More events??????

As far as I know, Klei is making events which are taken from real life like Christmas, Halloween, Year of the Gobbler. Since no important or worldwide events are upcoming, I think there's not gonna be an event sooner in the game.

This post resonates with me on a spiritual level.  Because when you think about it, we are all just thoughts.  We think, and then we act.  Our thoughts define us, make us who we are, affect every aspect of our lives.  Thank you for this enlightening experience.

22 minutes ago, Battal said:

This post resonates with me on a spiritual level.  Because when you think about it, we are all just thoughts.  We think, and then we act.  Our thoughts define us, make us who we are, affect every aspect of our lives.  Thank you for this enlightening experience.

Wow existential crisis much

2 hours ago, csc_unit said:

For the ones in existential crisis -> There's no free will, only neurochimistry. Srry :/

I'm in the middle ground when it comes between thought processes and science and the mind and soul

But we are getting way off topic. So, can we have some random Klei event? Like a potato cup day?

the heck is going on in here

ANYWAY! Events. I was kinda bummed there was no Easter event but I guess they wanted to keep religious events to a minimum. (Make it spring/bunnyman releated :> )

I do hope we get some new events soon like a summer event or autumn event, because as it stands right now, all the events are within a tight time-frame of each other (4 months or so). I hope we get events all year around we can always come back to and enjoy cus the event content has been really fricken cool so far. (except valentines day)

15 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

I don't **** with no thots.Wait, wrong one...

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 10.13.13 PM.pngSorry Joe.:wilson_ecstatic:

3 hours ago, Maknov said:

How about a never ending frog rain event?379e6752befd48ff845166e15ccf3eaa.png

Is there a frog equivalent of Chinese new year? Perhaps a Maurdie gras for both frogs and merms? It would fit great with the swamp theme.:wilson_smile: specially a boost for those who use a one-man-band in a parade with others.

One of Overwatch's points about events is that every event comes with a fun, exciting gamemode(most of them lmao) that freshens the game up while incorporating its status as a multiplayer game about heroes. Great examples include the Halloween event and Uprising event, which goes a step further to add lore into the game mode.

Since DST is a cooperative survival game about surviving against the wilds and magical and history, I was thinking about an event revolving around Charlie, perhaps around her anniversary as Queen of the DST world/her birthday to celebrate with her denizens, which could involve a special survival gamemode that could be hosted on servers.

Going with the story that all the characters have been brought into the DST world and are surviving well, players spawn in a world with a premade base, materials and tools, and survive in eternal darkness against nightly hordes of monsters or something to that effect while Charlie toys with them and tries to hunt them down aggressively. Each day could be limited to evening and night cycles due to an eclipse. The gamemode could perhaps have an end objective like destroying all stagehands, picking roses scattered in the map or just go on endlessly.

It'd be neat if the event could contain new interaction lines specifically for the special event as the characters are set to have been in the DST world for a while now and are more experienced, e.g. fooling around with each other, referencing more of each other, giving reminders and survival tips like a roommate. The event could also b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶l̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ shed more light on Charlie's lore and character and backstory, like learning about a queen's past on her anniversary/birthday, also giving a chance to hint at a future character very not related to her. That or start a new ARG thing by scattering around clues in the world and caves shroulded by eternal darkness. The date of Charlie's release as a playable character would be hidden in the eternal nightmare cycle Ruins.(im kidding about the last one) And so on haha

2 hours ago, Atkvin said:

I was thinking about an event revolving around Charlie, perhaps around her anniversary as Queen of the DST world

:wilson_laugh: : Happy anniversary Charlie! we all hate you!

Jokes aside... Easter was the last thing i really wanted out of DST (aside from "International put a pillow on top of your refrigerator day"  of course), and other than that... Well i don't see much need for more events. We wouldn't want to make the game 50% events, would we?

On 11 May 2017 at 9:05 PM, Atkvin said:

One of Overwatch's points about events is that every event comes with a fun, exciting gamemode(most of them lmao) that freshens the game up while incorporating its status as a multiplayer game about heroes. Great examples include the Halloween event and Uprising event, which goes a step further to add lore into the game mode.

Since DST is a cooperative survival game about surviving against the wilds and magical and history, I was thinking about an event revolving around Charlie, perhaps around her anniversary as Queen of the DST world to celebrate with her denizens, which could involve a special survival gamemode that could be hosted on servers.

Going with the story that all the characters have been brought into the DST world and are surviving well, players spawn in a world with a premade base, materials and tools, and survive in eternal darkness against nightly hordes of monsters or something to that effect while Charlie toys with them and tries to hunt them down aggressively. Each day could be limited to evening and night cycles due to an eclipse. The gamemode could perhaps have an end objective like destroying all stagehands, picking roses scattered in the map or just go on endlessly.

It'd be neat if the event could contain new interaction lines specifically for the special event as the characters are set to have been in the DST world for a while now and are more experienced, e.g. fooling around with each other, referencing more of each other, giving reminders and survival tips like a roommate. The event could also b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶l̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ shed more light on Charlie's lore and character and backstory, like learning about a queen's past on her anniversary, also giving a chance to hint at a future character very not related to her. That or start a new ARG thing by scattering around clues in the world and caves shroulded by eternal darkness. The date of Charlie's release as a playable character would be hidden in the eternal nightmare cycle Ruins.(im kidding about the last one) And so on haha

And where Overwatch is pointed out, I must state something that has to go with this event which comes in every TF2 update.

Hats! Cosmetics! Skins! That would work very well with the suggested event as a "Goodness/Light collection", they were the lights in the night, or as Wendy would say "A tiny bulwark against the shadows" (I think)

4 hours ago, Spaartan said:

Hats! Cosmetics! Skins! That would work very well with the suggested event as a "Goodness/Light collection", they were the lights in the night, or as Wendy would say "A tiny bulwark against the shadows" (I think)

yea! ((b̶U̶T̶ ̶R̶O̶S̶E̶ ̶C̶O̶L̶L̶E̶C̶T̶I̶O̶N̶))

Archived