Modded Skins Showcase

My Festive Pack has been updated to support Modded Skins API, and even has an API-exclusive item. Just one for now, it's a Festive Crockpot.

Here are the skins I made:

abigail_flower_festive.pngballoons_empty_festive.pngcane_festive.pngcane_festive2.pngcharlies_lovely_gift.pngchest_mod_festivizer.pngcookpot_festive_map.pngelfcostume.pngelfmodhat.pngelfmodhat2.pngfootballhat_festive.pnglighter_festive.pnglucy_festive.pngspider_snowman.pngspider_warrior_ice.pngspidereggsack_festive.pngstylishsweater.pngstylishsweater_blu.pngwathgrithrhat_festive.pngwathgrithrhat_festive_f_other.pngxmascostume1.pngxmashat_default.pngabbie.pngbeard.png

Not all of them are actually this "modded" quality, but it makes sense for them to be here, doesn't it?

Edited by PanAzej
Added Abbie and Beard.

Just now, PanAzej said:

My Festive Pack has been updated to support Modded Skins API, and even has an API-exclusive item. Just one for now, it's a Festive Crockpot.

Here are the skins I made:

abigail_flower_festive.pngballoons_empty_festive.pngcane_festive.pngcane_festive2.pngcharlies_lovely_gift.pngchest_mod_festivizer.pngcookpot_festive_map.pngelfcostume.pngelfmodhat.pngelfmodhat2.pngfootballhat_festive.pnglighter_festive.pnglucy_festive.pngspider_snowman.pngspider_warrior_ice.pngspidereggsack_festive.pngstylishsweater.pngstylishsweater_blu.pngwathgrithrhat_festive.pngwathgrithrhat_festive_f_other.pngxmascostume1.pngxmashat_default.pngabbie.pngbeard.png

Not all of them are actually this "modded" quality, but it makes sense for them to be here, doesn't it?

Looks good! I'll add these to the main post stat.

Edited by Chris1488

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I thought the skin api wasn't meant to be used for vanilla content? I'm confused on the particular boundaries of this :s

Code-wise none of my skins are actual direct reskins using the API.

Also these got featured, so I guess they're considered "okay" by the devs...

3 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

abigail_flower_festive.png

what is this?

most of these skins are simple palate swaps for me it just feel weird calling them reskins

I do enjoy the tennis and medic and festive stuff as reskins

idk just think should just be called color swaps

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I thought the skin api wasn't meant to be used for vanilla content? I'm confused on the particular boundaries of this :s

It should not. But this mod is probably doing things in another way. As far as i understand it, the mod make the items craftable using the classic game item. For example, you could craft a "festive battle helm" using a battle helm. So if you put skin on the "festive battle helm" it's ok because it's not a base item.

Since the mod is featured, i guess the "craft one by using one base item" is perfectly ok, because it doesn't really concurrence (compete ?) skin. If i create a new helmet, i don't concurrence skin, so creating a new item using one base game item should be ok too.

The skin only apply to the new item, not the base one, so it should be ok with the rules.

So it's very particular/specific, because there is a lot of work to make a good "recraft" way, but none of the original items are skinned if i understand it well.