When is the next patch preview?

16 minutes ago, enragedcamel said:

Most recent patch was released 3/22.

It has been over 3 weeks.

Patches were supposed to come every month, with beta branches updating about halfway through.

Is this game being neglected again?

Maybe they want MK2 to finish first, as it's not like the other updates. It's a two part update.

If you look in game, it shows next update in 2 weeks 2 days. Meaning that it is a 6 week cycle again.

Yes they did say at one point they wanted to get updates out faster at 4, but they felt they needed the extra weeks for these updates at least. I didn't see the change either, but I could have missed it. I always just look at the counter in game though, its usually accurate.

Which means preview should come out this Thurs.

4 hours ago, enragedcamel said:

Patches were supposed to come every month, with beta branches updating about halfway through.

Patches are scheduled for release every six weeks, with a beta branch usually being made available two weeks before the patch goes live.

4 hours ago, enragedcamel said:

Quite the opposite, actually.  You're just misinformed on the release schedule, which has been very ambitious.

39 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

When was the first time?

I seem to recall regular updates for a long time now.

Last summer updates slowed down to a crawl, and after a certain point even Klei had to publicly admit it was slower than they wanted and promised to accelerate release cadence.

2 minutes ago, enragedcamel said:

Last summer updates slowed down to a crawl, and after a certain point even Klei had to publicly admit it was slower than they wanted and promised to accelerate release cadence.

It's half way through April. Give them a break :p 

1 hour ago, withers said:

I'm starting a resistance movement!  They told us they would push new content every six weeks.  But it's now been THREE WEEKS and nothing.

How dare they!  

LOL

Also, look at my title. Have had that for ages without anyone noticing.

22 hours ago, enragedcamel said:

Most recent patch was released 3/22.

It has been over 3 weeks.

Klei do a huge work to provide one real content patch each month. Try to find another game in EA that give that.

22 hours ago, enragedcamel said:

You can check when the next patch is supposed to land by just starting up the game. The schedule is six weeks, by the way.

ZqpcTlm.png

What do you expect for the next patch? New creatures? Only some tweaks about Ranching? Others?

Personnaly, I'd like more creatures, more water, wilder map, make some useless machines usefull, add more "end game" content. And for the future patches : explosion, noise, irradation (already have some radioactive rocks in Dev mode), nuclear energy, world event, agressive monsters.

8 hours ago, SamLogan said:

What do you expect for the next patch? New creatures? Only some tweaks about Ranching? Others?

Personnaly, I'd like more creatures, more water, wilder map, make some useless machines usefull, add more "end game" content. And for the future patches : explosion, noise, irradation (already have some radioactive rocks in Dev mode), nuclear energy, world event, agressive monsters.

Noise is in the code as negative decoration, and what radioactive rocks are there?

As already mentioned the release schedule is 6 weeks (which doesnt mean that delays can happen).

Additionally you might want to keep in mind that there are human beings at work here, who (most likely) enjoy to have a normal work-week meaning that weekend means weekend. So basically all work that is being done happens from monday to friday. This rules out monday and friday for pontential days for a release, since mondays are not exactly famous for their effect on quality and friday products are usually stitched with a hot needle.

This leaves 3 week-days for a potential release at klei's disposal with a balance between preparing (more days before the release) and fixing (more days after the release).

The last time it was a thursday (preview) release, which was perfectly fit a release tomorrow. In other words: the choice is quality at delivery.

Occupational: thursday.

Tubular: thursday.

Automation: Tuesday actually.

Oil: Friday.

Thermal: Wednesday.

As you can see, the most recent preview updates have been released on a pretty stable schedule and arrive usually on thursday. No need to be alarmed.

Archived