Screenshot showcase

That is all...WAY weirder than anything I've ever done in this game.  I mean I've used the occasional pretty strange-looking mod, but...wow.  : P

Speaking of, let's show some of those now!

From my first time messing around with the Megarandom/Multilands mods:

megarandomwut.png.54ca78d13ea06843b7733cd9917c744c.png

Sooo...shipwrecked beach right next to a CAVE biome on the SURFACE.  Yep.  And this was the first thing I found, too, as you can see from the clock in the corner.

sandcarrots.png.2182d1d8fccb1808ca93c1add8d9fa5b.png

Mmmm, sand-carrots.  Also it's well-known how much mushrooms like completely dry soil.  Yep.  They love it.

sharkitties.png.68d0e623b68bb8113721ec4bd2eadf22.pngr

Romping with the sharkitties..

whatisthiseven.png.adb95076449847752a2a6d605ede5cff.png

...what is this even.  XD

...Notorious

lol... 

14 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

That is all...WAY weirder than anything I've ever done in this game.  I mean I've used the occasional pretty strange-looking mod, but...wow.  : P

Speaking of, let's show some of those now!

From my first time messing around with the Megarandom/Multilands mods:

megarandomwut.png.54ca78d13ea06843b7733cd9917c744c.png

Sooo...shipwrecked beach right next to a CAVE biome on the SURFACE.  Yep.  And this was the first thing I found, too, as you can see from the clock in the corner.

sandcarrots.png.2182d1d8fccb1808ca93c1add8d9fa5b.png

Mmmm, sand-carrots.  Also it's well-known how much mushrooms like completely dry soil.  Yep.  They love it.

sharkitties.png.68d0e623b68bb8113721ec4bd2eadf22.pngr

Romping with the sharkitties..

whatisthiseven.png.adb95076449847752a2a6d605ede5cff.png

...what is this even.  XD

...Notorious

I think that you just need to make the world bigger to avoid that.. maybe?

Weirdly enough...that's how they actually recommend it in the settings.  TONS of biomes; if you turn it down the mod starts getting sad and saying "More is better..." And yes, I put the world on huge.  The mod's creator WANTS it to be absolute chaos, apparently.  The first time I played it I just went with default settings to find out what it was like and...wow.

Later on I learned how to just not activate the biomes I don't want (on the surface) at all and the world calmed down a little...but this one?  This one I didn't last very long.  Because I got killed by a random Ewecus in the green/slime biome that I now never, ever have "on" in the mod's settings. : P 

...Notorious

4 hours ago, Field Field said:

yes that is in fact what rainbow jellyfish are for

I honestly didn't know that til I looked it up (I tend to play the shipwrecked DLC sporadically). I honestly just thought of them as a different type of light source/food source a character can use.

CHARLIE!  I've got that mod too.  Aren't her custom outfits _gorgeous_? 

charliechickendance.png.332a9150374429fa730efd6b0aaaa6fd.png

So of course I immediately had to undercut the Shadow Queen's dignity by making her do the chicken dance.  : P

I haven't actually played as her in Shipwrecked, tho--WAIT A MINUTE, that'd make it so I didn't have to worry about rain, wind _and_ hands

whosehandsarethose.png.ce5e68dcaf084ecf5fd88bd94edd8d22.png

(whose hands are those, anyway?  Bob!  Bob the intern!  I've told you, stop hiring minions without running it by me first!)

all trying to put my fire out at once!  Which...means I probably can't play as her until I've learned to Shipwreck in a non-sucky way with a standard character first.  Ah well.  Also here's Charlie in a regular-clothes outfit:

charlieinpink.png.6727a6a2e94be8c44dffd325a6855394.png

--which I think looks rather stylish and nice, for non-fancy stuff.  Actually one of my favourite things to do with the skins is to see what cool outfits you can get out of the common stuff nobody thinks much about.  There's actually some nice looks, if you, well, look for them...

And THIS is what I got explored on the map me and my brother have been playing lately, last night.  Dear GOD!  This is only one strip of it!  When I said I set the map to "huge", he may have taken me a hair too literally...(we have a custom dedicated server through a third-party thing, since we're so far apart on the globe that if either one of us just ran the game off our own computer, the other person would have SO much lag they wouldn't be able to play at all.)

starvaniamap.thumb.png.c8a96b2067b0fa77c37fb69735fec8ed.png

It's so blurry because THAT'S how far out I had to zoom to make the whole map (so far) fit on the screen at once...

...Notorious

9 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

CHARLIE!  I've got that mod too.  Aren't her custom outfits _gorgeous_? 

charliechickendance.png.332a9150374429fa730efd6b0aaaa6fd.png

So of course I immediately had to undercut the Shadow Queen's dignity by making her do the chicken dance.  : P

I haven't actually played as her in Shipwrecked, tho--WAIT A MINUTE, that'd make it so I didn't have to worry about rain, wind _and_ hands

whosehandsarethose.png.ce5e68dcaf084ecf5fd88bd94edd8d22.png

(whose hands are those, anyway?  Bob!  Bob the intern!  I've told you, stop hiring minions without running it by me first!)

all trying to put my fire out at once!  Which...means I probably can't play as her until I've learned to Shipwreck in a non-sucky way with a standard character first.  Ah well.  Also here's Charlie in a regular-clothes outfit:

charlieinpink.png.6727a6a2e94be8c44dffd325a6855394.png

--which I think looks rather stylish and nice, for non-fancy stuff.  Actually one of my favourite things to do with the skins is to see what cool outfits you can get out of the common stuff nobody thinks much about.  There's actually some nice looks, if you, well, look for them...

And THIS is what I got explored on the map me and my brother have been playing lately, last night.  Dear GOD!  This is only one strip of it!  When I said I set the map to "huge", he may have taken me a hair too literally...(we have a custom dedicated server through a third-party thing, since we're so far apart on the globe that if either one of us just ran the game off our own computer, the other person would have SO much lag they wouldn't be able to play at all.)

starvaniamap.thumb.png.c8a96b2067b0fa77c37fb69735fec8ed.png

It's so blurry because THAT'S how far out I had to zoom to make the whole map (so far) fit on the screen at once...

...Notorious

I especially love her rose outfit!

They managed to release a re-vamp of her mod for standard DS that was finally Shipwrecked compatible and it came with skins, though you don't get the same ability to walk through the night like in DST. 

1 hour ago, Quoth143 said:

I honestly didn't know that til I looked it up (I tend to play the shipwrecked DLC sporadically). I honestly just thought of them as a different type of light source/food source a character can use.

That used to be the case, but the latest content update for SW added gave them another function.

8 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

That used to be the case, but the latest content update for SW added gave them another function.

They weren't even added until the latest content update, though. Helping find the volcano has always been their secondary function.

3 hours ago, Field Field said:

They weren't even added until the latest content update, though. Helping find the volcano has always been their secondary function.

I thought they existed before the home sea home update, but I guess not. Admittedly, I never did play much of SW.

The jellyfish existed, but they didn't glow

jeraldthejellyfish.png.550bbed24c246ca380db2ba2e1032bd1.png

...as evidenced by Jerald here, since it's dusk and he still looks non-transparent and non-glowy.  Whether or not they helped you find the volcano in some other way (such as being in larger/more concentrated groups near it?) I don't know, as I suuucccckkk at Shipwrecked and have never lived long enough to find the damn thing.  : P

...Notorious

11 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

The jellyfish existed, but they didn't glow

To clarify: Jellyfish existed on SW's release, but rainbow jellyfish, a completely different mob, were added with Home Sea Home. Regular jellyfish won't help you find the volcano and won't make you glow, they just spawn in shallow ocean and roam around.

Killed by flint?  Is that like that one forum signature about "when what sustains you as a character kills you" and it shows a Wigfrid getting killed by Gold Nugget?   XD  (Another reason I don't live in the caves!  _Raindrops_ falling on my head I can handle, but cloudy with a chance of rocks*...)

And wow, Sinister Fang, that IS a welcome.  I've seen similar (including in my SECOND attempt at the Multiworld mod), although not usually with the portal smack dab in the middle of the clockwork area.  Gotta say, Maxwell in that outfit + the refined, elegant area with marble, carpet and roses...kinda works well together, visually.

Now if only said elegant setting wasn't trying to kill him. : P

Anyway.

willowstwins.png.84f07cffed8dab840b76e85cc2ad960f.png

...yeah, this'd pretty much be my reaction if I suddenly found myself with twin toddlers.  XD

(MEEP MERP MEEP MERP MEEP MERP MEEP MERP SHUT UP ALREADY!)

sleepydeer.png.b857539999f1e778adef6d13b6aabec2.png

Awww, who's a sleepy deer then?  You are!  Yes you!  Seriously, for a spooky vignette all alone in a dark scary forest on a cold winter night...this is kind of adorable.  :)

And then I cranked the gamma up unreasonably high in Irfanview to see what it looked like, and...

sleepydeermessedup.png.3c4929434b40ff924a882b52d0f6354e.png

The pixel information...for the tree (and the rest of the deer, and the sapling)...was actually STILL THERE in my original screenshot even though I couldn't see it!  Dude!  Maybe that's a common thing everybody knows, but gotta say it's pretty cool.

familychilling.png.c478a0afefc12345c765f0ae7661e2e7.png

Me and my brother (yes, my actual real-life brother--he's the one I gave my free extra copy to) chilling together at our first family base.  Awww.  He made the straw roll, one of the chests, one of the drying racks you see there and a pickle barrel...which is out of the shot.  (Also the "Winona is related to Wilson somehow!" crowd is gonna LOVE this... : P)

And yes, I'm wearing Wes's battle gear, because I hit "Random" on my outfit before I started playing.  Last time I did this, Willow ended up running around in her silk robe for an entire season.  Very Arthur Dent.

Last but not least...for some reason all this batch of pictures have been at night and kinda to really dark.  Let's change that.

brightcherryforestwinter.png.cb88af12b6cf096ffec43c92bfb3f18a.png

OW MY EYES!! aka "Where the blank are my ski-goggles?!"  I did not do ANYthing to the lighting or saturation in this picture.  Apparently in winter daylight, the Cherry Forest turns _neon_.  Is that even grass, or Ecto-Cooler?  Wow.

...Notorious

*Okay meteors, fine.  But those only happen in certain areas, not wherever you are, automatically.

Oh, your screen shots don't have to be lame.  Just try and take pictures of things that are funny, cute, weird...a lot of the time I just take shots of what the game does on its own.  Spring is great for this, for example, because EVERYTHING FIGHTS EVERYTHING and it's easy to find funny/action-packed battle-shots.  :)  

And that's only ONE example.  You can do cute pictures of pets, pretty pictures of scenery with cool lighting, funny shots of you and your friends all dancing together...It also helps to write a short caption that'll help you remember what was going on when you took the picture, in case you look at it again way later on and are like "wut"

And, here's a few more of my own from "Island Adventures".  Because why not.

seashellsoccer.png.91bb576c2e99cbd1026925ff65c51a56.png

Wickerbottom practices for the Seashell Soccer League.  Also, I think that bird on the left is taunting me.

sleepydogfish.png.120c8219cc6825ce458e1c1ffc7ec32a.png

Aww, lookit my sleepy little friend.  :)

pirateseagull.png.9bb19feba05d810be7cb43f9924eafeb.png

And then, I specifically waited until I got a seagull for my pirate birdcage, instead of using whatever random bird happened into my trap first.  BECAUSE I COULD.  >:D

...Notorious

Archived