[Game Update] - 271819

• Developer
  • More comet SFX tuning. 
  • Space sound tuning.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when ranching.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when auto wrangling.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if you loaded a custom world which had no Printer in it.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when Duplicants are walking near the top of the Simulation grid.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when placing buildings using the sandbox tools.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if a wire was targeted for overloading on the same frame it was deconstructed.
  • Fixed a race condition that could cause a crash when submitting the simulation texture data to the gpu.
  • Fixed some crashes that could occur by using some debug keys in the main menu.
  • Fixed Outhouse tooltips.
  • Fixed element consumption tooltips on buildings.
  • Shower no longer claims that it can fabricate things.
  • Research center descriptions can now be fully translated.
  • Creature decor contribution is no longer called "debris".
  • Surface world gen tuning.
  • Walls are easier to build.
  • Walls are part of the home luxuries tech.
  • "Don't show again" is now translatable.
  • Fixed world generation issues on Linux machines using different locales.

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Could you specify what has changed ? (and if it would be recommended to start a new map to contribute with testing)

There's more space at the top and the noise pattern has changed, but it shouldn't affect the tuning or experience up there very much so no need to start a new map unless you just want to see it. :)

• Thanks 2

DEVs if you see this - can you please give some info about any of these points below?

- Steel production now is insanely tedious because of huge amounts of eggs needed for even single bunker door (imho lime should be removed from steel production or be produced from something else than eggs or bump conversion rates of eggs -> lime). Initially on CU beta I produced bunker doors with Iron (as it was possible back then), but now when it allows only steel as material - it's just insane and not worth it = either ignore whole biom or debug mode enabled (and I personally do not use debug  - feels dirty :) )

- Solar panels are not rewarding for all the efforts to build them (and properly protect). E.g 5 solar panels will result in max 1100 W and will require tonns of steel to protect (and tonns of steel - look at point #1 - will require GAZILLION of eggs). So basically if you want to use space biom game narrows down to Egg Simulator. Also most of the power will be drained by satellites and bunker doors. As other option I can just build self-powering oxy room and use tinkered hydro generator with 1200 W from it (also some extra hydro will power second hydro gen from time to time). As third example - I've build an oil -> petro power plant with petrolium generators which outputs 7200 W when tinkered. And it has endless input (1 Oil Well + 1 Oil Geyser is enough for me).

- Please exclude Egg Shells from Compost "menu" - it's extremly annoying that so precious material (look at point #1) gets reprocessed in a blink of an eye....

And I don't get the argument usually said when you see people not happy about solar panels: "It's a late game addition and it should not be the goal but just a nice thing to add". But cmon - if it requires SO much hassle why even bother with it and what to strive for? If it's later in Tech tree - it SHOULD be more optimal/better way of doing stuff.

Thanks in advance.

BTW thanks for walls! :D

Edited by Khullag
  • Like 4

Thanks for the text and translation fixing! But there're still some issues I found after the hotfix.

9atgr7.png

The deodorizer has the same requirement and effect that consuming polluted oxygen.

I think it should belong to the requirement, because it needs polluted oxygen to run. No running, no effects it will have.

11bj3o4.png

Auto inputs and outputs have the same text.

ajtgrq.png

Well, not only the research center but the outhouse has the same issue. It should be my fault that I didn't post a pic at that time, sorry.

Edited by Xyangy87

So some suggestions about the way the cosmic update is going:

1. The egg shells need to produce steel seems fine for me after some testing. (But just if I don´t build compost. To much work to ensure no egg shells will be carried to my compost). If you want to cover the whole upper asteroid with bunker doors you  just need a full pacu stable and 210 cycles time. (For a big endgame project like this I would say that´s a good timeframe. Just don´t build a compost and your expansion will result  many egg shells produced by wild critters. So when your ready to expand to the top you should have some lime laying around)

=> Would love to have more control over the compost (would love 3 options: polluted dirt/compostable/egg shells)

2. So when solar panels emitted 45W of heat they were more usefull for heating purposes than producing energy. But without any heat generation, there is no reason to not spamm these panels in every shine bug stable. (or the 2,5W of free energy with 2 panels next to the printing pod^^)

Sure even a little heat generation makes the panels much harder to use, but with the "wall" building this should be no real problem anymore.

3.Shouldn´t a iron rich rock be more conductive ? (Mixing some iron with igneous rock shouldn´t have a lower conductivity than normal igneous rock)

My concerns are that there is no scenario where you would want to use mafic rock instead of something else. (Except Hatch food / Building material shortages) So sedementary rock is the only material right now with no real use-case (Obsidian has the same properties just a higher melting point) and I would prefer if mafic rock would be usefull for something.

(Maybe a raw mineral with >2 conductivity or some added decor ... / just find a way to distinguish mafic rock from the already infinite igneous rock)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xyangy87 said:

The deodorizer has the same requirement and effect that consuming polluted oxygen.

I think it should belong to the requirement, because it needs polluted oxygen to run. No running, no effects it will have.

The first line relates to the conversion from the inventory. The second line relates to the collection from the environment.
Definitely could be represented better.

2 minutes ago, Risu said:

The first line relates to the conversion from the inventory. The second line relates to the collection from the environment.
Definitely could be represented better.

I agree. But if so, the tooltips should be improved because they are same.

4 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

3.Shouldn´t a iron rich rock be more conductive ? (Mixing some iron with igneous rock shouldn´t have a lower conductivity than normal igneous rock)

My concerns are that there is no scenario where you would want to use mafic rock instead of something else.

The moment I saw it, I was pretty sure that the whole idea of mafic rock was supposed to be labor-heavy conversion of rock to sand+iron. Basically a low grade iron source (as opposed to high grade iron ore) to function as labor sink in late game when you have 10 dupes with 4 of them idling.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

.. to function as labor sink in late game when you have 10 dupes with 4 of them idling.

Mhh i don't like "time sinks" like that in games.
So far i don't see any benefit from using the new solar/biome stuff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

So some suggestions about the way the cosmic update is going:

1. The egg shells need to produce steel seems fine for me after some testing. (But just if I don´t build compost. To much work to ensure no egg shells will be carried to my compost). If you want to cover the whole upper asteroid with bunker doors you  just need a full pacu stable and 210 cycles time. (For a big endgame project like this I would say that´s a good timeframe. Just don´t build a compost and your expansion will result  many egg shells produced by wild critters. So when your ready to expand to the top you should have some lime laying around)

=> Would love to have more control over the compost (would love 3 options: polluted dirt/compostable/egg shells)

I don't understand why your are having trouble with controlling where egg shells go, it's just a matter of creating a crusher with high priority that creates lime on continuous.

My compost never receive any egg shells.

1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

Why do people even use a composter...

e.g. I always build a toilet loop with water sieve which produces enough clean water (but with germs) from polluted water to supply all toilets/showers I need and also some extra clean water is being pulled from this system with little automation, and for water sieve you need a compost. also it's needed just for case if some food rottens. and regarding other person saying about rock crusher with higher prio - maybe you haven't payed attention at your eggs but it does not work always smootly - if you have a burst of egg shells and 9 prio rock crusher, dups will load it up to some limit and the rest will go into compost even if it's 1 prio or whatever. so still annoying that we can't control such a simple thing with such precious material

Edited by Khullag

1 minute ago, Khullag said:

e.g. I always build a toilet loop with water sieve which produces enough clean water (but with germs) from polluted water to supplu all toilets/showers I need and also some extra clean water is being pulled from this system with little automation, and for water sieve you need a compost. also it's needed just for case if some food rottens. and regarding other person saying about rock crusher with higher prio - maybe you haven't payed attention at your eggs but it does not work always smootly - if you have a burst of egg shells and 9 prio rock crusher dups will load it up to some limit and the rest will go into compost even if it's 1 prio or whatever. so still annoying that we can't control such a simple thing with such precious material

I suppose different people different builds XD, I either just let my polluted dirt offgas or feed it to hatches, more recently it just offgasses, and then when i switch to toilets I just boil the water by sinking heat into it.

Just now, BlueLance said:

I suppose different people different builds XD, I either just let my polluted dirt offgas or feed it to hatches, more recently it just offgasses, and then when i switch to toilets I just boil the water by sinking heat into it.

sure :) but i guess simple setting on compost building for type of compostable (polluted dirt/food/egg shells) would be benefitial for everyone

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

The moment I saw it, I was pretty sure that the whole idea of mafic rock was supposed to be labor-heavy conversion of rock to sand+iron. Basically a low grade iron source (as opposed to high grade iron ore) to function as labor sink in late game when you have 10 dupes with 4 of them idling.

Why?  I have never run out of iron or gold ore up to now....

3 hours ago, Miravlix said:

I don't understand why your are having trouble with controlling where egg shells go, it's just a matter of creating a crusher with high priority that creates lime on continuous.

My compost never receive any egg shells.

Yeah thought the same, tested it with one or two egg shells and thought it would work. (Rock granulator priority 8 and compost priority 7)

The rock granulator will just receive 5kg of lime and waits for a duplicant crushing the egg shells.

Let´s say you got 4kg egg shells already inside your rock granulator and a pacu hatches. Now you got 2 Kg shells laying around, which will start 2 deliviery orders: 1. 1Kg egg shells to the rock granulator and 2. 1Kg egg shells to the compost (only other available place)

2 hours ago, BlueLance said:

I suppose different people different builds XD, I either just let my polluted dirt offgas or feed it to hatches, more recently it just offgasses, and then when i switch to toilets I just boil the water by sinking heat into it

Just started the offgassing of polluted dirt again ...