Concerns Regarding Halloween Skins

@JellyUltra Get off my post reeeee ;)

But seriously though I think we've made some good suggestions. Most people don't seem satisfied with the randomness and luck basis of the current system, so hopefully our suggestions are being taken into thought. I still think the direct purchase method would be the best, but also the spools system, if perhaps made a bit more difficult could work even better.

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

I'm just curious, is there any official annoucement where Klei explains the skin drop system and that why they chose this? I'd honestly like to hear the opinion of the developers.

Devs probably were inspired with blizzard games: Wow raids and overwatch loot system. This system is really great so why not to use it

40 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

People have already been doing this...

I am aware of that but it would probably make the issue worse. Unfortunately Klei/Valve don't seem to have any problems with skin idling and aren't interested in addressing it. (Valve has done changes to game key granting at least but this came years later than it should have.)

During the Winters Eve event last year, the drop rate of elegants and distinguisheds were increased somewhat. It may have even increased for last year’s Hallowed Nights. I know that I got almost every costume hat, nearly entirely through drops. So there’s a middle ground between a guaranteed  daily drop and the present rarity.

2 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

During the Winters Eve event last year, the drop rate of elegants and distinguisheds were increased somewhat. It may have even increased for last year’s Hallowed Nights. I know that I got almost every costume hat, nearly entirely through drops. So there’s a middle ground between a guaranteed  daily drop and the present rarity.

I'd be ok with them temporarily flooding the market a little to lower prices, it's just the constrained time frame that concerns me

6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yeah, it'll likely crash the market, but who cares?

Sadly I think @JoeW does just go back to the ONI alpha gift threads.

2 hours ago, landromat said:

The Forge chest system is almost perfect. (Just required lvl xp should be capped). I hope Klei will implement it for standart worlds somehow

Truer words have never been said till now. I hope they might try to make something close to it as it's a way better than the stupid unfinished trade-inn system.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

They should also increase the drop rate in general, I'm tired of getting skirts and shirts every time.

I think they should just offer all set skins at the forge bundle price of $12.99, for each set. @Mr.Mulk is already willing to spend $20 on one set, I think he and other people (including me) would gladly pay Klei themselves than some random lucky guy on steam.

45 minutes ago, Master Wolf said:

They should also increase the drop rate in general, I'm tired of getting skirts and shirts every time.

I think they should just offer all set skins at the forge bundle price of $12.99, for each set. @Mr.Mulk is already willing to spend $20 on one set, I think he and other people (including me) would gladly pay Klei themselves than some random lucky guy on steam.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

3 hours ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

I am aware of that but it would probably make the issue worse. Unfortunately Klei/Valve don't seem to have any problems with skin idling and aren't interested in addressing it. (Valve has done changes to game key granting at least but this came years later than it should have.)

I don't think it would make this better or worse. People who are gonna abuse the system are gonna abuse the system. Sure, a change like this could benefit them, but it'll benefit normal players too.

Heck, if Klei just dropped the market entirely and let you purchase character skin sets directly, then the players who abuse the system for profit won't be making anymore profit. And I'm sure Klei would be raking in more money from skin sales then they are now. Klei get's more money and we get easier access to skins. It's a win for everybody.

The difference between these skins and the previous ones that have seen price drops is the skins that had price drops were never removed from the drop system. They had months and months for players to get them as extremely rare drops.

The Hallowed Nights costumes only have a week to drop, with a reset in the middle which means there will likely be two waves of new skins being put on the market. But since there is such a high demand for them, they'll continue to be bought up and eventually only a few will likely be left around which will be extremely high priced then because of it.

The only price drop that will happen will be the gradual decrease of these extremely high priced remains until they reach a point where the community accepts that amount generally. Statistically, 40$ is the amount skin prices end up capping off at long term; and all the most expensive ones from before Hallowed Nights have been at or slightly below this amount and these prices almost never waver.

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

The difference between these skins and the previous ones that have seen price drops is the skins that had price drops were never removed from the drop system. They had months and months for players to get them as extremely rare drops.

Incorrect. Last year’s event include quite a few skins that were available for a limited time only: The Chester, Hutch, cat, glommer costumes & hats and the jack O’Lantern torch. They started out expensive and the  price dropped on all of them except for the torch. LIkewise, the holiday skins included an ornamental birdcage that was available for a limited time and became pretty affordable. 

Of course head skins are always going to be more popular than garment and item skins, and that is the difference with this year’s event.

11 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Incorrect. Last year’s event include quite a few skins that were available for a limited time only: The Chester, Hutch, cat, glommer costumes & hats and the jack O’Lantern torch. They started out expensive and the  price dropped on all of them except for the torch. LIkewise, the holiday skins included an ornamental birdcage that was available for a limited time and became pretty affordable. 

Of course head skins are always going to be more popular than garment and item skins, and that is the difference with this year’s event.

I'm hoping the character skin prices become feasible. Today is a pretty crucial day as the counter will reset and a lot of people will be getting their drops. Hopefully we see prices fall accordingly over the next few days.

To be honest, yes, I agree this drop thing should change or the rarity booster should be applied, why you ask?
Well think about this
We have 4 Weeks of play time for the Halloween Event
4 Weeks, 4 Gifts each week = 16
16 Presents...
With everyone's luck and desire for an item they will get at least 15 commons and 1 classy item
Without the Rarity booster, this event is nothing but a lotto fest, aka 1/1Million chance for something they want

6 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Incorrect. All of those skins except for the torch were Distinguished. Half of all the skins released during this Hallowed Nights are Elegant which are much rarer to find. The very torch you mention yourself, which is the only Elegant skin from that holiday, is still high priced even today. And it is within the exact price range I outlined. Yes of course the more common skins will decrease in price, because they are more common ones. Obvious.

Virtually all of the skins concerned at the moment are Elegant, which are not only more rare but are in more demand because they are more popular. As opposed to the generic creature costumes from that previous holiday which you will almost never see any body even wearing.

These situations are not comparable at all. Not only is this round of skins largely of a higher rarity and thus are inherently going to be more sought after, but the skins are also far more unique and are being released under the special condition of them previously not being acquirable. Three fundamentally influential factors which completely change how the market will play out.

And thus, Deerfrid is nearly 200$ at the moment, because Klei secretly doesn't want players to use these skins.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

I'm hoping the character skin prices become feasible. Today is a pretty crucial day as the counter will reset and a lot of people will be getting their drops. Hopefully we see prices fall accordingly over the next few days.

I think the biggest concern I have is that these skins drop in the main game but the Forge only drops Forge event skins. Even though the Halloween skins will drop for a month; most players will probably be playing the Forge as it is a limited event and wont even have the opportunity to earn those limited Halloween skins. (Unless they play the main game.) If Halloween launched the same time it did last year this wouldn't be an issue but unfortunately it is.

7 minutes ago, The Curator said:

And thus, Deerfrid is nearly 200$ at the moment, because Klei secretly doesn't want players to use these skins.

How do you explain Klei giving everyone access to the Halloween skins for the duration of the Halloween event?

25 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Incorrect. All of those skins except for the torch were Distinguished. Half of all the skins released during this Hallowed Nights are Elegant which are much rarer to find. The very torch you mention yourself, which is the only Elegant skin from that holiday, is still high priced even today. And it is within the exact price range I outlined. Yes of course the more common skins will decrease in price, because they are more common ones. Obvious.

The multiple Top Hat reskins were Elegant, not Distinguished.

37 minutes ago, The Curator said:

The top hat skins were elegant, and at any rate, you said nothing about elegants in your original post, only that people had “months and months” to get them, which was not the case.

54 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

-dot dot dot-. One person is willing to pay $67.21 for the Wigfrid mask, which is bad enough, but no one seems to have succeeded in selling it for $130.

You are joking right..?

$130 for just the head alone?

Archived