Insanity!

I honestly think Klei did a good job with this insanity. I know what it's like to be truly insane, and quite often I see things that aren't really there and I fear them, or fight them like Russell Crowe. Or it could just be my wife constantly drugging me up....

But in all honesty, the true definition of insanity is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. Many people think that to be insane it must mean that you are crazy, but that is not the case.

But being what most people think insanity means, this game does a good job of displaying it now, but in reality being insane is far different.

Just my $0.02

I did about the same as 24kgoldring, except had a brain cramp & didn't put on armor. Died & resurrection through effigy is an interesting experience. Was still quite insane, not 0, but not good, had mind monsters chasing me, & of course, nothing in inventory. Very exciting. Loving the screen edge squigggles.

thanks to the insanity patch the game is now harder but a balanced harderI tried being insane and its a nope so with the now having to sleep to not be insane I am now having to scrounge for food a lot more ... (you know you are hungry when you consider picking a fight with a tall bird for food especially when like me you prefer not to be anywhere near the beasties)also there seems to be a less insane amount of spider nests around or they are not as clumped up anymore (only seen 6 compared to last patches 12+)and now some useful data for gameplay/wiki (in spoiler for the stick-in-the-muds who hate sharing tips) i dont likefiguring out everything on my own

tipsgravedigging -10 sanity per gravepig men and beefalo have no sanity effectspiders, tentacles, and ghosts drain sanity when near closer they are the faster the drain(the sanity meter is a great way to detect and avoid tentacles during the day

:D)cooked morsels and meat heal sanity a bitmonster meat drains sanity as well as health while insane rabbits are freaky looking

also I think i saw a beardling? it was a flickering thing like the shadow monsters but small and it reminded me of a soot sprite from totoro and spirited away (eather way it was attackable and fast)post-7492-13764590994846_thumb.jpgbeardlings they look like this but bigger (rabbit sized)

Edited by stormfront

• Developer

The particular tuning of the sanity rates and thresholds is very much a "best guess" on my part. I'm actually watching how people play over the next couple of days to see if we need to adjust things.So far so good, so far :)

The particular tuning of the sanity rates and thresholds is very much a "best guess" on my part. I'm actually watching how people play over the next couple of days to see if we need to adjust things.So far so good, so far :)

Keep it like that. I think it's totally balanced. Maybe needs more hallucinations, tough. Like you see yourself having 3 health, but in reality you have full health. And sanity should deplete faster the more hungry you are.

The darkness fell upon my camp, and I was forced to eat some Monster Lasagna.Then things got REAL. Or should I say fake?I am not sure if it was sanity, but my Pig buddy Otto went feral. I do not remember him eating any monster meat, and it was not a full moon.

Edited by Adinxs

I think the flowers are balanced. At first I thought not, because after 6 days I was still at 90 because flowers, but when I tried to make a bee farm at day 9 (to make candy) I found that I had screwed myself over and there were no more flowers. I had to go far to collect butterflies, which was kind of dangerous, hehehe.Also, most epic combo ever:Eat a monster lasagna, then a taffy, then two seeds. The monster lasagna is great for hunger, the taffy helps hunger more and also repairs that lasagna damage, and the seeds do healing. ^.^

Seems pretty good to me, I make it so killing non aggressive creatures like pigs, rabbits and birds drain it a bit though. The pigs anyway because they are civilized folk, its almost like killing other people to survive.

So let me guess, not only do I spend 100% of my time trying to find food, but now I have to fight insanity too? I have to say this is just too much. This game has gotten sadistically cruel. I'm afraid I'll be moving on to something.... fun... Damn shame too.

But...it's currently pretty damn easy to keep your hunger bar filled.