dirt inventory looks like.  You could be right that sieves produce enough already.  Now we can't turn PW to power (which I am fine with) I don't see much use for PW so you might as well sieve it for dirt and water.

can you please maybe give a tip what is most reliable source of PW? i do not have PW geyser and i don't want to be dependant on water geysers... now i see only oil -> petroleum and using petro gens which will output PW, but it's lategame. i need like 1.6 kg/sec of PW

Edited by Khullag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    180
37 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Fertilizer maker is no longer a methane power producer, now it's a fertilizer producer with a specialized recipe

They still emit 10g/s of natural gas(/methane), but my main problem with the new Fertilizer maker is the conversion rate of 120g input into 130g output.

Could we at least conserve the mass here ? (would lower the dirt requirements but that´s just my thoughts)

(PS: There is still some strange stuff happening to my transit tube crossings inside a vacuume)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soulwind    156

 Ok so fert synth doesn't make methane.  Gas geyser isn't usually nearly enough to run gens.  How do we get more methane now?  only cooking oil?  Turns ngg into late game or really not at all as petro is better

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khullag    51
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

 Ok so fert synth doesn't make methane.  Gas geyser isn't usually nearly enough to run gens.  How do we get more methane now?  only cooking oil?  Turns ngg into late game or really not at all as petro is better

actually i agree, nerf to fert synths is good but NG geysers produce too low output. e.g. i have 1 NG geyser on current map and it gives 59 g/sec. and 1 NGG needs 90. i'm not event mentioning the dormant period...

Edited by Khullag
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michi01    1,758
1 minute ago, Soulwind said:

 Ok so fert synth doesn't make methane.  Gas geyser isn't usually nearly enough to run gens.  How do we get more methane now?  only cooking oil?  Turns ngg into late game or really not at all as petro is better

I think the geysers could use a bit of a buff or they could reduce the consumption of the generators again.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    265
1 minute ago, Khullag said:

can you please maybe give a tip what is most reliable source of PW? i do not have PW geyser and i don't want to be dependant on water geysers... now i see only oil -> petroleum and using petro gens which will output PW, but it's lategame. i need like 1.6 kg/sec of PW

What do you need the PW for now?  I think showers and biodistillers are only other producers

3 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

 Ok so fert synth doesn't make methane.  Gas geyser isn't usually nearly enough to run gens.  How do we get more methane now?  only cooking oil?  Turns ngg into late game or really not at all as petro is better

I was thinking same thing.  Nat gas geysers are usually useless and without a buff you ignore nat gas and spam pet gens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimgaw    224
4 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Ok so fert synth doesn't make methane.  Gas geyser isn't usually nearly enough to run gens.  How do we get more methane now?  only cooking oil?  Turns ngg into late game or really not at all as petro is better

Last time I checked Oil well and Oil Refinery also output NG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khullag    51
1 minute ago, chemie said:

What do you need the PW for now?  I think showers and biodistillers are only other producers

shower does not produce PW. it takes 1 kg of clean water and outputs 1 kg of PW. its just and exchange. i'm talking about refining any resource and getting PW. (oil-> petro and petro gens as example). biodistillers are also on my radar but to make it work i need like 36 pufts and enormous amount of PO which i also do not have :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    180

Like I said above fert synthesizers still produce 10g/s of natural gas/methane.

 

19 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

I guess this means never going from outhouses to lavatories...

But I don´t like the way this effects our bathrooms ^^ (Now we have a bigger need for dirt so outhouses could raise in popularity.)

=> Please rebalance the outhouse/lavatory situation

(without the old fert synthesizers the polluted water gain using lavatories lost a bit of it´s charm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    265
Just now, Khullag said:

shower does not produce PW. it takes 1 kg of clean water and outputs 1 kg of PW. its just and exchange. i'm talking about refining any resource and getting PW. (oil-> petro and petro gens as example). biodistillers are also on my radar but to make it work i need like 36 pufts and enormous amount of PO which i also do not have :)

So again, why do you need so much PW?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now