2 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

I assume The Gnaw is that big jaw on The profile portrait, and we have to throw The food into it, or it'll do something very not nice to The team.

Like make people sick (with the plague that killed most of the native goats) or just straight up eat them.

47 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

So everyone… Do you think Gnaw would have some kind of boss?

Or would it be just a "cook as fast as you can and prey that beast won't eat you" kind of win?

from what i think you put food on something and the gnaw comes from the sky or something and eats it? pretty sure the story must be more interesting than just give food 

1 minute ago, crystal_clodet said:

pretty sure the story must be more interesting than just give food 

The silencefrom devs  and different locations is pretty telling that Klei is doing more for this. Forge seemed kind of small in comparison but it looks like there's more locations in this event.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

The silencefrom devs  and different locations is pretty telling that Klei is doing more for this. Forge seemed kind of small in comparison but it looks like there's more locations in this event.

just want more ruins and how the grue came to be lore within the event

4 minutes ago, SpikeGuy said:

I'm guessing that the Gnaw is just going to sit in front of its altar and demand food, given the Altar of Gnaw profile background:

image.png

but what are those markings?

I really hope it’s not just another boss fight. I’d like some new environments to explore with new threats and resources, not just a boring arena, and challenges that test more than combat skills. I wouldn’t mind tasks like “You need to kill X animal so that you can cook X dish with its meat” or stuff along those lines, but something that requires more ingenuity than a boss fight.

1 hour ago, crystal_clodet said:

maybe the devs language like the metheus puzzles

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

And the pig letters in the Hamlet ruins.

I checked those two places, and it looks like those ones and the ones on the Gnaw's altar are two different sets of runes. Strangely enough, the Hamlet and Metheus runes seem to be of the same set.

Here's a picture of that promotional screenshot and a reference sheet of Metheus runes I found on an old thread for reference:

image.jpeg

image.png

I think the goat creatures are an interesting addition to the game, since goats are often used for satanic symbolism. Maybe a foreshadowing or reference to sacrifice? Whether that be the food or players, I wouldn't know. But I'm curious to see what their role is in the game.

1 hour ago, SpikeGuy said:

image.jpeg

image.png

Nah, man, you're trying to hard to connect unrelated things.

unknown.png
This is a generic spiral.
unknown.png
This is a dragonfruit.
unknown.png
This is a snout.
unknown.png
This is a crescent moon.
unknown.png
This is fire.
unknown.png
This is either a hoof or a hat.

15 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

I assume The Gnaw is that big jaw on The profile portrait, and we have to throw The food into it, or it'll do something very not nice to The team, like eating The Cooks (us) instead of offered food.

Don't forget about it's horrible plague

Archived