Island Adventures: A Shipwrecked Port

As for volcanoes, might it be possible to create impassible 'wall' tiles, with a wormhole-like volcano entrance structure leading to the other side of them? Then volcanoes could be generated as another island with a formation in the middle, rather than another world.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow

7 hours ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

As for volcanoes, might it be possible to create impassible 'wall' tiles, with a wormhole-like volcano entrance structure leading to the other side of them? Then volcanoes could be generated as another island with a formation in the middle, rather than another world.

Thank you for the information, however, please understand we won't be working on the Volcano for several months and all information shared now may be forgotten by the time we do begin working on it. It's best to focus feedback on what were doing now, rather than future tasks.

2 hours ago, RobbieRotten said:

You should be able to walk further out to the edges of land, and not be able to sail so close. Wrong way round...

Also, @CapyGames is NOT Capy. It's an old troll account of mine.

The account was removed from the post.

Thank you for your feedback, but we will be sticking with what we have currently. If you wish to make changes you're welcome to create your own port.

@Aquaterion and @RobbieRotten please stop spamming this post with off topic items. I will ask a moderator to remove the posts otherwise.

Edited by Kzisor
Typo.

8 minutes ago, RobbieRotten said:

In SW, you don't sail into the land, but you can walk further out. Your "borders" are way too far in. Deal with it, it's WRONG

Other things:

1. In SW, the islands don't have a sand border.

2. In SW, the shallow water goes for more than one tile out.

idk man...like idk

so passing the things of a game to another doesn't equal a port...

I guess a cat isn't a feline either cause it doesn't look identically like a lion :y

Hey, everyone... Just pretend the troll doesn't exist and continue on with your lives! The more you feed the troll the larger he gets and the more difficult he is to deal with and the more toxic the environment gets! I'm sure @JoeW's magnificent bee wrath will show up in due time ;)

(And to put my 2 cents in... There's a reason why this is called "Island Adventures" Because Kzisor's putting his own twist on things and it isn't 100% a perfect replica of SW! He's trying to not only port it but apply fixes and changes to it all as well!)

Edited by Fidooop

10 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

Hey, everyone... Just pretend the troll doesn't exist and continue on with your lives! The more you feed the troll the larger he gets and the more difficult he is to deal with and the more toxic the environment gets! I'm sure @JoeW's magnificent bee wrath will show up in due time ;)

(And to put my 2 cents in... There's a reason why this is called "Island Adventures" Because Kzisor's putting his own twist on things and it isn't 100% a perfect replica of SW! He's trying to not only port it but apply fixes and changes to it all as well!)

I agree. Let us call upon @JoeW to purge this troll!

In other news, I'm totally looking forward to the mod. Keep up the good work, @Kzisor.

Everyone should be grateful that Kzisor & his pals are making such a huge complicated mod like this :)!! I mean it must be so much hard work to port anything from SW let alone make new animations, code & all stuff like that!

Plus, Kzisor & his pals are taking the time out of their day to do all this stuff without donations!! Nobody has the right to complain at all about what Kzisor will do with this great mod he's making & that's that :D!!!

I'm looking very forward to this great mod & so should everyone else!! We all need to be thankful that Kzisor & his pals are doing such a amazing mod in the first place :)!! So, nobody please complain it makes you look like a mean person...

Edited by SuperDavid

Okay, well now that the thread has calmed down from the escalation that happened; thank you Klei moderators. We want to say a few words about trolling and the damage it causes to modding and game development.

We, like many game development companies, almost cut all communications off from the public eyes until the product was in it's release stage due to the fiasco which happened here tonight. Unlike the game developers who are being paid to listen to customer feedback and take what we say with a grain of salt, my team and I are not being paid (as @SuperDavid stated); we're creating this mod for the community wanting nothing in return. We reached out to the public community to show progress on something that has been a desire since Shipwrecked was released. We respect all feedback and suggestions which comes to us, however, please understand that not all feedback or suggestions will align with the goals of the mod. Sometimes, as @Lumina stated, things must be changed in order to work correctly with the game.

We would like for people to understand that we have reached out to the public to show we're bringing something that you want. It may not have all of the flavor everyone desires, but it will be as close to a direct port that any mod creator can make without the content being ported directly by the original game developers. We're making changes where appropriate and will continue to make changes as development continues.

As far as a few comments posted previously, read the quotes from @halfrose, currently the amount of shallow water in the port is limited because it's still a work in progress. We are still continuing to work on the mod even after what has happened here tonight and will not let trolls stop progress from being made on the mod. We may scale back the amount of information we release to the public due to the events tonight.

We would like to thank everyone for their continued support and as always if you have any questions please be sure to post them.

Hi @Kzisor

wow that's so fast :o

awesome news! and thx all help Kzisor for make this mod

if you need in the future dedicated server private run 24/7 for testing your mod

i can make server for you without problem ;)

i don't care about the code, im just here for help community

thx you again Kzisor and good luck for the future of your mod, look like huge work

Edited by ToNiO55

17 hours ago, Kzisor said:

We respect all feedback and suggestions which comes to us, however, please understand that not all feedback or suggestions will align with the goals of the mod.

In fact, even Klei does choice and players could not like them. And the solution is pretty much the same.

If i don't like a choice, i could suggest something i find better. If the answer is that it will not change or if there is no answer, i must either accept it as it is or mod it myself.

For example, i like some of the rebalances Rezecib did, but i don't like some others. Since he clearly stated that he will not make configuration option, either i accept i'll have all the change, or i have to do my own mod, or i accept i have none of this. And it's fine this way.

It's the same here. Your work, your choice. Community must respect it the same way you respect feedback and suggestion.

On 12/25/2016 at 4:48 PM, Kzisor said:

At this time we're going to focus on porting the over world content so we can have a solid foundation on which to build the other content Shipwreck offers.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but does world content also include the weather found in Shipwrecked? To rephrase it, are strong winds, hail, and flooding planned to be added somewhere down the road?

Edit: That's good to hear. Hope things go more smoothly next time there's an announcement.

Edited by BP13

16 minutes ago, BP13 said:

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but does world content also include the weather found in Shipwrecked? To rephrase it, are strong winds, hail, and flooding planned to be added somewhere down the road?

Yes, we plan to add those during a later phase in development.

Update:

This week has been a crazy week for our team. We've ported a few more water creatures over to DST, but have ran into some issues with the animations not containing all the symbols. So we've put coding on the back burner so we can take the time to decompile every symbol in the game and make sure every image each symbol has will be obtained.

This is a long grueling process which has already taken up 3 days of this week for extracting, sorting and beginning the decompiling of the animation files. We will begin coding once again in the new year after we've gotten the animation issue straightened out.

Thank you for your patience while we bring the most one of the biggest game changing mods to your servers.

I hope you guys take some time off for the holidays! I mean, this is the only mod I have ever followed (also the only one I'm megahyped about) and even then, I think you deserve some rest! Anyway, keep up the good work!

Update:

We've updated the team list in the original post to show who is actually working on the project.

We're currently looking for a quote and item string writer to help alleviate some of the work that I am personally doing at this time. If you would like the opportunity to join the team, please get in touch with me via private messages so we can discuss your interest. Please be sure to send a sample of your work so we can compare it with the other candidates. We will be looking to fill this position over the next week and will make our final decision next Saturday.

We're striving to ensure that all current and future team members are treated equally regardless of stature. We will choose the best candidate to fill the position based on the sample data which is sent when applying for the team.

Edited by Kzisor
Added more information about applying for the position.

12 minutes ago, Kzisor said:

Update:

We've updated the team list in the original post to show who is actually working on the project.

We're currently looking for a quote and item string writer to help alleviate some of the work that I am personally doing at this time. If you would like the opportunity to join the team, please get in touch with me via private messages so we can discuss your interest. Please be sure to send a sample of your work so we can compare it with the other candidates.

Oh, @ImDaMisterL! I summon thee!!!

18 hours ago, Kzisor said:

Update:

We're currently looking for a quote and item string writer to help alleviate some of the work that I am personally doing at this time. If you would like the opportunity to join the team, please get in touch with me via private messages so we can discuss your interest. Please be sure to send a sample of your work so we can compare it with the other candidates. We will be looking to fill this position over the next week and will make our final decision next Saturday.

We're striving to ensure that all current and future team members are treated equally regardless of stature. We will choose the best candidate to fill the position based on the sample data which is sent when applying for the team.

I also nominate @ImDaMisterL for this role!

Update:

Okay so we wanted to post a quick update on how the progress has gone for finding all the animation symbols. We began decompiling all the animations on December 31st, 2016 at 12:00 P.M. CST; currently on January 2nd, 2017 at 8:20 P.M. we've only got to the letter 'L' in the decompilation process for Don't Starve Together. We still have to do the same process for Shipwrecked to ensure that we are moving all those symbols over as well. So we're expecting at least another 2-3 days for Don't Starve Together decompilation to complete and another 6-7 days for the Shipwrecked decompilation to complete as well. This process has been going non-stop since we began on a dedicated machine without interruptions.

While this process has been on-going we're still porting code over form Shipwrecked to Together, so no worries there. However, it has prevented us from working on key specifics as we're still missing several symbols from creatures so what we have ported over is not 100% complete. We'll keep everyone apprised of the situation as we move forward.

Alpha Testing Information:
We're aiming for a Q1 2017 alpha testing date. No hard date has been scheduled, but we're looking for somewhere at the end February/beginning of March.

Regards,
Kzisor/Ysovuka