Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

37 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Just be a little patient ok? They'll give us a date when they're good and ready. Besides, I'd prefer a vague date to a specific one anyway. It puts less pressure on them to meet a deadline. That's how games get launched as broken, buggy disasters.

more like how Through the Ages comes out 2 years later with different content & name.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yeah, but TtA only had a gif, this already has a teaser trailer, so I don't think it'll change that much \shrug

A gif of in-game content is worth miles more than a teaser trailer.

1 minute ago, MayFire said:

I don't mean to sound impatient, but wasn't hamlet supposed to be released a couple days ago? I literally sat up 2 days straight, constantly checking for the release. x_x

No? Q1 or Q2 2018 = January-June 2018

Just now, IzzyXD said:

I was not contradicting you. that's why it was a reply to L and not yourself.

Alright, but the original gif didn't even look like it was in-game, just animations. Similar to the Slips/tor. The teaser in my opinion showed more than the gif since there were enemies, environment, and all that. That coupled with the screenshots shows me that Hamlet is well along in development and likely won't suffer the same fate as TtA.

• Like 2

Just now, MayFire said:

Oh.. I have never seen release dates like that so I assumed it was 01/02/2018.. My bad.

No problem.

Just now, Chris1488 said:

Alright, but the original gif didn't even look like it was in-game, just animations. Similar to the Slips/tor. The teaser in my opinion showed more than the gif since there were enemies, environment, and all that. That coupled with the screenshots shows me that Hamlet is well along in development and likely won't suffer the same fate as TtA.

The original gif was on the ground in-game and so forth. Slipstor was leaked anims that were compiled on a default grey background in Spriter. RIP Slipstor, anyhow.

2 minutes ago, IzzyXD said:

Slipstor was leaked anims that were compiled on a default grey background in Spriter.

I remember that a bit differently when rezecib made that first thread in 2015: 

That's why I feel that way about the beefalo riding gif, it didn't look very 'in-game' to me, the turf doesn't really look like the normal stuff seen:

Beefalo_riding_teaser.gif.4750d97afc45f0911c645e20d39a6c52.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chris1488 said:

I remember that a bit differently when rezecib made that first thread in 2015: 

That's why I feel that way about the beefalo riding gif, it didn't look very 'in-game' to me, the turf doesn't really look like the normal stuff seen:

Beefalo_riding_teaser.gif.4750d97afc45f0911c645e20d39a6c52.gif

Both of those are in-game... Rezecib used console commands to make the Slipstor play the animations

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IzzyXD said:

Both of those are in-game... Rezecib used console commands to make the Slipstor play the animations

Nah, the beefalo riding gif doesn't look like the actual game at all. The grass, the way Wilson moves behind the beefalo and how he gets flung across the screen just doesn't look like actual in-game footage.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, IzzyXD said:

the gif just looks off for sure, its definitely concept footage to get people excited for beefalo riding (which was still added).

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 2:51 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

Just be a little patient ok? They'll give us a date when they're good and ready. Besides, I'd prefer a vague date to a specific one anyway. It puts less pressure on them to meet a deadline. That's how games get launched as broken, buggy disasters.

I just wanted a date, not being inpatient

What Fang generally meant is that giving away release date can be a bad idea. If something takes longer than expected, developers either rush to meet release date or fail to release game in time. Both situations suck.
 That's why they promised to release it in first half of 2018. They deserve understanding. I respect that and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maslak said:

What Fang generally meant is that giving away release date can be a bad idea. If something takes longer than expected, developers either rush to meet release date or fail to release game in time. Both situations suck.
 That's why they promised to release it in first half of 2018. They deserve understanding. I respect that and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Yeah you're right but they can always delay it ( I'm  GTA fan I'm used to delays) but no pressure they can take all the time. I can wait

• Developer
5 hours ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

Yeah you're right but they can always delay it ( I'm  GTA fan I'm used to delays) but no pressure they can take all the time. I can wait

Not everyone is as okay with delays as you are, in fact, most people aren't, and that impacts Klei badly. Rockstar is a very large studio, Klei isn't (yet).