Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

3 hours ago, Panpolyqueergee said:

Will the Shipwrecked content eventually make it to the Pocket (mobile) edition?

There is already a version of SW on mobile. I don't think there are plans to link it with the mobile version of ROG, though, as that seems to be where the bugs come in on PC

• Developer

I think the OP is asking whether the new shipwrecked content will eventually come to shipwrecked on mobile. Without committing to any timelines for exactly when, I'd expect that it would happen eventually.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

On 9/13/2017 at 2:46 PM, t1morino88eex said:

Holly hell, so this is the norm nowadays. I'll never again buy or touch anything Klei makes. I don't care that it's just a visual thing, but this is one of the lamest and cheapest way to expect to make money out of a game. Awful.

Well here's the thing.  It's not game-breaking, or a pay-wall blocking game continuation.  I don't see it as anything other than letting the people who choose to deepen their in-game experience.  I'll keep enjoying my game the way I see fit.  Of course, you can boycott and never play another Klei game, too.  It's just a shame you'd let something so insignificant shift your way of thinking.

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mowde said:

I wonder if there will be some "puzzle elements" to discover about Hamlet in Don't starve, as they did before the launch of Shipwrecked! And by "wonder", I mean "wish", of course...:wilson_wink:

Yea! Like for example a 5% chance of tophat dropping when you destroy pig houses

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

What do you guys think Hamlet dlc will bring? (things that are not obvious ofc)

I hope that we get some sort of new ancien guardian for the ,,pig ruins"

Spoiler

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania don't starve hamlet

I'm pretty sure that the scorpions are a sign of poison mechanic being brought from shipwrecked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, landromat said:

it's not poison, it's Acid

Actually it's venom, my mates.
Something Klei/Capy got wrong. Shipwrecked snakes should be called venomous, not poison(ous).
(Their meat seems to be poisonous tho, so you can't really tell)

Edited by Maslak
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Actually it's venom, my mates.
Something Klei/Capy got wrong. Shipwrecked snakes should be called venomous, not poison(ous).
(Their meat seems to be poisonous tho, so you can't really tell)

Actually, it's injectable hurting juice.

26 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I just noticed something. The floors have thulian writing. I wonder if that will be important.

My friends kind of told me the scorpeons featured in that screencap are not cat-like, which kind of bummed me out.:wilson_ecstatic:

we know that symbol means thulecite, so we probably will see pig version of ruins there

• Like 1

Wow! Thank you, Klei.  I've been with DS since beta and have loved the depth and beauty that you all kept adding to the game.  Instead of imitating all the others, you have consistently remained quirkily yourselves.  The pigs were one of my favorite DS creatures, so I'm extremely happy that you have brought them back into the spotlight. I've been too busy to play for a while, but now I hear that Beefalos can be tamed a bit - another brilliant innovation.

Please keep that Indy feel - you are leagues above the others.  The EA Poe - Adams - Ring Cycle mash works so well. Dark, but light. 

PS Will raising baby birds ever become a possible good move?  That was a great touch - just a bit frustrating when domestication never was rewarded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

When is Hamlet going to come out?

Since the a new year has started at least Klei could give us a date.

Just be a little patient ok? They'll give us a date when they're good and ready. Besides, I'd prefer a vague date to a specific one anyway. It puts less pressure on them to meet a deadline. That's how games get launched as broken, buggy disasters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1