[Game Update] - (BETA) 208993

...I tend to go around foraging far and wide for berries/vegetables that haven't been picked yet as filler in the winter...mainly because I FORGET about the using-ice-as-filler thing!  Also, even though it makes no difference...I kind of like my food to be made completely out of food.  It just feels more natural eating meatballs filled with mushrooms, or dragonpies filled with berries instead of sticks.  (The exception being fishsticks, because PUN.)

...that said, I'd be sad if the ice thing was completely taken away, as I _do_ use it sometimes when i get desperate.  It also depends on whether or not I'm alone on the server--more people would need more unpicked berries, carrots and mushrooms than can be picked and brought home in time, so the ice-filler bit comes especially in handy then.  And it depends on what the other players are _like_, and when they show up.  Having good players around in the fall can help you build up better food stores...having mooch or cluless players show up right near/IN winter can quickly empty the fridge--if you have one.

If it WAS taken away, I could go back to the hungrier winters I used to have before I knew the trick at all...but naturally I'd prefer to, well, not starve.  : P

...Notorious

5 hours ago, aukingiii said:

MERMS HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EAT SINCE THEY CAME OUT PEOPLE!!!!!!!! DON'T YOU EVER LOOK ON THE WIKI!!!!!!

Sorry, I don't frequent the wiki, see, I like the thrill of finding out things about the game on my own... like how they intended it from the beginning *shrugs* My apologies for asking when this was implemented and for not knowing about this which has inconvenienced you O__O

3 hours ago, aukingiii said:

also if you didnt notice im a rude person

im known for saying things like: shut your face and thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard and some stupid person etc

*ASPARAGUS will remember that*

Image result for flowey evil smile gif

• Like 6

I wonder when the actual updates will come through to the main branch. It seems like, a lot of it should be ready to be 'ported' (I don't remember the word I am looking for here, feel free to correct me on this), no? 

3 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

I wonder when the actual updates will come through to the main branch. It seems like, a lot of it should be ready to be 'ported' (I don't remember the word I am looking for here, feel free to correct me on this), no? 

A few weeks after it all comes out in beta would be my guess. They did say they didn't want to flood the main branch of the game with update/hotfixs. :)

• Like 2

Just now, JimmyJam said:

A few weeks after it all comes out in beta would be my guess. They did say they didn't want to flood the main branch of the game with update/hotfixs. :)

Ah, I must have missed that statement completely haha. Makes sense I guess. Thank you! ^^

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

Ah, I must have missed that statement completely haha. Makes sense I guess. Thank you! ^^

They have been really good with moving over to the main branch. So the wait shouldn't be that long. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

They have been really good with moving over to the main branch. So the wait shouldn't be that long. :)

Don't get me wrong here, I can wait. I need some practice on killing the Antlion alone first anyway, so no worries here, I have time :p 

3 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Sorry, I don't frequent the wiki, see, I like the thrill of finding out things about the game on my own... like how they intended it from the beginning *shrugs* My apologies for asking when this was implemented and for not knowing about this which has inconvenienced you O__O

*ASPARAGUS will remember that*

Image result for flowey evil smile gif

Ah, ah, ah, forgiveness.

51F1MQSRW7L.jpg.

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 6

On 4.03.2017 at 6:53 AM, Asparagus said:

You found yourself on the meme track...
You took some swag and you can't go back.
Forever now, forever now...

On 4.03.2017 at 10:45 AM, AnonymousKoala said:

Merms actually could always eat. They're just, surprisingly, vegeterians, and since veggie food never gets near them usually it's rare to find that out without reading about it.

I don't want to repeat this after two people already pointed this out, so I'll just add - it's useful to bait them (tentacles/elephant cacti/stuff).

About that skeleton. Lights out worlds got huge buff.
I can also see some cool bulb, berry and maybe fern(?) farm using some skeletons and lureplant. Maybe boulders/statues block skeletons? Who knows.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, aukingiii said:

I hope you remember this too: I don't usually say out those things out loud and my brothers and sisters are the ones that tell me I'm rude

Can... can I be your brother then? @_@

Image result for adorable shy anime guy face blushing

So I can go on and continue calling you out if you get a little rude  again? O__O

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Maslak said:

About that skeleton. Lights out worlds got huge buff.  I can also see some cool bulb, berry and maybe fern(?) farm using some skeletons and lureplant. Maybe boulders/statues block skeletons? Who knows.

!  ... Holy crap!  DUDE!  That's...would it _never_ deanimate if it was never morning...?

I'd totally experiment, but my few tries at Lights Out have ended kinda...flameish.  Just a _little_ bit of...massive forest fire...nothing to worry about, really.

(Singleplayer, that is.  I would never do that on purpose to a world other people might still want after I die.  Heh.)

Well, it's about time.  There are lots of dangerous things that only come out/activate at night; it's about time we got something NICE after-hours.  I mean, I'M a night-owl, and _I_ don't go around swarming out of my nest the second the sun goes down to eat hapless adventurers!  Not on weekdays, at least.

...Notorious

• Like 4

On Sunday, March 05, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Asparagus said:

Can... can I be your brother then? @_@

Image result for adorable shy anime guy face blushing

So I can go on and continue calling you out if you get a little rude  again? O__O

Ok, you shall be my honorary brother

Edited by aukingiii
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Master Jand said:

If possible, will the ruins one (smartest of the 3) have it's own 'language'? (If it can speak more than just murmurs and whispers)

Ariel shoujo weebie.png[NERD SQUEEAGE!] If I were Klei, I'd totally hire the guy who did the language for the Klingons and Atlantians[Disney's Atlantis the Lost Empire].

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Master Jand said:

If possible, will the ruins one (smartest of the 3) have it's own 'language'? (If it can speak more than just murmurs and whispers)

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Ariel shoujo weebie.png[NERD SQUEEAGE!] If I were Klei, I'd totally hire the guy who did the language for the Klingons and Atlantians[Disney's Atlantis the Lost Empire].

SOMEBODY SAID CONLAGS?!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

A wot?:wilson_shocked:

Constructed languages - conlags. Different from ciphers in the way you actually have grammar and strict syntactical rules, whereas a cipher is just words made up on a basis of need. Compare Quenya, Sindarin, Klingon (all conlags) with Qunlath and Elvhen (ciphers). You can learn a conlag and speak it, including creating new words the way all natural languages do, but you can't do it with a cipher.

Edited by Arlesienne
  • Like 1