Screenshot showcase

Catcoons:  Now available in spearmint!

mintkitties.png.737d58cad55353f2546093a869fcdff4.png

aka these are the same green kitties from the "Tea and Trees" mod I showed before, but I'd never seen them under the winter lighting before.  It turns them MINTY!  :D

springiscoming.png.7dbb66bf1be141689967697da882e372.png

Hey!  Hey!  Hey!  Didja know it's almost spring?  It's almost spring, says my camp.  VERY LOUDLY.

(but seriously, if you like to randomise the seasons like a crazy person the way I do, having trees nearby that change is really handy and a more, well, natural way of figuring it out than being outright told by a mod.  : P)

And last but not least...

thatsabigtree.png.9627fddedb9f8d67ca8934a44db67608.png

No, you're not seeing that wrong, no it's not a weird camera angle, and no I didn't mess with the console.  That tree is literally TOO.  TALL.  FOR THE SCREEN.  The tippy-top won't show at the same time as the bottom of the trunk does, without the ability to zoom out farther than the game normally allows.  Now that?  (tips head backwards trying to look up at it)  That's a big tree, right there.

This and the previous picture involve mods (obviously) in this case called "Evergreens 2gether" and "Big Birch Trees Together".  I've been trying them on an experimental server, and I gotta say...despite the unfortunately stretched textures, I kinda like 'em.  It makes the Don't Starve forests look like proper, ancient, undisturbed _forests_, the kind that don't care a BEEP about you.  Proper Mirkwood, Grimm's Fairy Tales stuff--or in other words, perfect for the Don't Starve atmosphere.  And weirdly enough, even though they're quite OLD mods, they're playing nice so far with not only the new game code but also a butt-ton other mods.  (I did say this was my experimental server.) 

The bigger trees do drop more logs and yes, I assume they can also spawn the scariest treeguards ever*...

...Notorious

*Apparently, there's also a singleplayer version of this mod that, if you have Shipwrecked, hits the palm trees as well.  Oh, goody.  Five GIGANTIC palmguards all throwing coconuts at me with infinite range--how did you _know_ it was my birthday?  : P (not really)

image.thumb.png.f9149ee6ea71297aa130d0c5d0d6d875.png

1. Obvious Monty Python
  2. Managed to screencap at right moment.
  3. fish puns
  4. dance to damnation
  5. I missed the moment to screencap
  6. the Constant fitness club.
  7. Me and a stranger dealt with a griefer and we couldn't kill ourselves...
  8. One victory tonight.
  9. I scare a stranger.

At this point, the gateway has turned into a table.  : P

As for the lava pool being right next to a pond, that's not balance. That would cause what we call "steam".  Which is, appropriately, also the name of the platform you're playing the game on!  Possibly.

(but seriously the heat from the lava pool would probably vaporise the oasis pond.  Who knew the Dragonfly wanted her own sauna?  I gotta say, that is the MOST mashed-together desert I have ever seen...)

...Notorious

(dies laughing) I love the "paaaaart of your woooorllld" bit.  XD

So, did Winona get the hose again?  Serves her right, dressing up like a train robber like that.  ;)

(yes I know it's supposed to be like, an engineer or somesuch but it also looks like an Old West train robber to me!  Heh.)

...Notorious

image.thumb.png.7e0f751a6ff29e4b484aeeca145c5fe0.png

1. TFW you're ignored by music memes
  2. puuuuns
  3. I roleplay Woodie
  4. No one started the fire, It was always burning  Since the Gnaw's been turning us into Merms
  5. I shoveled all the signs, and since no one used them as fuel, I screenshotted.
  6. Pepemerm
  7. Willow ran around me in circles in her underwear.
  8. All three of us cringed at the pun from number 2.
  9. WX IS THE FASTEST THING ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVE HES THE FASTEST THING ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
  10. The pain
  11. I recreate the quartet scene from Titanic.
  12. Wilson's done this rodeo for too long.
  13. Friend thought the monocle pig was gone but here he is.,
  14. Wes isn't approving his JAreth cosplay. Guess Klei needs to add codpieces in future skin updates.
  15. I came in late due to the game kicking me out, so I crie. I crie a lot.
  16. Razzle dazzle 'em.
  17. So... That's what Piggsbury's nose looks like underneath.

Mmm.  Flour and milk.  Delicious.  At least you're also bringing money.  : P

Hey Minespatch?  I love your little collages full of jokes but...sometimes it's hard to tell which part goes to which note, especially since even when you click on it it doesn't blow up all that big.  Some are obvious, but others...I'm scratching my head trying to figure out which part of the picture you're referring to.

That said, "THE FASTEST THING ALIIIIIIIVE" cracked me up.  Also "Willow runs past me in her underwear."  XD  I've got that problem too--no, not running around in my underwear, or being run _around_ by women in their underwear (many would consider that last one not a problem)--but that I've got the fancy head of a set without any of the other bits, so whenever I put it on Willow runs around in a grey slip.  Heh.  Which is why I wanted the mourning dress, because then Shadow Willow would have SOMEthing shadowy to wear.

Oh, and in case you didn't see on the other forum:

gorgewin.png.c63de3bf791fd332a5f598b066c96cee.png

WE FINALLY WON!  Sorry there's nothing on the portal.  I know that's all the rage these days, but, ya know, call me old-fashioned...

And by "we", I mean only two of us.

twoferhaha.png.3029c462ee8567a61cbc3271e8faac8a.png

Ha ha.  :)  Yeah, people are doing solo runs, but for my very FIRST victory to be missing a player...

And then, the game (again) tried to tell me that I really should be maining Wickerbottom:

blackwidowwickerbottom.png.cfd4f57fa11af368c2cbc147790852cd.png

...14 chests and this was literally the first thing out of the first chest.  I'm not even kidding.

(and I did eventually get the dress back, only with spools.  : P)

...Notorious

Not a game screenshot, but I just looked at my "reccommended tags" on Steam and cracked up:

mysteamtags.thumb.png.8ad620c4697d39ddf0680e1269cbeca7.png

I love that included in there are the likes of "Dark Fantasy", "Difficult" and "LOVECRAFTIAN".  XD  (It's because I have both Don't Starves and also now Darkest Dungeon, isn't it.  Isn't it.) Also some of these things are not like the others.  Like, "open world" "relaxing" "casual" and "agriculture"...+ "survival" "roguelike" and "difficult".  

So apparently, according to this, my ultimate get-addicted-and-never-leave-the-house game would be:

A pixel-graphiced adorable art style indie game where you explore a big complicated dungeon, and there's permadeath, but it's turn-based so you always have time to strategize your next move, and if you find the right items and materials you can start farming in an area where the ceiling has fallen in so there's sunlight, and eventually start making a home.  With good music and atmosphere, and maybe a touch of the creepy. And some levelling-up/improving skills aspect. 

Ooh!  Ooh!  And after you die, your permanent structure stuff _stays around_, so your future characters can find it somewhere, but the longer (i.e, the more turns) it takes you to find it, _the more overgrown and worn out it gets_.  It could be like, "that spooky abandoned farm up on Level 15..."  And you can only get your free farm IF you de-infest the monsters out of it first!  Stumps, rocks and weeds all over your land PFF, you ain't even SEEN an abandoned farm 'til you've had to fend off carrion crawlers with a hoe!

...yeah, I probably would play the hell out of that.  :)

...Notorious

9 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Mmm.  Flour and milk.  Delicious.  At least you're also bringing money.  : P

image.thumb.png.889c1372dad37e76772e2ec228258e71.png

How about now? Diabetes trip

("Putting things in the Gateway" Part4)

image.thumb.png.3c543328f4141fa5408c4fff9118b567.png

Pipton got afraid of me apparently…

image.thumb.png.26b82ee29d49c26ae3c24bbf9142064e.png

hallo~ just want to share my dst adventure

since steam has discount sales and the DSt is 50% sale, I immediately begging my sister to buy the game and lucky she say yes but in exchange, I had no allowance in 2 weeks lol

since we don't have internet at home, I play the game in internet cafe so my recipes in gorge is always reset and I don't usually create my own world, I only join to the social servers

FB_IMG_1529749276667.jpg.dbcb122d5e3c1e8e4cebd735b0aaa20e.jpg

so this is my very first complete skin which I spent my money to the net cafe and my time to get enough spools and weave it lol (I only weave the head and the hands)

FB_IMG_1530284933488.jpg.e4f86c363b208bed872d5435e91a2c6d.jpg

playing with koreans is fun (because carry me :v)

(because I paste the screenshot through my fb, the size has been ruined, so gonna type it out what we say in chat)

drain20: cook is mine

imagi(me): yah u cook korean

drain20: don't tuch berry plz

imagi: rip

(we actually loss, but it was fun)

adada.PNG.a5808d6375bd5effa78815dabf54e19a.PNG

Wendy's Victorian set is actually perfectly fit for wilson

Capture.thumb.PNG.aa0f07f93a4f902d3eabe331c0874281.PNG

asdfghjkl I WANT MORE SKIN BELONGINGS

aaaaand this is my Ds adventure that I play it at home

5b3654b54d145_musthide.thumb.jpg.c04e375db7adc90489edf36fee2b3e4a.jpg

this is my first time I encounter Goose..

PicsArt_06-29-10_48_02.jpg.ae74219f4cc17b7ac37bdfd38f118e20.jpg

*must hide because I'm not prepared

2.thumb.jpg.ee99518a4111b963b686cc7f251eebc3.jpg

The Tree Guard vs The Duck

I bet $20 for Goose

Szczuku:  Urp, I feel my eyes glazing over from the inside just _looking_ at that gateway feast...wow. Sugar rush indeed!

Imagi:  Yeah, the changing the...spring giant's name when you type it, it does that to everyone!  It's not just you, or the fact that you're using the mobile browser.  I'm using Firefox and an ordinary keyboard, and that still happens.  Apparently somebody who coded the forum thought that was...funny?  (shrugs)

I notice your base is right at Glommer's statue.  So, a forest base, eh?  Nice.  I usually make at least a secondary base in the birch forest at some point, but not that fancy.  : P  (I only put down flooring at my _main_ base.)  And I feel ya with the mgoose being too close by...I once made the mistake of basing by a pond, and had to live elsewhere for the entire spring!  Giant bird thing just took over.  XD

...but then I could run over there every time hounds attacked, and it'd get rid of them for me.  (evil grin)  See, that's one of the most fun tricks of Don't Starve--learning how to use the game against itself.  Bwahaha.

...Notorious

So I've just played a 1 hour long Gorge game with the best team I could imagine. Here are some screenshots

image.png.60c9c4a5ff1aa453db064cfd86123f43.png

A little bit of humor

image.png.7efdeac9d223a68c386860c27716b453.png

Did you know that wheat can rot?

image.thumb.png.6a889ac4a151a9237b0c1254cd37a867.png

"Putting things in the Gateway" THE FINALE (You probably waited for it to end, didn't you)

We've also cut and dug the entire forest down but i forgot to take a screenshot

image.thumb.png.6ccce9b05cfa1eb40430fe422e20307a.png

1. i just noticed my steam screenshot in the menu.
  2. Multi seed for ref(found the wiki has a clean version)
  3. Wilson sits on a log
  4. Hoe jokes
  5. More characters crash for occasion
  6. Wickerbottom reeeeeeeeeeeeees for freedom.
  7. Woodie overdid it to my horror
  8. There's a WX out there called Scary...
  9. I add my own dialogue.

image.thumb.png.7255fa82ef4537df61ed4fa9ea4e66ec.png

1. I send the data to Tron with success!
  2. Wes gets a little greedy during a ending.
  3. I roleplay Woodie
  4. Starvers doing the Harlem shuffle
  5. MErms on the dance floor
  6. Another win
  7. Two wholesome scenes: Woody's love and Sammy's thoughts on Pipton's care.
  8. Kittykit forgets that the game is called Don't Starve for a reason and I'll probably won't feed them until the Gorge is over.
  9. Wilson takes note of Mumsy's... Service.
  10. The portal sucks me in and WX is ready to Matrix kick me in for the heck of it.

Archived