[Game Update] - (BETA) 211528

3 minutes ago, Battal said:

Well, it can be repaired with Nightmare Fuel, which you get a TON of from the Fuelweaver fight anyways.  Plus NF is pretty easy to get once you have your sanity under control, so I think it's decently balanced.

and the weaver can be cheesed.

Everybody's on about the new armour, but I'M over here wondering why the heck spore clouds would make your pet go hungry!  : P  Also I love "learn blueprints while mounted".  I'm just imagining somebody riding a beefalo like this:

rideembeefalogirl.png

--and getting jiggled vigorously around between every few words.  : P  "To make a desert goggles:  First, take a--OW, quit that!--pigskin, then add a WHOAH, Bessie!--chunk of gold..."

(And yes, that is our own GiddyGuy there!  Hee.  I'm behind the beefalo in this shot, and am (unsurprisingly) also the one talking.  ;))

...Notorious

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

The armour can:

Hide contents

Be refueled with nightmare fuel to increase durability by 25%.

It has 16 hits and then it's at 0% durability- damage taken does not matter.

Does not break at 0%.

Makes you take 0% damage for 10 FRAMES every 5 seconds.

Takes 1 second to allow the shield to be activated when equipping or putting fuel in from 0% durability.

Only works against things that hit with or has the tag "_combat" -> Not Charlie/Grue damage!

I'd say it's the best chest armour in the game.

At least it can be rejuvenated, that is good.

But a damage resistance shield, come on. And the fact it is pretty much designed for fighting bosses due to the low hit durability, you already had to kill a super powerful boss to get it and your reward is making other bosses easier. Potentially easier bosses by comparison. Ugh.

14 minutes ago, The Curator said:

But a damage resistance shield, come on. And the fact it is pretty much designed for fighting bosses due to the low hit durability, you already had to kill a super powerful boss to get it and your reward is making other bosses easier. Potentially easier bosses by comparison. Ugh.

It sounds to me like it was designed to be the best armor in the game. So of course the best armor in the game is going to make fighting bosses easier.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Curator said:

I fail to see why this GOD-TIER item is a bad thing... looking at ALL the things that a player has to do to get it:

1. Collect marble
  2. Make marble statues of the Knight, Bishop, and Rook
  3. Wait for a new moon to hammer these statues to release the Shadow Bosses
  4. Fight off these bosses that grow stronger with the defeat of their comrades and get the Shadow Atrium
  5. Delve into the caves to mine stalagmites/boulders for a chance to get Fossils
  6. Go concur the caves and then the Atrium which is like a gauntlet
  7. Build the fossil correctly and then give it the Shadow Atrium to revive it.
  8. Defeat it.

With all these steps, an armor that would make everything easier sounds alright... though I am not discounting your thoughts on other loot such as staves and/or weapons...

• Like 15

8 hours ago, jantonio said:

and the weaver can be cheesed.

Doesn't this apply to every boss in the game?

8 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

The armour can:

Hide contents

Be refueled with nightmare fuel to increase durability by 25%.

Does not break at 0%.

Now if only certain other refuelable items didn't break at 0%...

*cough* *cough* Magiluminescence

*cough* *cough* Moggles

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Asparagus said:

I fail to see why this GOD-TIER item is a bad thing... looking at ALL the things that a player has to do to get it:

1. Collect marble
  2. Make marble statues of the Knight, Bishop, and Rook
  3. Wait for a new moon to hammer these statues to release the Shadow Bosses
  4. Fight off these bosses that grow stronger with the defeat of their comrades and get the Shadow Atrium
  5. Delve into the caves to mine stalagmites/boulders for a chance to get Fossils
  6. Go concur the caves and then the Atrium which is like a gauntlet
  7. Build the fossil correctly and then give it the Shadow Atrium to revive it.
  8. Defeat it.

With all these steps, an armor that would make everything easier sounds alright... though I am not discounting your thoughts on other loot such as staves and/or weapons...

Well it is not necessarily a matter of the player becoming too powerful, but that the way the developers make them powerful is utterly boring. It is armor specifically designed for fighting bosses, when at that point in the game you have probably already killed most of them.

If they are going to reward players for completing major tasks of the end game, the reward should be something that makes the end game more interesting. Not something that makes it even easier, which it already will be, it is meaningless to keep building the player up when they already are at the heights of the progression system.

You have to perform all-l-l-l-l of those tasks you just listed, and your reward is armor that makes fighting bosses easier. So fun.

Not a staff that summons shadow minions, or a shadow bow that actually is a decent ranged weapon powered by fuel.

Just more generic armor. In a game where most of the equipment already is not worth using because of statistic and requirement balance issues.

Will need an entire thimble to contain the hype to perform all those tasks, and have that waiting as your prize after it all ends.

Edited by The Curator

16 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Not a staff that summons shadow minions, or a shadow bow that actually is a decent ranged weapon powered by fuel.

What is it with you and shadow minions? To be honest I don't want minions that do your bidding because Klei can't seem to make smart fighting minions unless they're super tanky and have AoE.

A shadow bow sounds pretty nice but pretty op if it's ammo is nightmare fuel, that'd just make you as lazy as a Wendy player.

Edited by GiddyGuy
Lord Biddles.
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, GiddyGuy said:

What is it with you and shadow minions? To be honest I don't want minions that do attacking because Klei can't seem to make smart fighting minions unless they're super tanky and have AoE.

A shadow bow sounds pretty nice but pretty op if it's ammo is nightmare fuel, that'd just make you as lazy as a Wendy player.

Well the bow would need to be balanced properly in some regard to keep combat fair, but just something unique and not just another copy paste armor or melee weapon with zero intricate qualities.

Minions is a fallen concept in the game.

Abigail is a horrible mechanic, she is not a minion; she is just your babysitter who you need to rely on to fight for you. You then have to wait for certain times in the day for her to be even effective, and even then she clings to mobs even if you disengage, then attacks and scares other mobs even if you don't want her to.

And Maxwell's puppets. Well, pick between the gatherers who not only make things ridiculously fast; but they destroy everything in sight and are just a literal pest even when they are on your side or the duelists who have zero health and thus die at a stiff breeze.

So other then the agenda of wanting actually good minions in the game, its a very intrinsic concept with the shadows in general and so having a shadow item that gives you minions would make sense.

At this point though. The hype for A New Reign being finished is overshadowed by the hype for the developers maybe actually balancing the game after they finish the last expansion. How about actually polishing the characters mechanics and rebalancing the numerous overpowered ones, how about altering the variables on all the dead-content like the batbat and bee mines that are only useful in extremely niche circumstances not used until you have been in a server so long you are just finding ways to occupy time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

The armour seems decently balanced. Lets hope that this kind of balancing will be done after ANR is finished for many other items *cough*thelazyforager*cough*

It seems that you and I share the same allergic reaction to questionable game design choices: a sore throat.

• Like 7

I don't think this armour is really that overpowered. It's possible to get it early winter if you rush the shadow pieces and the atrium, in which case it gives one person a powerful piece of armour for fighting bosses. Depending on how often the weaver will be able to be fought (I'd imagine every 20 days or so after tuning), it would take a while to get gear for everyone on the server. Even then I don't think it's necessarily an overpowered piece of armour, it's main benefit being that it can be used to save on inventory space - a piece of bone armour and a full stack of nightmare fuel only take up two slots, as opposed to devoting most of your slots to wood armour. Traditional armours would still have the slight advantage of automatically replacing a broken one, as opposed to having to refuel it manually. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DarkKingBoo said:

The new armor gives you the shadow sheild effect when hit once(blocks 100% of the damage, but it still hurts durability), after the effect there will be a cooldown before it will block another attack. 

Whether or not its worth beating the Weaver for, dunno. It might be great for Maxwell users though.

Heres a pic of what it looks like:

Hide contents

bd271afbb0.png

Essentially, I've just got the sexiest exoskeleton so far, not counting WX's custom chassis?

• Like 1