Ok so let's now talk about the event. We know that it'll have something to do with cooking and appeasing a beast. I think it'll be something like this:

Players in an area with that giant purple wormhole in the middle. 5 goats/sheep/rams roaming the area. Someone will have to get ingredients and deliver them to people cooking, other will feed the beast with meals. As the game progreses ingredients will be harder to get (tougher enemies to kill, vegetables growing slower/ needing more manure). If beast is not fed it'll eat goats. When it eats all goats it'll start to eat players. Game ends when all players have been eaten. You win by cooking special meal that'll kill the beast.

At least that's how I imagine it.

Edit: Also I think that there will be achivements like (win without losing a goat) and that chatacters will have special abilities (Wx-78: gets 1 free hit from the beast by shocking it)

43 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Ok so let's now talk about the event. We know that it'll have something to do with cooking and appeasing a beast. I think it'll be something like this:

Players in an area with that giant purple wormhole in the middle. 5 goats/sheep/rams roaming the area. Someone will have to geat ingredients and deliver them to people cooking, other will feed the beast with meals. As the game progreses ingredients will be harder to get (tougher enemies to kill, vegetables growing slow). If beast is not fed it'll eat goats. When it eats all goats it'll start to eat players. Game ends when all players have been eaten. You win by cooking special meal that'll kill the beast.

At least that's how I imagine it.

Edit: Also I think that there will be achivements like (win without losing a goat) and that chatacters will have special abilities (Wx-78: gets 1 free hit from the beast by shocking it)

Yes, you could figured it out. 

Okay, here I have 2 theories how the event could work because goats are associated with devils:

1) Sheep and goat theory: The players are "sheeps" because sheeps are easy and loyal. We know the survivors work for Charlie (albeit they could do it unknowingly) in the Forge. The goats are the opponents of the event.

or

2)Goats are known to eat "everything" (IRL they just digging through trash) and they symbolize devils. You can sell your soul to devils. In this event the goats trade gold for food. Either these stylish herbivore merms and omnivore werepigs or this wormhole are trying to steal the food. I assume the goats are victims of something - maybe famine? - due the mourning sculptures.

3 hours ago, Mr. Matt said:

ya know wheres minespatch when you need him

We are noticing increased spikes in our paranormal activity readings since yesterday evening. It could suggest that another dimension is trying to establish a connection with ours. At this point it has become difficult to discern elevations from our normal paranormal activity but we're still hoping for the best.

5b06771bb6c15_Screenshot-2018-5-24DontStarveTogetherGeneralDiscussion.thumb.png.82ff086a4bba455b38e501fb2b5c9566.png

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Now maybe I'm just overreacting but I think the -whatever world event will take place in- seems like Hamlet. Pigeon icon, merms with moustache and clothes, skins for chatacters like they're from 1900 (or whatever period that design is from)

1837-1901, or maybe 1832-1901.  So you're not wrong, barely.  Of course, the William Carter puzzles start 6 months into the Edwardian era and end in 1906, so I hate to break it to you, but Maxwell already has a canonical Victorian outfit: the unshadow suit.  He was, eh... not dapper.

3 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

1837-1901, or maybe 1832-1901.  So you're not wrong, barely.  Of course, the William Carter puzzles start 6 months into the Edwardian era and end in 1906, so I hate to break it to you, but Maxwell already has a canonical Victorian outfit: the unshadow suit.  He was, eh... not dapper.

Ok... 
But my main point was that it reminds me of Hamlet (dlc)

I don't understand why everyone (almost) thinks that the event icon #2 is tentacle. For me it looks like a vine, I imagine Gnaw as carnivorous plant, something like Nepenthes villosa. Addition, in victorian era lived Charles Darwin who experimented with carnivorous plants, maybe new boss'll be some failed experiment? :D

Edit: The Drosera is a carnivorous plant that grows on bog.

Spoiler

800px-Kinabalu_villosa_plants_50.jpg

7 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

I don't understand why everyone (almost) thinks that the event icon #2 is tentacle. For me it looks like a vine, I imagine Gnaw ad carnivorous plant, something like Nepenthes villosa. Addition, in victorian era lived Charles Darwin who experimented with carnivorous plants, maybe new boss'll be some failed experiment? :D

Edit: The Drosera is a carnivorous plant that grows on bog.

Hide contents

800px-Kinabalu_villosa_plants_50.jpg

Could be possible its related to that

4 minutes ago, Thieverpedia said:

Oh, god...that Explorer skin is so ugly. Why didn't they just add orange gems to the goat eyes? It looks as bad as the Ancient skin for the explorer and the lost hook :c

cause it is

I think it might be a bit similar to Forge mixed with cooking, like there is some kind of cook pot in the middle and waves of enemies appear that drop ingredients, and maybe you have to get enough ingredients within a certain time limit/the wave ends when you get enough ingredients.

I think people are vastly underestimating how expansive this event will be. Just in the portrait frames, we can already see four unique areas. A marsh, a rundown town, a cemetery, and a "sugarwood" forest. I really doubt this will be anything like the forge.

7 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

I think people are vastly underestimating how expansive this event will be. Just in the portrait frames, we can already see four unique areas. A marsh, a rundown town, a cemetery, and a "sugarwood" forest. I really doubt this will be anything like the forge.

I thought that these will be just places someone will have to run to to get ingredients. Like y'know:
Maxwell standing next to crockpots cooking stuff. Wx running to the berries area. Wolfgnag going to a marsh to kill some creatures and get meat. Winona checking if vegetable have grown in another area. And wes going to another place to feed the Gnaw

11 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

O H  B O Y am I excited for all the salt that's coming pun not intended

emoji_salt.png.53c9ee4c9ff005bed705d23d0dbd948b.png

11 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Yea… I can already see the "Joing only if you're lvl 50" or "Password is key ingredient in waffles"

Uh...milk? Eggs? Flour? Uh...chocolate chips? :wilson_dorky:

I started digging around in a backup of those files
profileflairs.png
The Food names:
cheesecake
crabcake
crabroll
croquette
fishpie
grilledcheese
jellyroll
meatpie
pizza
potroast
pudding
roastedveggies
spaghettiandmeatballs
steakfrites
stuffedmushroom
trifle
turnipcake
berrytart
carrotcake
cheeseburger

The Other Things:
victorian_boar
victorian_coppercoin
victorian_goatkid
victorian_goatmom
victorian_goldcoin
victorian_merm
victorian_merm2
victorian_pigeon
victorian_safe
victorian_silvercoin

True Names:
profileflair_victorian_boar = "Swamp Pig",
profileflair_victorian_coppercoin = "Three Pennies",
profileflair_victorian_goatkid = "Billiam The Kid",
profileflair_victorian_goatmom = "Mumsy",
profileflair_victorian_goldcoin = "Three Pounds",
profileflair_victorian_merm = "Sammy",
profileflair_victorian_merm2 = "Pipton",
profileflair_victorian_pigeon = "Pigeon",
profileflair_victorian_safe = "Safe",
profileflair_victorian_silvercoin = "Three Shillings",

Purchaseable packs:
victorian_all; for all character sets
victorian_items; for all the victorian item skins
victorian_[character]; for a specific character victorian set

Names for the skin items:
cane_victorian = "Goatshead Cane",
orangestaff_victorian = "The Victorian Explorer",
cookpot_tureen = "Tureen",
firepit_victorian = "Victorian Hearth",
icebox_victorian = "Victorian Ice Box",
hambat_potroast = "Pot Roastbat",

All I could find so far

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Im gonna guess the "Gnaw" is perhabs the true tentacle monster underneath our feet in the caves

Since we need to feed it might be some kind of an Wormhole

Archived